Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.400.0 Public Test Server Feedback for 12/9/2021

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game on the most recent patch. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

• Confessor nerf is too minor for Fanatics and nerfs Sanctifiers once again (though nobody plays them). Redeemer is the major issue here. Why is that not getting nerfed?
  • Something needs to be done to the PDM stake. 3% is too low. Raise it to 10 -> 15% (Fortified) but make the duration shorter and/or radius smaller so people need to put thought into putting it down.
  • Why did Titan get a buff again? They are the strongest solo/small scale class currently in the game (with Fanatic). The PDM nerf already helps their damage out massively. Raging Bull to 1000 SP and leave Titan as is. 

Nevermind I just realized Titans got completely reworked and dont crash. But why nerf their ult then? Im completely confused by the change.

Explained by @galviaon Discord: bGokzUi.png

Have given this some more thoughts and testing and I think its a solid change. Given how some classes did not have a single counter to crashes (due to no frontal stuns). Well done.
  • Give Rangers their second ult back
  • Buff Vandals
Edited by WolfsRain

Hello

The issue with Confessors has never been Sanctifiers and Inquisitors, which this change affects way more than Fanatics.  Also, Fanatics were fine.  It's Redeemer that's the issue.  There's a very good thread in the general discussion forum about ways Redeemer can be adjusted without screwing over other Confessor classes.  I strongly suggest people take a look at that thread again.  If you're going to keep gutting Confessor, Redeemer builds will become the ONLY viable way to play it.  Honestly the Sanctifier straight nerf felt like a troll, but it's nowhere close to April 1st.  Give us actual data and reasoning to back these changes up.  All they're doing is exacerbating problems we've been asking for fixes for.

If people who main an OP build are begging for things about it to be nerfed, that's something to take seriously.

With the population so low, I would love to see the number of players allowed per alliance- lowered. It is not wise to have the potential for 500 man alliances in the current state of the game. I would like to see the cap be 100 people, some might argue for 200 to allow alts/casuals. I think the number of guilds per alliance is fine, to allow smaller guilds to group up.

If durability loss on death isnt reduced or chang the base durablity on gear. i dont think you will keep people pvping. point blank why the hell punish someone for playing when gear is such a pain. either 1 increase durablity on blue even more dura on purple and more on lego.  reduce base durability on green and further on white.  and for the love of all the gods add second stats to blue gear.

prevent people from logging all the characters onto the same map so they can insta switch characters when they die in pvp.   Put a timer on character switch when you die in pvp force them to rez and run back instead of just having 4 toons in the same camp so if they die they can be hitting you again before you can even bandage.

I no longer play, but decided to log back in to post this because a friend told me about the Titan changes.

Basically nobody played Titan, the devs made a change that was unnecessary, which caused people to then show the devs how absurdly broken Titan was from a design standpoint. The response to this was not to revert the change, but to completely delete Titan so that even the handful of those who used to play it no longer will.

Classic Crowfall devs. There's a reason your game is dead. I cannot believe I thought this Kickstarter was going to be successful. What a god damn moron I was.

Edited by Delfofthebla

Welp, the new change to berserk on Titan you've rolled out nerfs and breaks the class in a totally different way - so that's pretty cool. The class now has 90% lifesteal and the old Frenzy tied to their berserk spell. They've lost the "auto heal all health back and crash after 10s" berserk version, which is now limited to Battle Rager (who is still unbuffed). They also lost neck slash resets. The tool tips are currently broken. Here are the ability screenshots.

unknown.png

unknown.png

@thomasblairIf this is going to be shipped to live, Titan needs the pulverize talent removed and replaced with another unique active skill for the class as it now does nothing. The tooltip on the berserk spell is also incorrect with the new change. If the changes to the Titan talent are correct in the notes as well, then the Titan passive is also useless, since the promo does all of this.

---

The above is objective, the following is subjective. This class is now equally absurd as it was with the 500 soul power buff but at least they are vulnerable to kiting now? The issue is that if you can apply any damage at all, or have a healer helping, you will destroy enemies people - you heal for so much and deal so much damage.

I won't pass full judgement until I see what is in store for the unique spell but this change is at least interesting, if possibly insane.

Please just address the actual problems with the Fanatic (the only confessor promotion spec that is "broken").

1) Tornadoes need to be independent crit rolls. They're really only OP when all 4 crit, which is currently 50% of the time, instead of the 6% it would be if they were independent rolls.

2) Redemption, the channeled ability off of the Major Discipline "Redeemer" needs to be nerfed. CD or Dmg or both. Those are 6 huge hits inside 2-3 seconds with no prep and a 9s CD. That's too much, too easily, too often.

Absolution, condemnation, and fire wave are fine.

I did some more testing of the lifesteal mechanic and it looks like a few things make this balanced.

Firstly, healing is done on a server tick basis, and doesn't always heal you for the full amount you dealt in that tick. Because of this functioning on tick it seems to lag when calculating that ticks worth of damage and drop some healing. Here are a couple of clips from some duels in GR that demo this, along with the combat logs.

Mostly just checking the healing in these little fights, not exactly playing optimally. I have 74 damage vendor axes in the duel and leather armor on.

And here are the logs showing the strange healing:
 unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Ignore the bandage healing values, I should be healing even more off of Lifesteal assuming it is functioning correctly and as the toolltip reads - I am not hitting barriers or anything like that in these videos.

I'm still concerned about the massive PDM nerf. When my guild began fielding PDM based groups (and full fire resist gear) we started being able to compete with the high DPS groups. We have been able to defend forts with a fair amount of success (about equal splits of being overrun, holding off until the timer expires, and routing the attackers). Rather than unbalancing PVP, it seems as though PDM builds has brought some measure of balance (at least to group and raid settings -- DPS still dominates solo and small scale). I don't think there's any metric that would indicate that the PDM groups are easily massacring DPS and driving them from the game.

However, we also noticed that our PDM builds let us four-man Heralds and six-man world bosses.

I suspect that ACE is making balance decisions based on PVE rather than PVP, since they've been pretty circumspect about what metrics they used to decide to destroy all PDM builds. 

In any event, the nerf is absurd. If 50% PDM is too much, drop the max to 40% or 35% while leaving the PDM system intact. These lower values would definitely shift the meta back to DPS and punish players for playing defensive or healing builds, but at least we would need to take one less PDM skill. There is no possible PVP rationale for nerfing all the PDM down to 3% and 5%. It's useless at that point. At least at 15%, you might be able to take one extra hit from DPS before dying, but at 3-5%, no one who understands this game will take a group PDM skill.

I'ts nice to see some of the Confessor being rolled back to something that is not over the top, but you -still- have failed to change Redeemer!  

There are several things with this channeled ability which is a problem : 
1 : The Damage is still WAY over the top.
2 : When the first hit registers as a Crit all subsequent hits are also crits.
3 : Range : When the first hit lands, all subsequent hits -also- land regardless of range/los etc.  

This needs to change as well.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Powers

Based on player feedback and internal testing, we’ve modified the damage or personal damage modifier on several powers.

Assassin

• Increased the damage on Disengage
  • Fixed an issue where the Vandal talent wasn't granting the full damage increase for using Backstab vs a Stunned target
  • Reduced the damage on Blackjack Toss and Decimate

General

• Corrected an issue that prevented Deadly Poison from activating when attacking with certain powers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a mainly Sin player, and one that has exclusively been using the Vandal spec since launch I can with definity say that you are missing the mark, with the changes aimed at the assassin class.  While it is good to see the Fixed issues with Vandal-Backstab, and the Deadly Toxins, these needed changes aren't reflected in the notes what so ever.

All the PDM changes aren't changing anything much for the Assassins, as the main problem with them presently is that they don't have the survivability needed to join a lot of fights, and even when roaming solo you won't see Assassins being used cause they are out preformed by an insane ammount by - Fanatics, Archmages, Vindicators and even Titans.  What this means is further gutting the class makes it just not playable - giving a 5% damage boost to Disengage is also just ridicilous it serves no purpose.

The viable spec presently that doesn't involve a LOT of complexity is the Blackguard, while 'yes' their barrier spam has been changed with the alteration to Dagger Storms CD, you still haven't adressed the issues with the other specs.  

The Cutthroat : 
You barely see anyone playing a Cutthroat for a sustainable time.  The reason for this their survivability and escape capabilities are pretty much gone, there is only -a- viable spec -if- you take Deadly Infector, and the reason for this is the PDM provided by the double Ulti giving the sin a chance to kill something... 
Their dependency on Recon is also a huge limitation.  While the extra effects on recon is a really good idea, making something dependent on a stealth ability is extremely bad.  The change to Backstab, not being "always from behind" was without a doubt something that took the top end off the Cutthroats Damage, but further removing 11% damage from Decimate is not warrented.  It's just another nail in the coffin of the promotion.

The Vandal :
In the assassin Revamp it was always a concern as to how the Vandal would survive, the Stamina drain idea on paper is good, but the problem persist with this promotion : Cause you don't want to take it ~ the time it takes to drain someone takes so long that you will be long dead before they run out of stamina.
One of the reasons for this is that races have anti CC or complete CC immunities.  You have Ulties comming up left and right.. and in general you have no lockdown mechanic on the class.  Once you Ulti, people can just mount up and leave - because in the window you did have to kill people you either : a - don't have the damage or b - stamina draining someone takes too long.

The change to the BlackJackToss is completely needless... it actually means there is -no- reason what so ever to play the Vandal.  

• You gutted it by removing -270% of its damage. -270%!!!! making it effectively ONLY usable as a stun.  A single LMB will do : 50% more damage.  
  • The 28s Cooldown combined with the now lowered damage actually means you are better off Blinkstepping to the target to do a LMB 

Blackguard :
Will play out the same and can still be very strong.

Summary : 
Cutthroat : Still extremely hard to make viable due to lack of survivability.  Taking a -minor- but unneeded DPS hit.
Vandal : Still extremely hard to make viable due to lack of survivability.  Taking a -HUGE- and -unneeded- DPS hit due to the changes to Blackjack Toss.
Blackguard : Still viable ... nothing changed.

Just to be absolutely clear.

There are a LOT of assassins around, of which I'm guessing 90% of which are used for ; Harvesting / Crafting or PvE Content.  You're just not seeing the assassin in campaigns.  Other classes absolutely wreck the sin and what it brings to the table is just not useable in a Grp/Fort/Siege.  As a solo class you can't really solo much unless you have the high end gear available and even then there are classes which will still just laugh at you ; Templar, Fessor, Champion, Knight and Ranger to name the most dominant ones.

There are several further issues with the Assassin, which shows in how bad of a state it's in - people are only taking Deadly Infector because of the PDM, giving you enough time to do anything viable in a fight.   The assassin is not an easy class to play when not being a Blackguard.  You have a lot of things you need to know about the other classes and the only way to outplay them is to know how to treat each encounter...   

That being said I strong urge you to -not- roll out the changes for the Vandal and the Cutthroat. 

I urge you to readress how the Cutthroat and Vandal deal with how the whole Expose works on their abilities... If you want feedback I'll be more than happy to answer any questions on discord : soulreaver#1118

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Confessors on 2 Ults...

Everyone is talking about the damage, but lets just also just toss into the mix that they have an amount of ultis that is just ridicilous compared to other classes.  

Cant you guys (the devs) just test reducing how much redemtion damage scales with the amount of sins on the target until redemtion dont do 1.5k dmg per single crit, or even make it so redemtion cant crit more than once or twice.

If that dosnt feel like its enough try adding a mechanic to where every time you use your redemtion a sin stack falls of the target, could be like every 2 shots from redemtion removes 1 sin stack. That way you cant do a 5stack sin absolution on the target you're focusing on.

" Reduced the damage caused by Fire Wave, Absolution, Condemnation " 

Only spell here thats over the top is absolution, but its super rng when its actually good, sometimes it hits target for 1.5k and then some other times it hits for 6k (crit)

Fire wave isnt a big issue, specially since the cooldown of the abillity is fairly long.

Condemnation can do a fair bit of damage, but same as the redemtion from redeemer it requires sin stacks to actually do damage where it can crit for 1-1.5k, same thing you can do here as with redemtion is to test lowering the amount of damage it does with sin stacks and make it eat sin stacks the more u use it.

The only confessor spec thats over the top is "Fanatics" the other two are either somewhat balanced or underpowered. You're targeting the entire class and still fails to nerf whats broken about them. Please look over the real issue instead of just adjusting random stuff that will make the two specs that currently isnt over tuned weaker and leaves fanatic almost in the same exact spot. 

Please dont release this patch without adjusting redemtion damage, it will most likely only hurt the game rather than helping it.

Once again, if any devs wants to talk more about it my discord is " Jonttre#5764 "

1 minute ago, Jonttre said:

Once again, if any devs wants to talk more about it my discord is " Jonttre#5764 "

Make use of this offer please!

Can we revert the changes to the Titan class to what it is on live right now?The people that play titan atm the most(most active and best players) think these changes are going to destroy the class and have already quit/thinking about quiting the game.One of these guys is the guild master of (the whole?) Brazilian community and is pretty upset with the way these changes are beeing made,he asked me to make this post with the hope of disgarding these "bad" new changes on the titan class.Now i can not know myself or provide a better feedback about the class since i am not playing it,but i would hate to lose whole communities just because the developers dont at least have the feedback necessary to "correct" some things.

19 minutes ago, Arxidaz said:

Can we revert the changes to the Titan class to what it is on live right now?The people that play titan atm the most(most active and best players) think these changes are going to destroy the class and have already quit/thinking about quiting the game.One of these guys is the guild master of (the whole?) Brazilian community and is pretty upset with the way these changes are beeing made,he asked me to make this post with the hope of disgarding these "bad" new changes on the titan class.Now i can not know myself or provide a better feedback about the class since i am not playing it,but i would hate to lose whole communities just because the developers dont at least have the feedback necessary to "correct" some things.

I agree, these changes to Titans will not help the balance  of them game at all, this class is only good in small scale and has a lot of counters to it. By doing the changes thats currently live on test server titans will no longer be viable.

Also I understand how the players feel when the patches that currently being tested dosnt reflect the meta at all, like nerfing everything in  the confessor tree but fanatics.

Please revert the changes until you guys have a better understanding of what needs to be balanced.

Brigs etc needs buffs, fanatic needs a nerf (atleast redemtion damage) and fix the tornadoe issues.