Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.600.0 Public Test Server Feedback for 2/18/2022

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game on the most recent patch. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

So, the chest log is a really good addition. The fact you have a button to copy the content is good.

But the format of the copied text does not lend itself to making tools to handle it.

Typhons withdrew - [Copper Ore] x 20 [16:16:18]

Lack some info and has a format which may cause errors parsing it.

Something like

2022-02-20 16:16:18\tTyphons\twithdrew\tRare\tCopper Ore\t20

Would paste perfectly in a spreadsheet or some other tool. And if the event has a unique ID in the backend it would even be a good thing to have it there so tools importing those logs would be able to exclude events already parsed.

#EventID\t2022-02-20 16:16:18\tTyphons\twithdrew\tRare\tCopper Ore\t20

"Campaign

To ensure that Strongholds feel more like a “home base” to the faction or guild/alliance that controls them, this update brings a few changes to player protections while inside them.  Outside of the duration of a siege window, whenever a player is inside the walls of a friendly keep or fort they are given a buff “Stronghold Protection” that prevents them from taking damage. The periodic DoT effect that the Keeps used to place on enemies out of siege hours has been removed."

This is a more disheartening patch I'd seen for while and a bit of a black mark in my book for the game. I could understand that earlier in launch, a habit of farming kills against most new guilds trying to bank could be an issue to onboard new players. This solution though is a much less considerate approach than I think many might hope. If it was development time at stake, I think the issue could of waited.
There might be a trend of removing unique content unique to the game and it limits Crowfall's great terrain interactivity. If a problem was enemy players leading guards away from a target, fixing the guard's pathing and Evading would of been better. The patch also eliminated some siege options too - before siege timers would start, I've watched the offense do work inside keeps against the enemy through stealth squads.

Some information in the NPE or one of the tutorials about how to counter attacks in Keeps could of helped too (log out if you need to Afk in dregs, keep alert inside keeps, be ready to hit Ultimate, movement to and behind guards). A problem of the keep DoT was that it was very easy to heal through it with one healer. Guards will also be much stronger now they're universally level 35 again.

From the TEST worlds Temple, the free item chests in the crafting area: removing the Poor quality Philosopher's solutions for Strength, Dexterity, Intellect, Spirit and Constitution would be good.
Much more useful for testing would be to include would be Uncommon green through Epic purple quality of necromancy Additives, instead of just Legendary quality additives.

Cleric

• The damage over time has been increased for the Damnation effect applied by Cleric Spiritual Presence and the Exhaustion effect has been removed

I hadn't heard complaints that the heal Arbiter's Stamina drain was that oppressive in group fights. Unfortunately, this only favours one kind of build for the arbiter, an offensive one in small scale or solo. The heal arbiter doesn't apply high DPS DoTs, being a healer, but just loses utility - for example it will always do lesser Damnation effects than a Templar Vindicator, but still overwrite the Templar's Damnation DoT.

Templar

• Righteous Smash from Templar’s Reproach combo now grants 5% PHM (previously 25%)

In made sense to change it since other Personal Healing Modifiers to a group were being changed, but for the animation time it takes to do the Reproach combo and not be interrupted (about 4 to 5 seconds), it's quite harsh to make it that couldn't see anyone going down that chain of the combo now. Often it could be a quite useful job a Paladin could do to keep the effect going, when Paladin was viable in groups.