Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.700.0 Public Test Server Feedback for 3/29/2022

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game on the most recent patch. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Confessor's meteor purge feels awful, specifically on Sanctifier. A longer animation that immobilizes you makes sense for a long range AoE blackmantle, but for a melee caster that isnt worth the risk.  Chance of being interrupted is very high, and you become a sitting duck while casting.   Since this talent is aimed more towards the Sanctifier, I strongly recommend either speeding up the animation, and allowing movement while casting. If blackmantle application is a limiting factor to balance, id rather have  it apply burning.  

1 hour ago, Zendarith said:

Confessor's meteor purge feels awful, specifically on Sanctifier. A longer animation that immobilizes you makes sense for a long range AoE blackmantle, but for a melee caster that isnt worth the risk.  Chance of being interrupted is very high, and you become a sitting duck while casting.   Since this talent is aimed more towards the Sanctifier, I strongly recommend either speeding up the animation, and allowing movement while casting. If blackmantle application is a limiting factor to balance, id rather have  it apply burning.  

Also allow it to get the bonus from barrier bonus. Kind of dumb it stays at 500.

Barbs : No nerf, in fact the opposite.

The "Dragoon" discipline is completely over the top and OP. Range :
- Lament of Sadness - 5m.
- Reality Warper - 8m
- Hell Raiser - 5m
- Troubadour ... 5m.
- Dragoon has 15m!  It's better than perception in revealing stealthers and this is suppose to be on a Barb!

You then also add : - PDM shredding. - 50 AP + 2% Crit - AoE Damage - Slow. Don't you see what the problem is here?!!!!

This discipline is completely out there and broken. Instead of focusing on NEW DISCIPLINES, look at what is happening and going on in the game and fix these things first. Work on the balancing of things - not making them even more UN-balanced.

This patch will achive 1 thing : EVEN MORE CHAMPS! And a lot of ppl that stop playing cause it's so absurd.

- Dragoon Disc needs to get the axe.
- You need to change the Barb/Alpha Warriors huge damage - while not being punished. They have CC, Mobility, Damage, Sustain. You have tossed -everything- into their basket.
- Holy Damage vs the old Mitigation changes.

The balance passes and content being worked out is in NO way reflecting what is going on in the game. 

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

The new Dragoon Discipline is pretty interesting. I like what you are going for, however I think putting this discipline in Battle is a big mistake.

It's very obvious that putting it under battle, with the current state of Champions kit already having everything going for it, is a bit mistake. So unless there is a massive overhaul coming to nerf champions, this disc can't go under that domain, without champion losing access to that domain.

A lot of people are going to call for the Discipline itself to be nerfed right off the bat. And while there are some aspect's that may warrant some adjustment's, I would prefer to first see this restricted in who has access to it. My initial thoughts are to restrict it down to Templars and Knights, as these are 2 class's that don't tend to have a lot going for them in the discipline department, in particular with Knight's. Another possibility, is to restrict this discipline to the Protection domain. These 2 possibilities may make it a bit more reasonable.

STILL AN ISSUE 7.7 changes nothing unfortunately :

Blackguard Promotion : Ressourceful Tactics.

5% Life Leech - for 10 seconds then 16 seconds cooldown.

This is an -extremely- underwhelming promotional power.  Not only that but it -also- requires you to take Blinkstep making it a 2 Talent Point Cost.  For what?

In order to heal 100 health the assassin has to deal 2000 damage.  Over the course of a fight a Blackguard will if damage specced run around 500-700 DPS on a -target dummy- meaning perfect scenario with multiple targets.  Put that into gameplay terms though and PvP that will be closer to 250-500 DPS.    

Keynode : Efficient Poisons.

Removes 5% enemy Psn Armor when you apply a Toxin to the target.

Again a node that absolutely REQUIRE another talent : SHIV.  The talent tree is thus -forcing- you to take another node to gain an effect, it’s not impactful on its own.  For one of the major nodes of a tree this is a bad mechanic.

Vandal Promotion : Irresistable

The damage it does is just ridiculous, the lowest DoT around, and it DOESN'T synergise with the Vandals Damage as it's not a Poison, it's a Nature DoT

Filler node : Poison Mastery

Blocking Targets that loose Stamina is under the same limitations as Irresistible – it doesn’t have any serious effect in gameplay.

Cutthroat Promotion : BloodThirsty

When you get 5 attacks from behind then this kicks into effect.  -Assuming- you have Expose on your target you have 1 ability that acts as “from behind”, and that is Backstab.  Backstab has a cooldown of : 7 seconds.  Assuming you get your initiation from Blinkstep or Sneak Attack that is 1, then Backstab that is 2… but then before you can get stack 4 stack 1 falls off due to cooldowns.  In effect if you play super clean this is at best at 9% Damage Bonus. 

Cutthroat Promotion : Decimate

As an execute ability that is suppose to wreck things, it’s interesting how compared to the Archmage abilities : death Shard and Crystal Lance.  The Assassin has to build 5 PiPs before it starts to scale.  Time spend… Decimate damage is strong but it’s on a limitation of having to build 4-5 PiPs to make it effective.

General Pips :

Disappear when you go through Portals – has been stated for the past 3 years in the bug forum.

General : Toxins

When the assassin was “revamped” a while back a lot of their abilities damage and how it acted was transferred into the application of various toxins : Slowing/Black Mantle, Instant and Deadly.  The -amount- of applications more than quadrupled, meaning the Toxins the assassin use also took a durability hit that is 4 times larger than before, problem is that the toxins durability was never changed.

General Psn Damage :

PSN damage - Vandal LMB for example - is unable to damage WARDS and WALLS (forts)

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Ridiculous patch made by people who clearly don't play their own game. Please listen to the community, at least with issues like this where there's near 100% consensus. We know the game far better obviously.

I've given feedback in discord threads, along with almost everyone else who is still playing this game, stop thinking you know best, you do not.

5 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

Instead of focusing on NEW DISCIPLINES, look at what is happening and going on in the game and fix these things first. Work on the balancing of things - not making them even more UN-balanced.

Gotta agree here. Yall already have your hands full and should be fixing the current problems not adding more.

Let's take Troubadour and Entertainer mix in some tweaks.. shake it up for an All-In-One "Battle" ready melee comp.  Let's forget about our "Music"-al companions.. they are obsolete anyway!  Trying to go non-Meta in a Meta world is getting harder and harder these days.  Please rethink this new "Dragoon" major discipline.

This is an early April Fool's joke, yes?

Edited by AllKnightLong

The all-in-one harvesting 'Ultra Mega Harvester' Exploration discipline doesn't seem to indicate there'll be the intention of accelerated harvesting output for the 2 week no import, no export Dregs campaign. This is because it has the same stats as a regular Legendary harvest Discipline, instead of better stats.

3 minutes ago, Thon said:

The all-in-one harvesting 'Ultra Mega Harvester' Exploration discipline doesn't seem to indicate there'll be the intention of accelerated harvesting output for the 2 week no import, no export Dregs campaign. This is because it has the same stats as a regular Legendary harvest Discipline, instead of better stats.

I imagine that those those modifiers would be on the campaign itself.

The Champion only "Reaver" major is very underwhelming.   "Invincible Warrior" offers 15s of HoT which will heal 27% ( flat 3% 9 times). The main issue being it requires you give up neckbreaker, and trading off for some slow healing. 15s is far too long of a time when the trade off is losing damage, CC, or Burst Heal from the other promotions.  

Suggest either scaling HoT heal with % HP missing, or increasing base heal %. The addition of something to slightly increase damage ( or target accessibility)  would help offset the loss of neck breaker and make is a more competitive choice. 

5 minutes ago, Zendarith said:

The Champion only "Reaver" major is very underwhelming.   "Invincible Warrior" offers 15s of HoT which will heal 27% ( flat 3% 9 times). The main issue being it requires you give up neckbreaker, and trading off for some slow healing. 15s is far too long of a time when the trade off is losing damage, CC, or Burst Heal from the other promotions.  

Suggest either scaling HoT heal with % HP missing, or increasing base heal %. The addition of something to slightly increase damage ( or target accessibility)  would help offset the loss of neck breaker and make is a more competitive choice. 

Let's think about nerfing Champion across the board ( most notably barbarian) before we start looking at buffing "Underwhelming Champion only" Disc's. Hell I think it speaks volumes that there are so many "Champion only" discs in the first place.

• DEV-Tiggs changed the title to 7.700.0 Public Test Server Feedback for 3/29/2022

A couple of months ago I emailed support directly to tell them what would happen when Champs (specifically, Barbs) realized what they could do with Dominance pips, and how easily they could build them using certain minor disciplines. In that email, I told you I didn't post it on the forums because it would fundamentally disrupt the tenuous balance that existed in organized PvP at the time. The ability to put out that kind of DPS on one of the most mobile and sturdy platforms in the game is seriously problematic. 

Well, that ship sailed.

And now a discipline is being introduced which further potentiates that. It's rather hard, for those of us who theorycraft, to ignore that the -PDM% values represented on that disc are more closely aligned with PDM% values two patch cycles ago, prior to the widescale reductions to numerous PDM and PHM abilities. At the same time, several other mitigation debuffs (e.g., Spiked Shield) had their values reduced as well. I don't believe the Dragoon discipline should exist, but if it remains the value of the debuff should at least be brought into line with similar debuffs. Additionally, serious consideration should be given to how the -PDM% effect stacks with other debuffs.

I'm not prone to catastrophizing, but I have to say that actions like this have served to further erode my already shaken confidence in the direction of the game. I suspect I'm not alone in that.

In addition to the concerns with Dragoon's power level and domain location people have mentioned already, which I share, I have to question the change to Pulverize in the Myrmidon tree.

I feel like I'm echoing myself from back when Titan last got a huge rework, but Myrmidon seems to suffer to a more pointed degree, along with many other classes, with what seems to be both a lack of knowledge from attempted balancers as well as an unwillingness to listen to the experience and comments of the class' players. This new Pulverize change, while interesting if a bit lackluster for the Titan promotion it seems to be aimed at, inadvertently and inordinately buffs the Battlerager promotion to a degree I have to assume was unintended just because of its size. Without proper synergy talents taken, Battlerager now has had all of its weaknesses erased. WITH proper synergy from the Justice domain and access to Pulverize, it's essentially invincible while berserking and unable to be damaged at all for 70% of the time it's in a fight, in direct parallel to the last big change to Titan which saw it also become uncrashable. My guess after dueling other experienced players for several hours on it is that it's probably almost impossible to kill on any kind of even gear footing and poised to be a very oppressive force in the game.

Myrmidon needs some love for sure, but when its experienced pilots both think this but also mention their misgivings immediately when buffs are offered several times I think it should be clear to whoever's working on balance that maybe they should hear out the community to avoid being so heavy-handed with the changes. As is on Test server right now, access to both Reactionary and Pulverize is far too powerful for Battlerager to remain a stable and fun class, for its users or those who have to fight it, while Conqueror and Titan remain largely untouched and still in a disappointingly weak, borderline unusable state for competitive players. Please stop throwing the baby out with the bathwater!

Edited by TommyTwoSocks

I am very much down for the Ultimate change that went through, basically across the board. However, there is at least one class the got the shaft a bit. With the the reduction to 3.5 Second duration, Druid's Ulti's are kinda bad now. You still get rooted in place for the full 5 seconds, but loose your protection after 3.5, leaving you in a position to get instagibbed that you can't get out of.

It also brings back to the table a problem with 2 particular melee classes that still have dated 3 part combo's in thier Kit. Both the Knight and Templar have a 3 part Combo (Reproach for the Templar, and Onslaught for the Knight) That desperately need to be reduced down to 2 part combo's to make them more in line with everything else, and make those combo's a bit more usable. As it stands, melee 3 part combo's are almost impossible to land without being under some form of CC immunity.

If you just want a quick easy fix..

I would revert the Ult changes

Increase barb Ult to 500 SP

Give neck breaker a 10s CD

And give rangers 500 SP Ult back for some good will

Edited by Yoink

aeei5jG.png

unknown.png

This ability on a Battlerager basically allows them to never crash.

That retaliate adds resolve. Being CCed adds resolve.
If a Battlerager gets any resolve when being CCed and uses this retaliate they get 3s of CC immunity, even if they are not CCed when using it.

This is enough Immunity to Retaliate/Pulverize every crash on cooldown.

This effectively makes Battleragers heal 100% of damage taken for 10 seconds out of every 15 with no chance of crashing. This doesn't even take into account their ult.

I think a simple fix might be to not grant CC immunity when using retaliate if you are not afflicted by a CC.

aeei5jG.png

It is great that you adjusted the Fort Schedule so that the forts don't become vulnerable more than once a day.

But can we also test players preference for a Fort schedule that doesn't have the 30 minute break?  Can you set up the fort schedule so Forts become vulnerable for 30 with a 15 minute break in between?

I realize this will cause forts to be messy since they won't always start on the hour but I think it would have advantages for the player experience.  If you are the type of player who can't sign on right when the fort schedule starts, then you are only 15 minutes from getting into content.  And if you are the type of player who plays the whole fort window then you just get to fight over more forts, and won't have to wait out the 30 minute break.

And at 45 Minutes ...every 4 forts would align the schedule to be back on the "hour" so it wouldn't be too terribly difficult for Guilds/players to remember the schedule.