Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.400.0 Public Test Server Feedback for 12/8/2021

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game on the most recent patch. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Yep that Sanctifier nerf feels bad.  Really going to die on this hill here.  In what way did nerfing a class that only a couple people play and (as far as I know) only one person plays regularly in dregs make any sense?  Just delete the class or entirely rework it if you don't want people playing it. I really don't want to have to pay fanatic, but I'm building a tank fanatic build that I'm probably going to need to swap to.

I get reducing the percentage (I guess. Kinda.) but increase the base damage!!! Sanctifier was already in a pretty depressing place. The amount of people playing it should say that loud and clear.

Looking at all the changes under POWERS there were 11 different Classes effected and 1 race. Of the 12 changes, all but 2 had the word INCREASED in it :

• Confessor :
    - 1 of the 3 promotions received a decrease in the damage that they deal.

• Ranger :
    - 3 of 3 promotions are effected by a reduction in PDM on tree-sap-blood talent.

My question to you is simple; why do you hate Rangers? Discussions involving Confessor have been beaten to death over the past 6 months, and especially over the last 24 hours. I'm here to rightfully complain about the poor state that Ranger as a whole is in and how it got put in such a terrible state with no changes since.

When the game launched, Warden was a meta promotion. They could deal a good amount of damage from both ranged and melee while having very good survivability with the constant barrier procs from Trap Master. The Warden's ability to wear Mail while Archer and Brigand were reduced to Leather only further made them stand out in survivability compared to their peers. On top of that all 3 Ranger promotions had access to 2 Ultimate charges since at the time it cost 500 Soul Power rather than 750 in it's current state. Giving 40% lifesteal for 30 seconds (or until healing 30% of max health) further gave Warden great survivability. Perhaps most importantly, EVERY SINGLE WARDEN used Corrupted Soul Major because it synchronized so well with Trap Master. This allowed a Warden to chain stun in an AOE while dealing damage to quickly get more Soul Power and then receive a big heal after 5 ticks of Corrupted Soul.

Rightfully so, the next patch Warden was nerfed by increasing the cost of their ultimate by 50% and reducing Trap Master's active time from 30 seconds to 25 seconds. This, of course, directly nerfed Archer and Brigand's survivability all because their trap dropping/barrier gaining counterpart was dealing too much damage and surviving too easily. I said it the day those patch notes dropped and I'll say it again; That was the laziest way of nerfing Warden imaginable. At the time I was naive and had faith that there was a chance this was just an oversight and it would be adjusted accordingly. 5 months have past, many patches have been dropped, and the only class I have played since launch, Brigand, is actually in a WORSE state. Not only is Brigand's survivability lackluster, but the PDM changes made a couple of patches ago effectively makes it so that a Brigand has NO CHANCE against anyone wearing Plate and more often than not Mail. There have been a number of times where I initiate on someone wearing Plate while they are looking at their map, and after 10 seconds they are at 20% HP, they notice they're taking damage, and effectively kill me fairly quickly. THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN. 

I am one of a very small handful of players who play solo and when I approach a player while invisible I have to look at what kind of armor they're wearing before deciding whether I should fight or not. This isn't the case of initiating on a plate wearer results in a "tougher match" for me. This is a case of me dying 100% of the time and them leaving the fight between 60-90% of their health bar still intact.

My proposal? The easy thing to do in order to perhaps get Brigand and Archer to having reasonable survivability (ironically their Ultimate is called Sustain) would be to revert back to how things were at launch; 500 Soul Power cost on Archer and Brigand... Warden can stay at 750. Don't like that idea? Fine let's get fancy; Sustain does 40% lifesteal for 30 seconds or until 30% of max health is healed. Eliminate the 30% max health cap and give 30 seconds of 40% lifesteal. I'd be reluctant to add that since it seems a bit too overpowered, but given a lot of other classes have great survivability, maybe it's just keeping up with the Jones' at this point.

As for Brigand's inability to do an ounce of damage against plate wearers? Increase their armor penetration? Reduce how effective Plate is? There's a number of routes to take, but not opening on a Cleric ain't it, Chief.

And before I hear bUt BrIgAnD iS a UtIlTy ClAsS, iT'S nOt SuPpOsEd To Do DaMaGe... Their "utility" is detecting invis while invis, which isn't even part of their kit and requires them to slot the Hunter minor.

Edit : There's a reason why there are only 2 people who play Brigand constantly and 3 additional people who play it occasionally; it's because the promotion sucks and we hate ourselves. Fix it. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bacon_is_Bad

1 AM est time for NA West keep defense is just stupid.. moving it back to the 12 am would be better or even move it to 11 pm would be best. Like listen to your player base please.. it's just to freaking late. 

19 minutes ago, Gottimus said:

1 AM est time for NA West keep defense is just stupid.. moving it back to the 12 am would be better or even move it to 11 pm would be best. Like listen to your player base please.. it's just to freaking late. 

I'm just looking at New York time (that's EST time right?), but it's 9pm for NA East, and 12 midnight for NA West on test?

Edited by LashLash

The rewards for the tokens, relative to what you can buy in the campaign rewards vendor, seem too high. You get 6250 conquest tokens for getting more than 200 conquest points. A legendary major discipline is 300 conquest tokens. Being able to get 20 legendary major disciplines for just getting 200 conquest points seems overkill.

Also, a major legendary discipline costs the same as a minor legendary discipline? Majors cost domination dust (16K gold worth each) in their construction, and are way harder to get to legendary, than minors. Knowledges are also rarer than minors. The majors need to be worth a lot more.

Please review and update the rewards vendor amounts, and the campaign reward amounts, so we can give feedback on them, if these are placeholder.

If they are not placeholder, they are way off.

Edited by LashLash

Rufio was able to close his eyes, count to 8, and nearly win EVERY heads up slugfest match while on a Titan.  He fought a Battle Rager, Barbarian, and more. The only rules were they had to stand face to face, and Rufio had to close his eyes, and ALL he did was auto attack, Berserk, and mitigate his crash with his Ultimate.  He didn't even have to worry about not having an Ultimate.  He didn't touch Pulverize and never needed Paragon heals.

The ONLY reason he lost was missing a crash after his 8-count was slightly off after prolonged fights.

Titans do not need lowered Soul Power Ultimates. Ragers and Conquerors needed lowered SP Ults and the damage buffs.  Titans didn't need any of that. 

Edited by Solstar

New fort timers are great, but one massive issue remains. Having a 30 minute break between every window is horrible, the usual way things go is that A ) It sucks so no one bothers even forming for it, B ) There's a formup, but after one window everyone scatters to do other stuff, and almost no one bothers with the next window.

Having a break is very nice, but I would very much like it if the windows happened in clusters. So for example three back to back windows with no breaks between them, 30 minute break and then another block of three consecutive windows kicks off.

I think the score currently is restricting some people showing up in full right now, we will see forts on fire whole 2 weeks straight next dregs up until we reform alliances for winning points the last weeks like everyone will be trying to do also

Edited by Represent

2 minutes ago, Represent said:

I think the score currently is restricting some people showing up in full right now, we will see forts on fire whole 2 weeks straight next dregs up until we reform alliances for winning points the last weeks like everyone will be trying to do also

That may be a factor, but a separate issue. Fact remains that the breaks make for a less than enjoyable gaming session, demotivating myself and a lot of other people from bothering. Regardless of the goal of an activity, activities do in fact need to feel fun and without huge artificial barriers blocking them from being as enjoyable as they can be.

This is even more important when PvP is supposed to be the fun of the game. Take out the fun from PvP in a way like this and whats left in the game?

15 hours ago, Bacon_is_Bad said:

Looking at all the changes under POWERS there were 11 different Classes effected and 1 race. Of the 12 changes, all but 2 had the word INCREASED in it :

• Confessor :
    - 1 of the 3 promotions received a decrease in the damage that they deal.

• Ranger :
    - 3 of 3 promotions are effected by a reduction in PDM on tree-sap-blood talent.

My question to you is simple; why do you hate Rangers? Discussions involving Confessor have been beaten to death over the past 6 months, and especially over the last 24 hours. I'm here to rightfully complain about the poor state that Ranger as a whole is in and how it got put in such a terrible state with no changes since.

I complain all the time about the state of ranger, but i perform semi well with my build and i had to invest a ton to get access to what i need, but i think people are thinking im complaining just to QQ and it's still strong pick but i play all the versions of the ranger tree and took the 1 i felt least kicked in the balls by, but make no mistake i feel like the ult change ruined how rangers should of been played period 

They nerfed rangers in a time when a majority of the playerbase was level 30-32 and wearing mostly blue wartime trash and no jewelry or access to build creators yet. Now everyone is moving up and gaining their builds the ranger slowly falls behind in performance due to the loss of the 2nd ultimate on all 3 trees

I still don't understand the proposed PDM nerfs without a corresponding Confessor nerf. The whole playerbase has responded to OP confessors by wearing fire resist gear and creating mutually dependent builds that use PDM to control Confessors -- and it had been working, at least for group or raid combat (PDM is useless for solo/duo combat). Just when the meta was beginning to change (DPS shifting to ice or electric attacks because they know nobody wears that protection) you take away PDM.

One of the Devs talked about metrics you use to make these decisions. I have a suggestion for three metrics to consider:

1. The proportion of factory copied armor that has fire resist as its only resist stats (you'll have to exclude chest pieces since they don't have resists).
  2. The proportion of deaths due to Confessor of the last 5 PvP deaths for new players who have recently stopped playing.
  3. The ratio of forum posts about Confessors to the forum posts about any other class.

Additionally, I really don't understand the Knight nerf. Why did Get Behind Me go from 15% PDM for the group (just barely useful by itself) to 3% PDM (not useful at all)? Were there players with pitchforks and torches demanding a Knight nerf? Are Knights winning a disproportionate number of PvP encounters? Were Knights in danger of becoming the new meta?

(And yes, I know clerics can also use Stalwart, but they're generally too busy healing to block -- this is a Knight nerf, and a nerf of their key mechanic).

So I've been testing Half Giant Titan, fighting some mobs and the UI for Berserk that tells me how much time I have left doesn't show up. On top of that, I am 99% sure that I don't have to negate the crash anymore? Like, I just don't Pulverize OR use the Ultimate and I don't recieve any damage that I should recieve? I know that Titan got a buff and all, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it should be...

Edit: Also Neck Slash should be available after certain powers during Berserk and it isn't. I also seem to be able to heal more than I should be during Berserk? (more than the starting HP when Berserking)

Edited by x2spooky4me

1 hour ago, Represent said:

I complain all the time about the state of ranger, but i perform semi well with my build and i had to invest a ton to get access to what i need

What promotion?

These PDM Changes really hurt many healers. It was already hard to keep a group afloat before, but now with these changes? Just look at the Forest Creature, beforehand 15%/25% and now we get 3%/5%. Are we a joke to you? Before this change you already needed 2 healer in a full group of 6 (dregs example) to keep the group viable afloat, but with this changes i fear for group fights. Healers were not that often taken by many people or only if there was a need and they got nearly forced, but this patch is just really frustrating for any healer, who actually liked to play a healer.

And as all of the other people already stated: To change so many classes, but leave to most OP BS stand without even touching it (the fanatic) is just laughable. Are you going to take our complaints about it in or will you just let it stand there in the room and frustrate your playerbase, who is still here. If this patch goes through this way, many people will leave, maybe even forever. So please listen to us.