Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CommanderNut107

What You Are Most Excited/concern About

Excited about: The possibilities for Campaign World variety. I really like the ideas going on here and think the Campaign Worlds could be very exciting if the variety is such that Worlds offer truly dynamic gameplay in regard to resource control, territorial advantage, and coordination of players based upon the Hunger and its effects on the map. 

Concerned about: Eternal Kingdoms. Right now, they sort of just sound meaningless aside from being a really in-depth, glorified player housing system. I am not seeing "the point" mechanically, but I am giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming that forthcoming info will alleviate said concerns.

Running around with 3 or 4 friends on voice comms and ganking smaller groups. Possibly while playing as a guinea pig. Possibly while talking over proxy chat 

Excited: People that created my 2 favorite online games (UO and SB) got together to make a new game, with new awesome ideas in a destructible world. I am beyond excited, I am hyped.

Concerned: All those great ideas can be easily offset by lower than average technical implementation. So I hope that risk analysis and quality assurance reign supreme prior to release.

Edited by rajah

What I am excited about: The endless possibilities this game has potentially to offer with the different campaign rule sets. That they "reproduce" the exploration experience you have when you start a new MMO by generating the worlds procedurally over and over again. The mixture of RPG and RTS. The potential for politics, power struggles, intrigue and backstabbing. The possible best "housing system" (it's in quotes because what the EKs are exactly is still very unclear) an MMO can offer. A deep crafting system that is strongly tied together to the PvP elements of the game.

What I am concerned about: How everything is connected and if that actually works because right now I feel that I am pledging more for a diffuse cloud of vague ideas than an actual thought out game concept.

"Kansas City Shuffle - When everybody looks right, you go left."

Excited: the idea of being dropped in an unknown unexplored, wild world each time a campaign starts and being able to eke out a role in that campaign world and live through its personal history of battles won and lost, castles built and destroyed.

Concerned: if the combat will contain enough depth to allow for enough replayability and tactical interest. No simple skill orders and optimum strategies.

There are two things I am concerned about currently, which is the possibility of a third party publisher/hoster for EU. We all know how they have done in the past.

I am also a little concerned about the implementation of the Eternal Kingdom. We have so little information about this, and I dont really know how its gonna work yet.

Same concern as you. Though they said that no one will be able to get ahead in certain campaigns (i.e. where you can't bring items), I'm afraid about how powerful people who play it all the time compare to casual players of the game. Or campaigns like the free-for-all will become over run by guild that all decided to join together in the free-for-all campaign.

Yeah that's why balancing is very important. There's a reason why TF2 is soo popular and still going strong.

34fb852d6507527fa9bad36523071b83_zpspkjt

Official Crowfall Gameplay :D

I'm most excited about shaping the land and crafting. Like one of the weirdest 'fun' times I've had recently was in AAge, buying tree saplings and planting tons of cherries along the road. Sure people went and chopped them down, but it was fun to transform the land to something somewhat pretty :) . (Although it was just planting trees) Making new paths, land masses and such sounds fun; how much will be doable we'll have to wait and see!

Edit: cause i can't spellz

Edited by shival

Most Excited:

-Getting that excited sensation of discovery that you have whenever you explore a new game world with every new campaign world.

-Fully destructible worlds and combat/abilities that also complement this.

-Marriage of a competitive gaming and PvE/RP playstyle

-Focus on and encouraging guild and group play

-Focus on offering a rewarding/punishing experience with promise of real risks and real skill (miss games that made me feel like death was something to avoid)

Most Concerned (in order):

-Lack of DEEP character creation

(I NEED to be able to immerse myself in a game world to really appreciate it, and creating a character that reflects me visually is a significant part of that. It doesn't need to be crazy in depth, but enough that I can feel that my character is unique enough, which means more than just hair style and choosing from a wheel of stock faces)

-Invisibility (not stealth) as a mechanic

(in almost every game I've played, invisibility is one of the most gamebreaking and most difficult to balance in PvP, if not impossible. Please note, I'm not talking about stealth, in which there is at least some skill or counterplay involved, I mean true invisibility in which a player can march right up to me, stab me in the face and I still would not be able to see them. I really like the way that Black Desert treats stealth, in which it is based largely on terrain and the environment and requires players to use crouches, crawls, and cover to sneak up on targets and avoid detection. With the voxel gameplay, this would allow for some great opportunities to use the environment as the primary vehicle to implement stealth mechanics. Also, the way that BD did it, every class had access to a style of stealth, but certain classes received buffs and perks when in proper stances or in terrain that provided cover and concealment. With the game focused on PvP, hoping that they can try to implement skill based stealth as opposed to invisibility. Otherwise, I'd rather do without it.)

-Lack/Imbalance of lore in the Campaign Worlds and the Eternal Kingdoms

(As a lorehound, a primary reason I play RPGs is to discover the vistas of ancient civilizations and unearth the lore and history of an in-game location or NPC. I loved to explore an NPC's rumors of hidden secrets or locating ancient ruins or out of the way locales to uncovering it's history. So far, haven't heard about anything regarding quests, NPC's or about the stories of the Campaign Worlds (only the overall universes lore). With world's being destroyed and started every few months, worried that they may not even bother with most of the vehicles that facilitate lore, such as questlines, NPC interactions, dungeons and raids, etc. Otherwise, they'll have to come up with new lore and dialogue every few months for each new campaign. They'd also have to have a veritable cache or different questing mechanics to avoid worlds and quests from feeling too redundant. Without these in place, it'll be very hard to immerse in the campaign worlds or in the eternal kingdoms. It'll be very interesting to see how they plan to handle this, as the game would feel very shallow and starved (heh) without NPC interactions or lore in the eternal kingdoms and the campaign worlds)

-Combat being unbalanced or one dimensional

(Nuff said)

-What progression is going to be like with permanent characters and how it will impact PvP and PvE (particularly new players and underleveled mobs)

(Sorry for the wall of text, tend to be verbose, and new to the forums)

Edited by RKNM

Concerned what they say and what they do will be two different things as what works in their heads or on paper does not always work in a game with hundreds of players trying to break it...also combat needs to be good...no great.... no wait awesome or could be the death of the game.

I am excited for alpha/beta and working with the developers on whipping the game into shape.

I am not really concerned about anything at this time. I just hope the developers are going to stick to their guns and make the game they envisioned making to begin with. Tired of seeing KS/Founder games flip-flop completely from the initial vision you invested in, to WoW re-hash #48.

Vidrak - Member of

mael4.jpg