Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome To Dreggs, I Guess

Lauriia

Hi Crowfall people. As title says, welcome to Dreggs.

First off, I guess I'll say a bit about me. Had Crowfall and been playing about a week. Absolutely love the game, confused and lost on pretty much everything 'advanced' like the Disciplines, crafting/harvesting, builds, classes/counters, sieges, blahblah basically everything, as you do. Even so, I've had an amazing time, running around Skypoint and Shadows, doing a bit of gathering, farming, capping and some small scale pvp.

For a pvp game, I was genuinely impressed and surprised at how laid back and friendly the chat and community was, not just overall but also in cross-faction general chat. Really nice to get help and answers off even 'enemy' players, and be able to have some light-hearted banter about the pvp.

And then? I went to Dreggs. I'd done a bit of looking up, knowing the full inventory loss, the fact it's primarily guild vs guild, but there's so much to learn so naturally I don't have a clue about most things. I like to take my time in games, I'm more of a solo player, I dislike the idea of burdening other people with a bad guildie/group member, and only joined a random guild on the finder which was very dead for the quest. Long story short though, my solo capping of random outposts across the map and turning them Sun (since I randomly went from Earth to Sun on zoning into Dreggs) didn't do much since I was outside of Alliances.

So I decided I'd actually try reach out to a guild quite soon and hoped to learn and experience the game with people guiding me along, and making sure what I did contributed to the overall Dreggs campaign instead of just decapping stuff randomly for no benefit. The first night left me a bit disheartened, as I made an Inquisitor specifically to heal people in Dreggs, and our guild group was already full so I kinda just had to tag along outside of the group, unable to use half my heals on people and struggle tracking them down, but I was in Discord with them so ran around a little bit but didn't do much.

The next day, asking in alliance chat if anything was going on and if a group needed a healer I helpfully get invited to the alliance Discord channel. By the way, saying it here, I did not ask for a Discord to join, I was invited and not only invited, moved up to a private VC channel of a guild within the Discord. I'm not going to go into it but the TLDR is that I've had terrible experiences in voice so I don't just talk to people. I stick to typing back responses and, in a group this time, actually have a much better time helping this guild run resources, do a bit of capping and have some fun pvp fights. I'm going along and having the best time in Crowfall I've ever had, good group showing me what to do and generally enjoying the game with them.

At the time I'm blissfully unaware but in the day I make a taunting remark about selling someone's skull that I looted from the pvp in the day. Done it here and there in Shadow/Skypoint and people just laugh it off or aren't bothered by the dumb joke that it is. I get a few people (two or three?) saying "Be careful who you taunt/make enemies with" and "That guy is a guild leader" honestly it doesn't bother me who they are and it's all in fun, at least to me. The people in the voice chat laugh it off also, and we just move on.

Hours, hours, hours later, spending all time with this guild resource running to help the keep, capping, the usual pass-times, I make the skull comment again. Literally the same thing of just "selling X's skull" in general, when suddenly someone explodes out that I was "told to stop, so just f'ing stop", shortened the word but I imagine you can guess. Well, I wasn't strictly told to stop, and just kinda shrugged it off with an admittedly sarcastic "Do people really get that mad over it?" or something very similar.

Well, little did I know, in Dreggs, yes they do infact get that mad over it. I tell the last guildie who I'm grouped with that it's been fun playing with them all and looking forward to playing more again but I'll solo from here for a bit. I actually go to get some timber for the keep, when I get a DM from Discord. You won't get any screenshots since I closed the DM, and I'm not making the post to name or out any specific person, guilds or the alliance. I didn't imagine things would be so stupidly blown out of proportion and didn't see myself feeling the need to make a thread about it.

Anyway, as I was saying, I get a DM from an officer in my guild. He tells me that people are super annoyed by my attitude, and are extremely suspicious since I was "in discord mic muted and not engaging, and you've been active in general all day"so, firstly, yes I was mic muted. Not engaging? Sounds like I was just sat in temple afk all day listening to their convo. I was with their group the entire time, typing back to what they said in voice, helping them gather, pvp, etc. If they died and lost their items, I died and lost mine. As for the general bit I don't even know what to say, talking in general is a crime or something? Wasn't posting where we are or anything, just general chatting.

So, I'm taken completely by surprise now. Sure, selling X skull is a dumb comment, but it's hardly an obscene thing to do and it's obviously, if a super lame, joke. As I said before, the first time it was said it was laughed off, nobody strictly said to explicitly not do it and I've done it before in Shadows/Skypoint, zero issues. Apparently I'm at risk of 'ruining the guild's and alliance's reputation' and I'm asked to lay low. So first I just reply 'sure, no problem'.

Few minutes pass with my last reply with no dms from either of us and I'm thinking, actually, if there's this much drama over just that, am I willing to really risk staying with these people when my progress is literally tied to the alliance/guild? So yeah, I just straight up ask if they want me to leave. Apparently in those few minutes the situation had worsened or something and more people were wanting me out or something, I don't even know.

I say my piece that I argue this stupidity and petty point actually having me kicked over does this guild/alliance more reputation harm than good, but why bother really contesting it? They want me out, nothing I can do, so I get kicked. Okay, kinda annoying since I lose the alliance, all the progress, and what I thought was the best bunch of people since I started the game.

So, now what? I don't want back in those kind of guilds or that alliance. I took time to really process the entirely overblown situation that this is, and here comes the rant I guess. If nothing else, I want people to be warned that if you go into Dreggs, don't expect the light-hearted, laidback and fun environment from Skypoint or Shadows that you came from. Like I said, won't name people/guilds involved, just think carefully about what you say because apparaently saying you'll sell a skull can get you kicked from your guild so who knows what else can.

Kinda disgusting to feel I need to post my side out to this forum because I can't post in others apparently, and I feel like this is just an absolutely dishonest smear and attack on me without my side so here it was.

And, finally, to the people that I grouped with and played with yesterday, if you're reading, you know who you are. So it's either two things: You were all either the most two-faced people I have ever met and because one(?) or a massively vocal minority got mad you turned on me and thought I'm some mastermind spy or huge troll for one joking comment, using the fact that I was in your Discord against me when you were the people that invited me. Even offered to leave the group when someone needed a spot in it and we were full. Or, you were all just too cowardly and silent to actually speak up the truth and defend my side of the story, just opting to go with the easier way of kicking me out entirely.

..Okay maybe 3rd and I kinda hope it's this, you were offline and things happened without your input. I'd genuinely hope it's that but I'm extremely doubtful.

So yeah, thanks for the wasted progress I guess. Beware Dreggs indeed.

I'm sorry that this is how it went for you. I have no idea which guild you were with, but I saw when you were advertising yianni's skull for sale in general chat I also concluded you must be someone's alt account.

The players you were grouped with were mad at you because you were unknowingly putting a target on their backs.

Edited by Retchet

Yeah, sounds about right.

The people still on this game take things too seriously. And yes, people will bully others out of the game for any perceived 'slight'.

Wasnt it last week some new dude was complaining people were camping him cuz he disagreed with the dust price? LOL Yall should be ashamed. Cmon guys...

11 minutes ago, Retchet said:

someone's alt account.

The players you were grouped with were mad at you because you were unknowingly putting a target on their backs.

You might need to edit out the name. Not sure if the forum has name or shame policies, and I'd rather not target people.

Insanely ridiculous though. I thought it was because of who's skull I was saying I was selling in hindsight. Makes it even more petty that it was either out of cowardice from my alliance, or bullying from another guild/alliance by being scared of some guild leader. I don't care who people are. Why are people so eggshell-steppy in a pvp game? You'll make rivalries regardless of things like that by just finding the same names and pvping. That's how it works.

3 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Yeah, sounds about right.

The people still on this game take things too seriously. And yes, people will bully others out of the game for any perceived 'slight'.

Wasnt it last week some new dude was complaining people were camping him cuz he disagreed with the dust price? LOL Yall should be ashamed. Cmon guys...

Oh, right. So less relaxed than I thought then. At least it's not just me, I guess..

Nah, there is no need for me to edit the name out; yianni doesn't care if he is liked or not. It's not even yianni who would be miffed about you selling his skull. He might have even gotten a laugh out of it.

Be on the lookout for a DM from me on here.

1 minute ago, Retchet said:

Nah, there is no need for me to edit the name out; yianni doesn't care if he is liked or not. It's not even yianni who would be miffed about you selling his skull. He might have even gotten a laugh out of it.

Be on the lookout for a DM from me on here.

I mean I'd rather have them confirm it's fine, lol. No offense. I mean I can't exactly enforce it so yeah you do you.

I'll keep an eye out but heading to work just now. Will get back to you when I can. Thank you. :)

Yeah, in dregs there are sometimes smallminded people. We had a huge clash with some people, because they accused a member of cheating, just because they did not understand certain mechanics that well. Even after clarifying everything with the devs, etc, they continued to insult the whole guild. A bunch of idiots are around often.

In general SkyPoint and Shadows are much more relaxed, as it is first of all much safer there and the end goals are different. Dregs is Guild vs Guild with often quite good rewards, so there is a harder competition and with smaller guilds/alliances more opportunities to clash. Wheras in Shadows you have personal rewards for all of your faction and many stack on the biggest faction, so less friction. And well SyPoint/GodsReach is trainingsground without real rewards at the end.

Some guilds dont care for such actions and some guilds even work around that, like mercs who are hired to kill certain players or help in sieges. It is a pity, that your first experience was such a misery.

On 1/5/2022 at 2:24 PM, Retchet said:

And that is why they should join one of Death alliance guilds. It feels like it's a sport in here, putting targets on our backs. Typical "diplomatic" conversation is: will it get us more PvP? Yes? Do it. Attacking a keep with 3 people online in enemy prime time? Why the f not, got wiped, still got PvP. And the defenders got some action so that's a win-win.