Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

why conquest points should be remove from outposts

wargen

Why conquest points should be remove from outposts, it ruins the game! You can win drags whit outpost, the best way to get outpost is to avoid fights

and that is no fun !!! 

If conquest points gets remove from outposts it would make all fort windows a pvp fight so we atlist could have fun in fort windows ( like how keeps are right now!). 

what is forts doing that outpost dosent ??? you have to nolife to win dargs (get on when/where no one is playing and you win)

if there cant be found somefing else then conquest points then remove outposts(/make them do nothing) from the game for now

fx you could get a buff for having a lot of outposts.(Suggestion for removel: just set the conquest points to 0 or 1)

Edited by wargen

So, what about small groups that can't reliability take forts? 

What is everyone going to engage in for the 23 hours that forts aren't active everyday?

Removing points from outposts can't be the only thing. 

removing points for Op's is BAD BAD idea. however i think that the more keeps/forts your alliance  have. the less points Out Posts   should be worth. 

13 hours ago, Solstar said:

So, what about small groups that can't reliability take forts? 

What is everyone going to engage in for the 23 hours that forts aren't active everyday?

Removing points from outposts can't be the only thing. 

almost every hour of the day has forts. wtf u on about?

46 minutes ago, Spunky said:

almost every hour of the day has forts. wtf u on about?

Each fort has two 30-minute vulnerability windows.  Each region has 8 forts, but two forts overlap each window. That means, at most, each region has 4 opportunities to capture a fort, which is a maximum of 2 hours per region. 

8 hours out of 24 hours is not "almost every hour of the day".

And normal people sleep, work, and have family's. 

So "wtf u on about?"

I completely agree that a guild that owns a keep shouldn't get any Conquest from forts and Outposts. But removing Conquest Points from outposts for everyone is a bad idea. 

Edited by Solstar

Don't remove points from Outposts, but change the way Outposts work. Make them a form of investment and land control. Instead of claiming random outposts around the world, groups would build them to control land on the map and upgrade them to make it tough for opponents to travel through and conquer.

See:

Edited by MurphyAKL

20 hours ago, wargen said:

Why conquest points should be remove from outposts, it ruins the game! You can win drags whit outpost, the best way to get outpost is to avoid fights

and that is no fun !!! 

If conquest points gets remove from outposts it would make all fort windows a pvp fight so we atlist could have fun in fort windows ( like how keeps are right now!). 

what is forts doing that outpost dosent ??? you have to nolife to win dargs (get on when/where no one is playing and you win)

if there cant be found somefing else then conquest points then remove outposts(/make them do nothing) from the game for now

fx you could get a buff for having a lot of outposts.(Suggestion for removel: just set the conquest points to 0 or 1)

It takes a huge investment of time so it should be worth something.

Forts give u hours of free points.  Your keeps give even more.

If a guild is able to come out ahead just by being online a few hours of forts a day and a keep once every three days - then its also ok if someone invests 8 hours of outposts every day.

Outposts are just fine0

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

On 1/16/2022 at 5:51 PM, MurphyAKL said:

Don't remove points from Outposts, but change the way Outposts work. Make them a form of investment and land control. Instead of claiming random outposts around the world, groups would build them to control land on the map and upgrade them to make it tough for opponents to travel through and conquer.

See:

i just wha have meaningful pvp . So if they make chain outposts (to prevent back caping) 

(chain = you start somewhere (mayby keeps or forts) and end somewhere (mayby keeps or forts))

or territory control: fighting only in one zone to get campaign rewards for that zone.

I would like that but i dont no if they can/time for that (it's not fair expect them to have time for this stuff right now). 

That leaves us with a "simple" removal of conquest points for now in my opinion

Edited by wargen

On 1/16/2022 at 8:15 PM, Soulreaver said:

It takes a huge investment of time so it should be worth something.

Forts give u hours of free points.  Your keeps give even more.

If a guild is able to come out ahead just by being online a few hours of forts a day and a keep once every three days - then its also ok if someone invests 8 hours of outposts every day.

Outposts are just fine0

8 hours of running a way form pvp and or having characters at a lot of the outposts so you can login to them to take the outposts. This is what happening right now so fun

forts you cant do this so you fight for it and fighting is what crowfall is all about in my opinion

I feel that faction PvP could solve much of the desire for endless PvP. Outposts seem to work (sort of) in the Dregs mechanics. However, in a Faction setting, I could see a system where outputs are POIs in a lattice/territory system, defining the front line. Factions fight over them, expanding their territory and pushing the enemy factions back.  This would be a battle spanning 24/7. Take X amount of outposts that unlock forts. Take X amount of forts to sack one (or more) faction keeps. Now the outpost serve as PvP POIs allowing factional conquest to move back and forth.  

What if...outposts only generated points for those who don't have a keep 🤪

"Your darkest secrets drawn out from within,

enticed by my flame and branded with sin."

- I do green numbers now...RIP pogfessor 😞📗♻️

Just drastically reduce the number of outposts per zone. One or two at most, make cap time a little longer= pvp

X6RBqg7.gif

The problem is outposts not being interesting or fun. They're the same 3-5 play spaces with 0 payoff for having and a whack a mole gameplay with capturing. If they had a window of opening it would be better but then you'd cut out solo and small group content. 

The real solution is the development of additional content for 1, 1-3, 5 man, and 8-12 man groups. Things like Albion roads/dungeons would be a good start to adding content for a variety of group sizes.