Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No Gear Power Gap Alternative Game Mode

Ah, I can see the title got yall shook. Calm down, let me explain.

So, we got game modes. The knobs if you will. So I think, instead of arguing how the game should be ("Progression through power is a must for MMORPGs!!! Go play another game!"), we can cheat and have both ways. And keep both players happy.

This mode too is also really simple changes.

#1: All resource ranks drop only Lego.

#2: Create a different drop table. Rank 1-4 drops X, R5-8 drops 2X, R9-10 drops 3X. As always numbers dont matter. Increment can be bigger or smaller based on test.

#3: High ranks should be rare and on specific spots. This should be the case on the base game too. The best groups get R10, the good groups get R5, everyone else gets R1.

(#4: Use classic crafting mode)

Once again really easy. Technically all you need to do is #2. If your droptable is organized and clean this is a 10min work. If it is messy it might take 30 min.

Yeah, for starters the mode would be no export for obvious reasons, but you can import your stuff and craft normally. I could see the reward being something like every member from the winner guild can export a set of gear. And others (active) guilds 1 piece. Or more if it is longer than 2 weeks.

I think it would be a fun mode. High ranks rewards would be saving time. If we go with my numbers, youd need to farm 3 time less if you are only doing rank 10. Which is great for me cuz that means more time for PvP.

The gain from high rank wouldnt be Power (no extra stats) but convenience (Less time farming). Which is awesome. Win for convenience is IMHO something we should have more of.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Access to legendary resources is just a small part of the "power gap." Legendary stuff crafted will endgame crafters will be far superior to legendary stuff crafted by early and mid game crafters. You really need high crafting stats to take advantage of legendary.

If this objective is a "no power gap" campaign variant, this suggestion doesn't go far enough.

3 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

If your droptable is organized and clean this is a 10min work. If it is messy it might take 30 min.

Kek. Not sure this helps your case.

IhhQKY6.gif

19 minutes ago, Jah said:

Access to legendary resources is just a small part of the "power gap." Legendary stuff crafted will endgame crafters will be far superior to legendary stuff crafted by early and mid game crafters. You really need high crafting stats to take advantage of legendary.

If this objective is a "no power gap" campaign variant, this suggestion doesn't go far enough.

Kek. Not sure this helps your case.

Technically we could pick any color. Thing is things below purple dont have full stats for dumb reasons. Using legos was just easier.

The gap between crafters is a good point but i wanted to keep it simple. That isnt this mode's fault. It isnt like it makes that worse. Technically minimized gear power gap would be a more correct name. Again i tried to keep it simple and easy.

game would be better off if it played more akin to hungerdome in terms of gear, where its easy come and you dont have to worry about it at all, you actually get to continuously play the game and gank and pvp and siege all days instead of being put in time out cause low dura, or broken gear.

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

On 4/27/2022 at 8:23 AM, Healein said:

game would be better off if it played more akin to hungerdome in terms of gear, where its easy come and you dont have to worry about it at all, you actually get to continuously play the game and gank and pvp and siege all days instead of being put in time out cause low dura, or broken gear.

If that is the only, or even primary mode of the game, it would kill it for me.  I am primarily a harvester and part of our guild's econ team.  A big selling point on the Kickstarter for me was a Gordon designed economy where crafting mattered.  It was marketed as 1 part pvp, 1 part economy (by the man who did SWG econ), 1 part EVE style throne war.  This solution reduces it to 1/3 of the games potential.

On 4/27/2022 at 1:27 AM, BarriaKarl said:

for starters the mode would be no export for obvious reasons, but you can import your stuff

This bit doesn't work out.  I can import legendary disc/belt, other stuff maybe, but can only export it if we win maybe?

4 hours ago, myssing said:

This bit doesn't work out.  I can import legendary disc/belt, other stuff maybe, but can only export it if we win maybe?

Hmm, true. That is a good catch.

Id use the 'imported' tag they already have to allow items brought in to be exported. I dont think we have that tech tho. So add a little more work there.

On 4/27/2022 at 5:07 PM, Jubileet said:

There is no worse feeling in a pvp game than losing a fight before it begins because of gear gap.

While this is true on a micro level, there is a skill level involved in getting the economic game going at a large organizational level.  Rewarding players who built their economic engine better is a fundamental component of a large scale persistent pvp game. 

12 hours ago, BigglyDaddy said:

While this is true on a micro level, there is a skill level involved in getting the economic game going at a large organizational level.  Rewarding players who built their economic engine better is a fundamental component of a large scale persistent pvp game. 

Boring. That idea was tried on release and the game ....died. The public clearly wants quality pvp not nerd logistic farming simulator supply chain "skills" second job work grind laborforce. 

You can give different stats for pvp and pve. If we use pve stats for base upgrade farming, we can Shrink the pvp stats gap and so the farming has more to do with getting better resources for base upkeep and defenses and has less impact on pvp stats gap.

Leave the pvp stats gap shrunk for fair competitive talent and strategy and not grind to win fights before they begin.

Players can still farm and manipulate the economy or have unofficial alliances where their network of 500 people can make a massive supply chain and win the game on the first day of the campaign....but at least the pvp fights will be EVEN and FAIR and FUN.

4 hours ago, Jubileet said:

That idea was tried on release and the game ....died.

That is a lazy and pointless argument. You could point to any aspect of Crowfall and claim "that was tried and it failed."

Should Crowfall have PvP? That was tried and it failed. The public clearly wants PvE.

Should Crowfall have a fantasy theme with swords and spells?  That was tried and it failed. The public clearly wants spaceships and lasers.

Should Crowfall run on Windows?  That was tried and it failed. The public clearly wants games on consoles.

The failure of Crowfall to thrive doesn't magically support whatever opinion you have on what should stay and what should go.

IhhQKY6.gif

3 hours ago, Jah said:

That is a lazy and pointless argument. You could point to any aspect of Crowfall and claim "that was tried and it failed."

Should Crowfall have PvP? That was tried and it failed. The public clearly wants PvE.

Should Crowfall have a fantasy theme with swords and spells?  That was tried and it failed. The public clearly wants spaceships and lasers.

Should Crowfall run on Windows?  That was tried and it failed. The public clearly wants games on consoles.

The failure of Crowfall to thrive doesn't magically support whatever opinion you have on what should stay and what should go.

Ah yes, the delegate from the winterblades has arrived to enchant us with riddles that sound cool but dont hold up when you think about how the main complaint of crowfall is the slavish grind and the lack of awesome pvp.

Dont just take my word for it. Check the many reviews.

9 hours ago, Jubileet said:

Boring. That idea was tried on release and the game ....died. The public clearly wants quality pvp not nerd logistic farming simulator supply chain "skills" second job work grind laborforce. 

You can give different stats for pvp and pve. If we use pve stats for base upgrade farming, we can Shrink the pvp stats gap and so the farming has more to do with getting better resources for base upkeep and defenses and has less impact on pvp stats gap.

Leave the pvp stats gap shrunk for fair competitive talent and strategy and not grind to win fights before they begin.

Players can still farm and manipulate the economy or have unofficial alliances where their network of 500 people can make a massive supply chain and win the game on the first day of the campaign....but at least the pvp fights will be EVEN and FAIR and FUN.

Its boring to YOU, but games like Albion and Rust use seasonal restarts and a "grind" component on a regular basis to bring folks back and keep clans interested. You not liking it is perfectly fine, but you speak for only one person.

Splitting stats is a meh solution to a different problem. The real problem is why are new players going to dregs and fighting players with more experience? 

You keep yammering about balanced fights but MMOs are NEVER balanced. Some classes have a 90-10 advantage against others. Some times you'll be fighting outnumbered. That's just part of the game.

The point of MMOs is to create scenarios with problems catering to a variety of different play styles and players finding "fun" solutions to those problems with other people. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ItsRiftzy said:

Just a reminder to keep discussions on the forum civilized/constructive. 

Speech like this will not be tolerated again:

Thank you.

This person is not breaking TOS. Who is this guy? Some random coming in like batman? @DEV-Tiggs

Edited by TowB

13 hours ago, TowB said:

This person is not breaking TOS. Who is this guy? Some random coming in like batman? @DEV-Tiggs

Non-constructive and/or posts meant to insult/criticize (in a non-constructive manner) are against the rules.

On 4/30/2022 at 8:09 PM, BarriaKarl said:

Hmm, true. That is a good catch.

Id use the 'imported' tag they already have to allow items brought in to be exported. I dont think we have that tech tho. So add a little more work there.

Seems like we got that tech now:

• Campaigns can now be configured so that equipped items do not cost import tokens
  • The campaign summary will now indicate whether equipped items require Import or export tokens, and will not remove them from the character if there are infinite export tokens or if equipped items do not require export tokens

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ItsRiftzy said:

Non-constructive and/or posts meant to insult/criticize (in a non-constructive manner) are against the rules.

Where in the TOS does it say that? Telling someone they need a tissue isn't against TOS. Dude your wrong you got caught. You might wana brush up on some light reading, https://crowfall.com/pt-PT/artcraft/rules-of-conduct/ https://crowfall.com/pt-PT/artcraft/terms-and-conditions/

Edited by TowB

10 hours ago, TowB said:

Where in the TOS does it say that? Telling someone they need a tissue isn't against TOS. Dude your wrong you got caught. You might wana brush up on some light reading, https://crowfall.com/pt-PT/artcraft/rules-of-conduct/ https://crowfall.com/pt-PT/artcraft/terms-and-conditions/

As per the rules of conduct, under the Do not troll or make personal attacks section (which also applies to the forums)

Examples include: 

• Nonconstructive feedback or comments
  • Personal attacks: Do not insult, degrade or criticize and person or group of people. Personal attacks derail useful information,

Since this is beginning to flood the post I'm happy to take it to dm's 

Posted (edited)

The next dregg should me no PvP. Just bigs 45 minutes Raid boss battle that if you do 1 mistake, everyone die and you need to start again.

If you beat the boss. You get the chance to get 1 piece of epic armor or weapon.

That would be some soooo awesome.

The best part is you need to spam the general chat for an hour before you start the raid. Because you are missing that healer or tank .

Edited by Kneevergivup

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2022 at 3:34 PM, Jubileet said:

Ah yes, the delegate from the winterblades has arrived to enchant us with riddles that sound cool but dont hold up when you think about how the main complaint of crowfall is the slavish grind and the lack of awesome pvp.

Dont just take my word for it. Check the many reviews.

Jah and I don't always see eye to eye, but I agree that there needs to be some nuance to figuring out why Crowfall doesn't connect, and just turning it into another Battle Royale or MOBA isn't the answer.  I'd like to think other folks came here for the crafting, persistence, and MMOness that I came for. 

Edited by Solstar