Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.700.0 Live Feedback for 4.6.22

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game on the most recent patch. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Please expand Divine Favor rewards categories to include smaller rewards for 80%, and lessen the restriction of 10 paid accounts to a smaller number. 

This recent change excluded a large number of Guilds that did not get ANY Divine Favor rewards, even though they met the minimum # of accounts threshold. 

Personally, I had a few guildmates that really put some time and energy into completing the cards, myself included, but we got zero rewards for the activity and play time, even though we have about 30 paid accounts in the guild. 

Edited by Solstar

4 hours ago, Solstar said:

Please expand Divine Favor rewards categories to include smaller rewards for 60% and 80%, and lessen the restriction of 10 paid accounts to a smaller number. 

This recent change excluded a large number of Guilds that did not get ANY Divine Favor rewards, even though they met the minimum # of accounts threshold. 

Personally, I had a few guildmates that really put some time and energy into completing the cards, myself included, but we got zero rewards for the activity and play time, even though we have about 30 paid accounts in the guild. 

I dont understand. You had enough accounts, so isnt it simply a bug?

Isnt the cutoff also completely trivial to reach?

5 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

I dont understand. You had enough accounts, so isnt it simply a bug?

Isnt the cutoff also completely trivial to reach?

The new change that removed guilds due to not meeting the 10 account threshold dropped the eligible guilds from a much larger number (let's say 50) to a vastly smaller number (let's say 10). That means the 40% eligible went from 20 to 4 (using my example numbers).  

My guild has NEVER not qualified for at least some DF rewards when working towards them, and I am putting forth that my small guild is not the demographic they are trying to exclude. Yet their formula does exactly that. 

Edit to include Divine Favor reward data:

Gatinyja: 20th place with 27 points - 20% Power (60 Guilds with at least 1 point, 20% with 3 points or less)

Frendia: 30th with 16 points - 60% Glory, 60% Power (69 Guilds with at least 1 Point, 28% with 3 points or less)

Kalentia: 35th with 8 points - 40% in Power (79 Guilds with at least 1 Point, 38% with 3 points or less)

Daryan: 32nd with 18 points - 40% Wealth, 60% Glory (119 Guilds with at least 1 Point, 34% with 3 points or less)

Brueno: 38th with 20 Points - 20% Power, 40% Wealth, 60% Glory (146 Guilds with at least 1 Point, 48% of them had no more than 3 points)

Daphne: 28th with 7 points - No Rewards (38 Guilds with at least 1 point, 27% with 3 or fewer points))

We can see the obvious growth in the number of small guilds skewing the number of rewards my guild got into the higher range as people learned that they needed minimal effort to get DF rewards.  Clearly, that was a problem.

However, compare the overall placement.  Average placement is 31st place.  Daphne was the second highest placement for my guild, yet, we got absolutely nothing to show for it.

Edited by Solstar

I see the druid orb bugs have mostly been fixed.  Very nice!

BUGS
Still some bugs with (few) the orbs becoming non responsive when lots of mobs are hitting you.  Not a big issue (like before).  But the problem is still there.

IMPROVEMENTS
Ultimates.  The ultimates need to be reworked.   It really isn't PvP viable when you are "locked into a fetal position unable to move" while enemies can easily out damage the healing provided by the ultimate.  This applies to both ultimates.

The hotbar seems better (was there a change here?)  but it still makes no sense that your hotbar is locked when you are stunned or taking a lot of hits.  You aren't using abilities you are simply switching bars.  If you happen to be in essence burn then you can take a lot of damage needlessly.

• 2 weeks later...

I am loving the power level that Dragoon is at.  However it has no counter whatsoever.  Its time to explore reverting or buffing Protection Stake back up.  If you revert, then that means Dragoon can either negate it or drop its effectiveness to 5% if the user takes fortified minor.  Which is the same PDM gain in it's current form.  

Dragoon is extremely accessible and needs a counter.  Protection Stake fits that slot and is technically not as accessible as Dragoon is.  But that is okay.  Defensive abilities need to come at a higher cost than offensive abilities.  Otherwise fights become a snooze fest that last way too long.  

fatherjimforumsig.gif

What I don't get is ...

There is a HUGE grind to get belts and disciplines.
- So we are able to be really good at harvesting.
- So we are really good at crafting.
We get drops from Twitch so we can improve our characters...

Disciplines cost import tokens... 
And so on.  All accumulating so when importing a single character you spend 20+ import tokens. 

Right .. so 

The Import system limits us from doing all of the things we have worked long and hard to be able to -inside- campaign, because we can't bring harvesterss + crafters + pvpers due to an Import limit.
This just doesn't make sense.

Just limit -what/which- items can be imported and be done with it..   There is no need for a specific number of imports, since the limit is on what kind of items can or cant be taken into the campaigns.  Making it have a much better effect on entering/leaving campaigns as well.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

• 2 weeks later...

Great Egg Hunt Event Feedback

• I enjoyed that the Cheeps would drop, since it'd encourage a bit more pvp and rewarding engagement from ganking.
  • Rates seemed variable and the cheep respawn mechanic vague, so I'd recommend making the information less opaque by detailing to us how Cheep spawn and their rate worked. It'd avoid frustration from something feeling like it's bugged.
  • I liked no multiple crafting steps, straight buy rewards with the item drop.
  • I disliked the time scale to collect 1 set of all these useful rewards, since for one account at a generous cheep rate, it'd be tens of hours. The activity was essentially F interact on a run-speed character; maybe having to deal with iffy respawn rates of a village's cheeps. So it could a long period of monotony - I'd cut down the hours. Flatten the Matthew effect by having the high achievers just working for more copies of the same Enchants. 
  • Something like killing the Underhill interacting with cheep spawn rate might of been interesting. It was more efficient to keep running and checking for Cheeps than ever getting in combat with the Underhill NPCs. It'd make for more gold stacked on players.
  • I dislike the power creep these events will make, especially with stacking Enchants. I feel we'd prefer cosmetics, but since the Accessories slots don't stand out in MMO fashion, I might understand why not. For a returning player wanting to be a max crafter, they can't do anything in crafting to get themselves up to speed: instead they're time gated to wait for a cycle of 3 seasonal events to come around to get their crafting Reduction rewards. After the Belt slot event, I'd recommend all these enchants and items be available to purchase on the Conquest Coin vendor.

7.700 , the new Graveyard features you could see on the Shadows map were great and a bit of variety to the landscape.
I'd recommend adding an icon too for the regular old graves that you would find not marked on the map. Sometimes they appear in woodland copses.

The logic is it's one of the only Resource types that isn't immediately obvious to check in a new campaign. For Ore or Stone, you just check the Mountain and canyon tiles. This is since the old graves can spawn in any old indistinguishable tiles: it can take a couple hours for a solo person to go around a single Dregs map and view within render distance every tile of a Dregs map. In practice inside a campaign, you're looking for the 1 or maybe 2 optimal route for you to follow for the rest of the campaign. The exploration element still remains in that'd you'd need to see what race (Human, Elven, Monster, Guinecean, Stoneborn) the graves are.

Posted (edited)

Figured it's time again to ask that Cobblestone and Slag have uses in making basic components.  Knotwood can make sandpaper and coal.

Can we please be able to turn cobblestone into powder for Flasks?

Edited by Solstar

Posted (edited)

Remember way back when (two months ago) when a number of people pointed out that having fort and Keep timers available for only a small portion of the population that logged on during those times skewed the point totals dramatically in that lower populations favor?

Well, you made it worse.

At least before, half of the zones catered to time zones that were mostly usable by the majority of players.  Now, only a third of them do, and voila! The point totals are even more ridiculous.

Have we sufficiently tested out this theory yet?  Is it time to provide equitable siege timers based on population play time?

Edited by Solstar

Why is the like/dislike feedback thread already locked? You ask players to respond to it, then you lock it without notice on the forums (sorry, I'm not glued to your garbage discord). If you don't receive feedback within X amount for time, does it suddenly become invalid? Just leave it open.

1 hour ago, Sulong said:

Why is the like/dislike feedback thread already locked? You ask players to respond to it, then you lock it without notice on the forums (sorry, I'm not glued to your garbage discord). If you don't receive feedback within X amount for time, does it suddenly become invalid? Just leave it open.

There are now  2 threads open in the official discord's "general-discussion" if you are still looking to give input.