Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A new Dregs experience coming soon!

Hey Crows! 

Lead Designer Thomas Blixtev Blair posted a blog update about the new changes coming to Dregs in Publish 7.700.0.  We’ve put together some rules, FAQs and provided you with a first look at the new siege schedule.  We’re looking forward to you playing the new Campaign in a couple of weeks, and your feedback.   Click here to read the details. 

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

• DEV-Tiggs changed the title to A new Dregs experience coming soon!
2 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

With necro not being a possible craft does that means i will be forced to buy the incredibly overpriced and trashy npc vendor vessels? Cuz I really dont dig throwing away my hard earned gold like that...

There wont be anything else to spend that gold on since this is a no export campaign

aeei5jG.png

56 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

With necro not being a possible craft does that means i will be forced to buy the incredibly overpriced and trashy npc vendor vessels? Cuz I really dont dig throwing away my hard earned gold like that...

The cost of vessels is reduced to reflect the duration of the Campaign, and you need to own a r5/r10 Fort to buy the Epic/Legendary vessels. More important than attributes is the levels past 30 they unlock, which are required to equip the silver/aurelium weapon/armor/jewelry tiers.

Vessels/Mounts/Vendor Crafting Components are the primary gold sinks in this mode, since the Domination Dust doesn't exist in this mode.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

- No fort will have more than 1 siege a day.

I think this is a bad idea. We had to siege log every 2 days to secure our keep. Now we have to login multiple times in 1 day to secure our fort (which is now equal to keep)? Who has that much time to secure their base of operations multiple times a day.

Other then that, things are looking good.

1 minute ago, thomasblair said:

The cost of vessels is reduced to reflect the duration of the Campaign, and you need to own a r5/r10 Fort to buy the Epic/Legendary vessels. More important than attributes is the levels past 30 they unlock, which are required to equip the silver/aurelium weapon/armor/jewelry tiers.

Vessels/Mounts/Vendor Crafting Components are the primary gold sinks in this mode, since the Domination Dust doesn't exist in this mode.

So, this sounds like players will still have to seek out player necromancers for high quality Legendary vessels after the campaign, to replace the store-bought Lego from the campaign?

Tiggs mentioned in Discord that she would try to find an answer for this, but will Alliances with multiple guilds still be at a cap speed handicap if they don't have at least 5 members of the same guild standing in the circle?

And a related question, since the answer to my previous question is still probably "yes", will you change it so multiple alliance members from different guilds can stand in the circle?

Perhaps make it so the Alliance can decide in the final seconds which guild takes it, instead of making every one else get off the circle (drastically slowing down the capture time) the moment the bar starts growing.

Without alchemy, is the intention that assassins only get basic poisons?  Seems like an unintended nerf.  Or will poison making be added to the general crafting recipes?   

Also for 7.8 there is mention of zone caps being 5/10/50.  Is the knob for 7.8 group size going to 5? If so, why?  This was something attempted previously but reverted based on community feedback.

Edited by FatherJim

fatherjimforumsig.gif

Why is leveling from 1-30 a thing?

It is not an enjoyable part of the game.

I don't see what it adds to this campaign as we will just be competing with enemies for camps in safe zones. So its not really adding anything there with no pvp.

Im not upset about it. Its easy to do and I'll do it. I just don't understand why.

This isn't the place for brand new day one players to learn the game. Im assuming there is no NPE. And even in the normal game new players can skip right to a lvl 25 prebuilt character.

Without actually experiencing this yet the only reason that makes sense to me if that if you could auto level to 30 it would allow non VIP members to get a full roster of 30.

aeei5jG.png

Okay so i just read the FAQ and I gotta agree with Yoink. There is no point to the lvling if you want us to do it at the Temples. Absolutely no point.

So we join and spend the next 2 hours lvling in PvE mode? With PvP turned off? Do you people understand why we are here? It aint for the PvE. All I see is a useless barrier before I can start playing the game de facto.

Lvling is for noobs. Words out of Todd's mouth: "Lvling will help ease new players in their classes without it getting too overwhelming." That is why it was added in. So why the heck do we need to do it too?

A "Fresh Start" with everyone at lvl 30 would do it. Cuz that is where the game starts.

Leveling is just not fun in a PvP focused experience, it's an arbitrary time waste to pad out content. Just remove it and go back to the original vision of no leveling, the game will be better for it as you can then turn what aspects of PvE are there into more challenging and interesting "events" instead of having to provide low quality engagement for the sake of farming and leveling.

xqqtx8P.png

18 hours ago, Jah said:

I don't see the point of making people PvE in a safezone as part of a Dregs campaign.

ya with the keep/fort protection buffs and now temple zone safe farming, their hand is starting show, hello Nw.

Edited by spunk

Clearly this Dregs is just a live test. It's a way for them to test the new 1-30 progression speed, so they can have data to compare with SkyPoint, and so they can isolate the changes to forts and see what they are keeping/changing for later.

On 4/1/2022 at 4:42 PM, Jah said:

I don't see the point of making people PvE in a safezone as part of a Dregs campaign.

PVE safety is for Gods reach, not a highly competitive campaign mode.

Making everyone have to basically do the NPE leveling experience with NO PVP after level 15 is painfully not fun.

Either make it level 30 auto entry, or PVP always.

"Your darkest secrets drawn out from within,

enticed by my flame and branded with sin."

- I do green numbers now...RIP pogfessor 😞📗♻️