Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.400.0 Public Test Server Feedback for 12/10/2021

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game on the most recent patch. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

• Thanks for nerfing Redeemer
  • Please give Rangers their second ult back
  • Buff Vandals
  • Increase the PDM on stake from 10 (non fortified) to 15% (fortified), but decrease the time its stays up (so its more skillfull). This skill is absolutely crucial in large fights for healers to keep the healing up.
  • Please remove the frontal stun protection from Minotaurs, and give them something good in return. For example, a warden's trap doesnt work on a minotaur - no matter where its placed. This is also the case for other stuns. And with ping diversity in World Wide dregs, its very unreliable to try and stun someone from behind. After that, they could reverse to the state they are in now (7.3).
  • Reverse all other confessor nerfs.
Edited by WolfsRain

Hello

The revamped Overgrowth is a huge improvement, more of that please, but older specs need the new scaling tooltips

Radical's Word of Wrath (Execute) tooltip has less information than other cleaned up Executes, in particular it is missing the Execution key word making it less apparent that it benefits from Finish Him and doesn't show the new Execution level damage like Crystal Lance does.

Radical's Holy Symbol takes a full DoT tick (around 3s) before dealing damage, which I believe is contributing to its low DPS relative to cost (250 mana! wow)

Myrmidon

• Based on community feedback we've reverted previous Titan changes
  • Now while using the Titan spec Berserk adds a damage bonus each second for damage done. 75% of damage taken is healed each second and you cannot drop below 1 Health. All prevented damage returns when Berserk ends in the form of a Crash. The Crash can be mitigated by Pulverize or Raging Bull.

Here we go again. Nerfing titans main mechanic by 25% without giving them any compensation to make them worth bringing. Now you can crash them AND just kill them with focus fire or ambient AOE in a zerg without the consistent sources of PDM that the other melee DPS classes get. It's almost like in this patch someone mandated WE MUST CHANGE THE TITAN! and all of these tweaks and changes are happening without any thought to check off some box.

I'll put down my nerd rage for a second and try to be critical and constructive. Making titans able to receive damage through zerk is fine, especially if the intended design problem is to reduce how much of a weird brick wall they are to new players fighting against the class. You needed to understand their mechanic to counter them - if you didn't it was an auto lose. In an even fight the Titan has winning match ups 1v1 against most classes as well - so this is all fine from that perspective. This preserves most of their value as a class at face value. However, by nerfing them to make them more approachable you have made them totally unviable in any serious fight in current state.

With THIS iteration (please for the love of god pick one) I think it is important to improve their survivability in DIFFERENT ways other than zerk so you can keep the spirit of your change but not kill the class. I'd personally like a 750 soul power ultimate or a large damage increase to raging bull to compensate. The 750 soul power gives you more crash avoidance and a few more ults over the course of a fight which can help compensate for the extra damage you'll be taking. More damage as an alternative would make it so that when that Myrm needs to panic mitigate their crash they will be messing you up in the process - which is fun for the myrm and makes the ult an ult instead of just a anti-crash tool.

Thanks for considering our feedback and making changes. We don't always align on what changes are good or bad or "should" be done, but continued support and improvement of the game is positive.

10 minutes ago, galvia said:

Myrmidon

• Based on community feedback we've reverted previous Titan changes
  • Now while using the Titan spec Berserk adds a damage bonus each second for damage done. 75% of damage taken is healed each second and you cannot drop below 1 Health. All prevented damage returns when Berserk ends in the form of a Crash. The Crash can be mitigated by Pulverize or Raging Bull.

Here we go again. Nerfing titans main mechanic by 25% without giving them any compensation to make them worth bringing. Now you can crash them AND just kill them with focus fire or ambient AOE in a zerg without the consistent sources of PDM that the other melee DPS classes get. It's almost like in this patch someone mandated WE MUST CHANGE THE TITAN! and all of these tweaks and changes are happening without any thought to check off some box.

I'll put down my nerd rage for a second and try to be critical and constructive. Making titans able to receive damage through zerk is fine, especially if the intended design problem is to reduce how much of a weird brick wall they are to new players fighting against the class. You needed to understand their mechanic to counter them - if you didn't it was an auto lose. In an even fight the Titan has winning match ups 1v1 against most classes as well - so this is all fine from that perspective. This preserves most of their value as a class at face value. However, by nerfing them to make them more approachable you have made them totally unviable in any serious fight in current state.

With THIS iteration (please for the love of god pick one) I think it is important to improve their survivability in DIFFERENT ways other than zerk so you can keep the spirit of your change but not kill the class. I'd personally like a 750 soul power ultimate or a large damage increase to raging bull to compensate. The 750 soul power gives you more crash avoidance and a few more ults over the course of a fight which can help compensate for the extra damage you'll be taking. More damage as an alternative would make it so that when that Myrm needs to panic mitigate their crash they will be messing you up in the process - which is fun for the myrm and makes the ult an ult instead of just a anti-crash tool.

Thanks for considering our feedback and making changes. We don't always align on what changes are good or bad or "should" be done, but continued support and improvement of the game is positive.

Well I think trying to change the Titan is fine - because even for veterans it just wasnt fun to fight them (extremly annoying actually). Even if you know how to counter them, not all classes can (or are bugged so they cant), or even if you can you cant always because of ping issues and the likes (try to stun a Minotaur Titan with a timed shot/ability and having 300 ping in the Aus zone). Though in the grand scheme of things, we shouldnt balance the game around 1v1's.

I agree with the "without any thought to check off some boxes" though.

Edited by WolfsRain

Hello

Thanks for not listening at all to what someone who been playing fanatic since release has to say

unknown.png

^ On test server ^                                                                                                   ^ On live server ^

9s CD -> 15s CD ( this would been a good nerf to start with ) BUT then you guys decided to make the damage laughable and now we have another major that will be poorly made dergs.            So with this nerf fanatics will now deal (as top damage) what we're currently dealing as lowest damage (0 sin(s) on target)

And with the other nerfs ( Firewave, Absolution and Condemnation ) we're finally in the spot where barley anyone gonna play this class.

On live servers fighting a AM for example as a fanatic is pretty even fight, but now with the nerfs AM should win 100% of the times. Archmages also outshines fanatics in largescale pvp even on lives server. 

Idk, I lost all motivation to even try to give any kind of feedback because its very clear that anything we say here is getting ignored and who ever is making the balancing is not reading the input we give. I tried giving feedback that would lead to a nerf of fanatics but wouldnt completley make them useless.

So ... the cooldown nerf would been a fine start as I said earlier, but with the damage nerf at the same time its way to much and fanatics damage will now be so bad that even I considering not playing it. 

5 minutes ago, Jonttre said:

Thanks for not listening at all to what someone who been playing fanatic since release has to say

unknown.png

^ On test server ^                                                                                                   ^ On live server ^

9s CD -> 15s CD ( this would been a good nerf to start with ) BUT then you guys decided to make the damage laughable and now we have another major that will be poorly made dergs.            So with this nerf fanatics will now deal (as top damage) what we're currently dealing as lowest damage (0 sin(s) on target)

And with the other nerfs ( Firewave, Absolution and Condemnation ) we're finally in the spot where barley anyone gonna play this class.

On live servers fighting a AM for example as a fanatic is pretty even fight, but now with the nerfs AM should win 100% of the times. Archmages also outshines fanatics in largescale pvp even on lives server. 

Idk, I lost all motivation to even try to give any kind of feedback because its very clear that anything we say here is getting ignored and who ever is making the balancing is not reading the input we give. I tried giving feedback that would lead to a nerf of fanatics but wouldnt completley make them useless.

So ... the cooldown nerf would been a fine start as I said earlier, but with the damage nerf at the same time its way to much and fanatics damage will now be so bad that even I considering not playing it. 

In all honesty they should revert all other changes to the confessor class to begin with.

15 second redemeer CD + take off one ult might have been a more solid solution. Who knows.

Edited by WolfsRain

Hello

6 minutes ago, WolfsRain said:

In all honesty they should revert all other changes to the confessor class to begin with.

15 second redemeer CD + take off one ult might have been a more solid solution. Who knows.

How about instead of nerfing fanatics to the ground, give back archers etc their 2nd ult charge and make the game balanced without going back and forth.

Buffing and nerfing in the same patches will never go well

One patch should be buffing the classes that needs to get some love, and then another patch to tune down the stuff thats way over tuned. But when you do both in the same patch its just gonna cause the issues thats currently in the game

10 minutes ago, Jonttre said:

unknown.png

or  you could offer more feedback in a pozitive light so they can adjust it further

On 12/10/2021 at 5:05 PM, WolfsRain said:

Agreed. There are many changes hitting underperforming Confessor promos when Redeemer builds were the overtuned part. Big Hits from Absolution and Fire Wave are already being squished from the top with the God Buff Critical Damage reductions and don't need to be hit with a double nerf bat.

Condemnation has a target cap less than a group and they deserve it for getting so damn close. (It only hits hard in the metrics because of multiple bonuses in very niche specs, requiem Sanctifier scaling imo)

Edited by Sovard

These huge sweeping changes aren't going to address problems. They create new ones. Start by adjusting cd OR damage on Redeemer and see how that works. Transfer some of the % taken from Sanctifier and raise the base damage in that promotion. This all feels very reactionary. Like "fine, you don't like it, we'll nuke it" or "you think it's lame, now it's god tier, stop complaining". I'm sure that's not the intent, but most changes to classes and discs have seemed more spiteful than anything else, and it makes me not want to address small problems because the fix will just turn it into a huge problem in the opposite direction. Like when rangers were screwed over when only wardens had problems.

1 hour ago, Jonttre said:

unknown.png

Confessors still have the overtuned alt. Fanatics could deal big deeps AND be dodgy and elusive. Now you're a dodgy mage that has to work harder to get his kills. I see nothing wrong with that.

I do think the sanctifier nerfs should be reversed, or at least give them the sustain they so badly need.

Looking at the Redeemer nerf a little closer, I think @Jonttre's post is less about redeemer receiving a 25% nerf (roughly) and a CD increase, and more about how it compares to other RDPS casters who fill a similar role who were buffed this patch.

Fanatic's thing is being a slippery pick off artist. They should have good burst and their single target rotation should feel strong and smooth. The 15s CD is out of alignment with the other spells confessors use, and the redeemer nerf feels bad when AM's Death Shard > Piercing Lance combo still exists in the game and does similar damage. AM's also offer a whole host of other useful utility at large scale on top of also having a crazy and frequent burst combo. The buff to Stormcaller also improves their burst significantly (and their spam) making it difficult to want to run Fanatic at that scale anymore. They don't pick targets off in the same unique way, and the two other classes spam and deal AOE damage better overall.

Losing class identity sucks. I personally think this nerf is fair, but when you compare it to what the other options do it definitely sucks for confessor players. It may be worth re-evaluating AM's death shard + piercing lance combo at a minimum, but I also think the buffs to AM and SC were totally unneeded in the first place (as my original post noted) and also further pushes this spammy/bursty ranged spam DPS meta - which is stale at this point. I think a lot of the playerbase would like to see a more intentional, large meta changing patch when it comes to rebalancing, instead of these minor tweaks to classes and discs and the gutting of defensive options in the game.

----

This is the first significant balance patch since the launch of the game, and I think it's important to consolidate the significant meta impacts so we can contextualize these changes.

• Small Scale
    • Titans and Fanatics are nerfed, will be less degenerate to fight 1v1.
    • AMs are buffed in general and retain the highest burst combo at ranged, surpassing the confessor (they were both pretty close, but AM is a little less cancerous with their worse ult).
    • Wildlands zones only allow 12 alliance members in them at a time.
    • We got some mine changes that push it towards being an objective folks may contest each other over but not quite there.
    • Ult PDM is the only meaningful defensive counter play in the game currently.
    • Some underused discs and skills got buffed and may change some match ups, but most of them are unimpressive.
  • Large scale
    • AMs and SCs spam is significantly buffed, more AOE spam meta to come. Not as bad as Chaos Orb but still pretty rough.
    • PDM sources are down, so hard engage comps are still mostly useless. Kiting and ranged poke into dives after picks will continue to be the meta.
    • Spams being improved further buffs the choke points all sieges revolve around, along with PDM being reduced making it harder to take ground on a defender with a position advantage. It's going to be a punishing and spammy meta.

I personally think that while some of these changes were needed, this patch is only halfway there in terms of balance. The features being shipped are fine to great - which is why nobody is talking about them. Great job with them  ACE! The balance stuff needs more time in the oven.

I think the redeemer changes are great, but fire wave/condemnation nerfs are not needed anymore. However, with this huge change to redeemer, combined with AM/Stormcaller buffs, people will just run am/stormcaller more often - which is a positive step but no burst imo should be able to 100-0 like certain burst combos can currently. 

However, in the end at least stormcaller/archmage have more counters than fanatic does, even if they are doing obscene burst it's far more counterable than the current redeemer -> abso burst we have now. 

Redeemer -> abso on test will do like 3-4k burst, noncrit, as opposed to the current ~5-6k noncrit burst, which is a far better level for it to be at, but death shards/lightning burst could also take a hit to bring it more into line with other burst combos. 

Edited by Cerberias

Fanatics:

Redeemer down! Mission accomplished!

Now let's see the Fire Wave, Absolution, Condemnation, and Sanctifier confessor nerfs reversed so that there's still a playable class there. 

Big Picture

That's a lot of PDM nerfs to be throwing around while leaving the majority of the ranged DPS and AoE abilities as strong or stronger than they were before,

-Still an issue-

I am completely on board with all the talk about the Titan and the Confessor changes, but the reason I keep returning to the Vandal is that it's getting the same treatment.  The damage nerf is -not- needed and since pratically no one plays the Vandal you won't find as large of an uproar about it.

The assassin is once more slipping into a non-viable state with the needless changes that are being made, pushing what Sin players there are into the Blackguard spec.  

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

The only feedback I have is : 

Stop making these -big- changes to things and do it instead in small increments.  You' aren't finding a balance you're absolutely going bonkers on EITHER OR... stop it!

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos