Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.500.0 Live Feedback for 2.2.22

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game on the most recent patch. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Fog of War

While I understand the need for players to find other players in this game, I think the universal ease with which everyone can see everything going on, regardless of where they are actually hinders most people's enjoyment of capturing territory. 

This game has characters built specifically for recon, but the only thing to recon is enemy movement and numbers.

It was recently patched that an outpost notification doesn't give player names, which was a good change. But, the universal availability of that information leaves no mystery or uncertainty. There is little to no delay on the map notification when an outpost is being captured, which allows anyone, even those people on the other side of the Campaign, to be aware and respond, if they so choose. 

We all know whoever has the numbers has the advantage, but with this universal availability in information, any advantage a smaller number of people can get is erased. 

If the large group wants to hold multiple targets, they don't even need to have someone watching each target. The game just hands them that information. 

Thankfully, there is some misdirection gameplay that still exists (i.e. when a target is being attacked by only one person, in an attempt to draw away the large force from another target) but, because there are so few targets (i.e. forts and keeps) available at any given time, there really isn't any guessing about where someone will go next. 

Additionally, anyone that has played this game long enough can instinctively guess how many people are attacking a fort based on how long the flame stays lit on the map. 

I guess my overall point is this. We know when a siege window is open. Why give the larger group even more of an advantage by telling them immediately that a target is being hit? Make anyone that wants intel work for it. 

For forts and keeps, I think the fire notification should be removed, and the flag/banner flip be suppressed until the siege window closes.

As for outposts, if your guild or alliance doesn't own a keep, you only get map notifications from Adventure Zones next to Temples. If your guild or alliance owns only forts, you get a small radius around each fort, plus the Adventure Zones from the Temple bonus. If you own a keep, you only get notifications from the zone where the Keep is located, and lose the advantage of the Temple. You can supplement this by capturing forts, for the fort radius. 

This change would make wildlands provide the least amount of Intel, and keeping many forts would be tricky, because you wouldn't know they were being captured unless you had a scout there. 

Obviously, having only 1 or 2 forts active at a time, still gives the team with the numbers a significant advantage, but, right now, the intel advantage is way too much.

At least in my opinion. 

Edited by Solstar

I'd recommend pulling the hard cap Cap of stat down. You can find this stat in the Details tab, Craft section. The current max cap of Experimentation Difficulty Reduction is 75. Hitting the maximum 120.8% for all parts of a craft is pretty in reach for some endgame groups which will be 4.x Experimentation Difficulty Reduction. You can have a maximum of 4 pieces of jewellery and one Badge with Experimentation Difficulty Reduction.

So it'll be only be loopholes or exploits that reach several times over the max reachable Experimentation Difficulty Reduction in practice.

The other Reduction stat too, which comes from Artisan Cheese + Tipper +/Risk Management has a little high max cap too.

People are gaming the system for campaign rewards. Can you please try to police this?

It happened last dregs as well and is even more rampant this time around. Yoink posted an analysis of the summer divine favor standings and it was obvious that majority of the guilds are alt accounts not really playing but doing bare minimum stuff to get on the leaderboards.

Another gripe - can you change up the Divine Favor from what was on the test server? People who know the system can just look up what the divine favor will be for the entire campaign while those that don't know about TEST or prefer not to use it are at a major disadvantage. Either make it public knowledge about what each season will be for the whole campaign or (the more exciting route) have the divine favor changed from TEST and be a surprise at the start of each season.

1 hour ago, MurphyAKL said:

People are gaming the system for campaign rewards. Can you please try to police this?

It happened last dregs as well and is even more rampant this time around. Yoink posted an analysis of the summer divine favor standings and it was obvious that majority of the guilds are alt accounts not really playing but doing bare minimum stuff to get on the leaderboards.

Right now you can farm 500,000 gold, 7500 dust, and 37,500 conquest coins in about 30 minutes per alt account. I am estimating the 30m as the time needed to get it into dregs and sac and craft 1 items per season. I don't know how long this actually takes but that seems about right. You need to hit top 60% to get rewards but between all the guilds that wont have any DF every one that scores any DF will hit this. In this dregs alone after the first season there are 184 guild on the DF board. 64 of them do not have any Divine Favor. This puts everyone with a single DF point into the top 60%. Hell, it puts all the guilds with 0 points into the top 60% if they count ties.

This is assuming anyone on the DF board counts. I don't know if they do or not.

Edited by Yoink

aeei5jG.png

To emphasize another post by Yoink, AUS (and to a lesser extent EU) servers are being utilized by the one alliance that actually has a decent number of players on during siege windows to not only win every Dregs, but capture 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with impunity.

And to reiterate Frankenwulf's post, being able to drop Alliance at the last moments of dregs is how they are doing it.

The combo is disappointing.

It seems consensus among a few communities I've talked to that for the Gravedigging harvest, Legandary quality body parts cannot drop from 'Crits' on rank 10 Grave nodes.
So the the Critical Harvest Chance stat and Critical Harvest Amount stat doesn't affect or matter for the harvest.

I think it'd be better addressed so that those stats would matter for the endgame or that the fact is publicised for newer gravediggers.

Anytime I play a class with 2 non stealth trays I try to make it so that I only need to use one and any time I try to build something with a disc that grants ranged tray, to take advantage of that, I quickly drop it.

Tray swapping just feels bad. It's slow and clunky. 

Can you make tray swap instant and trigger no gcd while still keeping all abilities on all bars under gcd if you activated tray swap mid animation?

Basically can tray swap be instant without animation cancelling?

aeei5jG.png

I'm mostly against arbitrary limits and restrictions, but in Guild vs Guild campaigns, shouldn't there be a minimum number of participating members to qualify for conquest and divine favor? Is it really a guild if there's only one person in it? 

You really ought to consider that the current alliance, conquest, and divine favor systems are failed implementations and are doing the complete opposite of their intended designs. The changes to these systems you've made over the past eight months were supposed to encourage more engagement and participation, but have had the exact opposite effect.

You can tell yourselves that Crowfall isn't pay to win, but it is now especially with the Conquest Coins. Aside from solidarity, why would my guild want to try and compete for the top 3 positions in GvG when we could amplify our rewards per campaign just by having multiple accounts, each one with its own guild, and we get each of them into top 40 or even top 60, then combine all of the rewards at the end and divide them up?

There are no longer enough players in this game for there to not be friendly fire in combat. The current systems encourage blobbing and zerging to win more than ever. You have a 500 member cap on alliances, but there aren't 500 people even playing the game anymore, much less playing the GvG campaigns.

Many of the current players repeatedly demonstrate that if things aren't going their way, they will blob and zerg to win every single time because there is no reason not to.

The scaling damage of Whirling pain on Barbarian and Alpha: Champion is too much. A freedom fighter and 1 button and a dude can clear kill a whole group. The problem is, with  dominance pips (in the Champion talents) giving this whole ability auto crits, making it over powered. This wasn't a problem until one of the last updates increased the damage of Whirling Pain. We first noticed the problem before Christmas. It was reported privately but hasn't been fixed yet.

unknown.png

unknown.png

IMO Reduce the damage of Whirling Pain by 20% or do not let Whirling Pain crit from Dominance Pips until crits can be rolled "per hit"-rather than the whole ability either critting or not. This is the same issue that makes Confessor tornadoes an RNG bowling ball.

55 minutes ago, Bzra said:

The scaling damage of Whirling pain on Barbarian and Alpha: Champion is too much. A freedom fighter and 1 button and a dude can clear kill a whole group. The problem is, with  dominance pips (in the Champion talents) giving this whole ability auto crits, making it over powered. This wasn't a problem until one of the last updates increased the damage of Whirling Pain. We first noticed the problem before Christmas. It was reported privately but hasn't been fixed yet.

unknown.png

unknown.png

IMO Reduce the damage of Whirling Pain by 20% or do not let Whirling Pain crit from Dominance Pips until crits can be rolled "per hit"-rather than the whole ability either critting or not. This is the same issue that makes Confessor tornadoes an RNG bowling ball.

That whole set up is only the damage of 1 pre-nerf Righteous Parry. Seems fine.

Kidding aside I think 1 pip per swing is fair if they let you cancel the spell early

Edited by Yoink

aeei5jG.png

59 minutes ago, Bzra said:

unknown.png

unknown.png

You could also walk away from the slowly spinning guy. This isn't even close to tornado stuff.

There needs to be strong spells in the game folks.

Edit: I could be convinced of a 20% nerf though tbh. Just don't love a small AOE that has counterplayed to be treated the same as tornadoes with 40+m range that multihit and deal more damage quicker.

Edited by galvia

Engineering Workshop

I would love to see this placed in the FORTS instead of the keeps.  It doesn't make sense that in order to be able to siege a keep you need to hold a keep. 

Make it so smaller groups can actually power up for surprise attacks.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

On 2/3/2022 at 7:02 PM, Yoink said:

Right now you can farm 500,000 gold, 7500 dust, and 37,500 conquest coins in about 30 minutes per alt account. I am estimating the 30m as the time needed to get it into dregs and sac and craft 1 items per season. I don't know how long this actually takes but that seems about right. You need to hit top 60% to get rewards but between all the guilds that wont have any DF every one that scores any DF will hit this. In this dregs alone after the first season there are 184 guild on the DF board. 64 of them do not have any Divine Favor. This puts everyone with a single DF point into the top 60%. Hell, it puts all the guilds with 0 points into the top 60% if they count ties.

This is assuming anyone on the DF board counts. I don't know if they do or not.

I don't think the guilds with 0 points count towards either Conquest nor DF, you need a minimum of 1 pts count for that total amount. If anything those 1 pts DF guilds are allowing you to be in the top 60%.