Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NicholasLionRider

Destructive Too Easy?

Is it just me or in the gameplay footage we have seen, seeming too easy to destroy castles? For example, I made the digging is OP thread a little while back and the number one response to a solution to that problem is a foundation of stone or rock opposed to dirt. Which I thought made sense, it would be difficult to dig through. However, if you look at the gifs and footage we now have, people are literally able to just run into walls and break them down. Now if they can do that, won't digging be just as easy? Or look at the sieges, I shouldn't be able to break down a huge stone wall with 2-3 hits from any sort of blast. If this is the case, walls really won't be very useful. I get it, I sound stupid in saying that, but think about it. What do those walls protect you from if the game will run just like the footage we have seen, the walls that will take a tremendous amount of resources and time to build will prevent the enemy from arriving 3 seconds early. I think destruction although cool, needs to be balanced and made appropriately easy. I shouldn't just be a knight and be able to cut through 4 feet of concrete like it's butter. The thing that really was weird is how the siege catapults seemed to have actually less impact on the fortress than the standard champion attacks running into walls. The footage of the castle falling with the explosion was what I want to see, appropriate destruction for appropriate artillery. A catapult hit (if direct) should bring down a tower, but a human punching a brick shouldn't blast a hole into a building in 2 seconds.

I would imagine there will be some sort of building protection in place... for player cities, like in SB.

Every player in the game gives me a quest:
Quest: Kill me.

Reward: All my stuff.

I thought this was strange too. Although if you noticed in the video/gif where the Knight ran through the wall, two or three abilities were very well timed. A frostweaver blasted the wall with ice, then the forgemaster threw his hammer at it, and THEN the Knight ran through it.

Edited by Fiblit

Life is not a Destination  -- Enjoy the Journey

Stand back, then, my friend. Stand back, watch and learn.

wxDQ4r3.png

I thought this was strange too. Although if you noticed in the video/gif where the Knight ran through the wall, two or three abilities were very well timed. A frostweaver blasted the wall with ice, then the forgemaster threw his hammer at it, and THEN the Knight ran through it.

But again, I don't care about how well timed stuff is (strategy should be a thing) but you would think there would require more than 3 people and a 2 second chain to bring down a huge wall.

But again, I don't care about how well timed stuff is (strategy should be a thing) but you would think there would require more than 3 people and a 2 second chain to bring down a huge wall.

Realize that that was not final footage, so they are VERY likely to tweak the numbers for a lot of stuff.

So I wouldn't get too worked up about it right now. 

Life is not a Destination  -- Enjoy the Journey

Stand back, then, my friend. Stand back, watch and learn.

wxDQ4r3.png

It was just a concept showing Voxel Farm. Since they're marketing, it's easier to hold someones attention and 'ohhh-ahhh' them in 5-10seconds than making them watch 10minutes of players hitting a wall.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Personally when I look at this I think that dwarf is gonna be smashing walls down... lets say it was a combo of the frost attack and the hammer, I would't really consider that to be very hard to bring a wall down. I'f a forgemaster is able to open a wall up on a single click, I might consider them to be very strong.

The enemies have been around for a few hours setting their keep up, fortifying it then some sneaky forgemaster comes along and destroys the wall lol.  :D

YannMLq.png

Lets make a petition.

Make destruction harder.

It is too easy as it is now.

Signed

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

They're just showcasing the VoxelFarm technology as far as I'm concerned.

It's not like you can destroy an entire castle as an individual within a matter of minutes when the game goes live.

Edited by timetraveler

They're just showcasing the VoxelFarm technology as far as I'm concerned.

It's not like you can destroy an entire castle as an individual within a matter of minutes.

I personally assumed this also and i feel most people feel this way but there is no harm is seeing what the dev's say. Just to confirm it was a test showing of the voxel.  ;)

YannMLq.png

I'd hold off on the complaining. I highly doubt its gonna be that simple in live game.

Every player in the game gives me a quest:
Quest: Kill me.

Reward: All my stuff.

Maybe your hammer breaks instantly or much sooner if you throw it at a wall... just sayin'

Crafters to the rescue :)

Edited by lethality

zjsbjmn.png

Wasn't there also a short shot in the kickstarter video showing the digging? It was just clicking on the ground and then an area of the ground just dissapeared if i remember correctly, have to re-check it though.. And of course, keep in mind it's in pre-alpha now, so it's bound to change

Im sure this was just placeholder to show off the Voxel destruction. There would be absolutely no reason to have castle walls etc. if it were that easy.