Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Suggestion For New 'amber Digital Edition' Tier For Backers.

I really like the 5+ years of VIP that the Amber level offers.  I would like to see a similar tier without the unnecessary cost of the 'Physical Collectors Edition'.  This edition will no doubt cost a lot of money to manufacture and ship.  

I suggest doing a $215 to $225 Amber Digital Edition that offers all the same benefits of the Amber tier without the 'Physical Collectors Edition'.  This would compete nicely with the $225 pledge tier that Camelot Unchained currently offers.

TWITCH.TV/PURPLEPOLOPLAYER

TWITTER @PURPLEPOLOPLAYA

So, you're pricing the collector's box at $25? If you're going to drop $225, what's another $25 to help the development of the game?  This isn't CU and the pledge rewards are definitely not in-sync with what CU did last year on KS.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

did u read or understand what +ALL PREVIOUS REWARDS mean? what u are proposing affects not only the amber patron level BUT from Amber onwards ... or they would have to build another branch just for your proposal...

He's not saying get rid of the Amber tier. He's saying put a level between Gold and Amber - which is exactly what I want.

I really don't want a physical collector edition sitting around the house. I have too many already, the boxes are always too big, and I just leave them there. I want all the digital content of Amber but none of the physical.

Call it "Platinum" - drop the price to 210 and it'd be perfect.

i didnt say get rid of amber, but u know that from amber to the next tier its previous rewards plus whatever is added to that tier right, so inorder to insert what u are asking wouldnt they have to create a new branch like a fork ?

just saying it's not as simple as just adding to whats available.

Actually Whizkid, it is that easy.

You just add a new tier between them. It has more than gold, and less than amber. Everything keeps its place in the tiers, except a few things move down one space to the new tier. Physical edition stays at Amber.

Or maybe I'm just not understanding what you don't get about this. If you put a tier between Gold and Amber that has more items than gold, and less items than Amber (and is free of items not in Amber) - there's no problem. There's no forking, no nothing. There's just a version with a physical copies, and those without.

And it would make sense too: all the "Gem Stone" tiers would have physical rewards, and all the "Metal" tiers could have purely digital rewards.

Actually Whizkid, it is that easy.

You just add a new tier between them. It has more than gold, and less than amber. Everything keeps its place in the tiers, except a few things move down one space to the new tier. Physical edition stays at Amber.

Or maybe I'm just not understanding what you don't get about this. If you put a tier between Gold and Amber that has more items than gold, and less items than Amber (and is free of items not in Amber) - there's no problem. There's no forking, no nothing. There's just a version with a physical copies, and those without.

And it would make sense too: all the "Gem Stone" tiers would have physical rewards, and all the "Metal" tiers could have purely digital rewards.

KS Pledge reward levels are set before the KS is launched and then locked.  Nothing can be done while the KS is still actively running, except add stretch goals.  Once the KS is over, ACE has more freedom with what they want to setup on their website post-KS.

KS Pledge reward levels are set before the KS is launched and then locked.  Nothing can be done while the KS is still actively running, except add stretch goals.  Once the KS is over, ACE has more freedom with what they want to setup on their website post-KS.

They've added increasingly-expensive early bird tiers for the ~$30-40 backer level.

I don't think they can add new tiers during Kickstarter. Anyway, I'd love to know if later on we can upgrade our pledge to gain VIP months or beta/alpha access only. It could be unfair to previous pledgers, though.. we'll see.

y9tj8G5.png

They've added increasingly-expensive early bird tiers for the ~$30-40 backer level.

They didn't add those tiers, they just increased the quantities available.

Actually they can add rewards, just the existing ones are locked. They don't want to for some reason that I forget and can't find in Devtracker.

Gordon has said there will be unbundled options post Kickstarter, maybe this could be added then.

David Sirlin's Balancing Multiplayer Games should be mandatory reading for all gamers.

I don't think they can add new tiers during Kickstarter. Anyway, I'd love to know if later on we can upgrade our pledge to gain VIP months or beta/alpha access only. It could be unfair to previous pledgers, though.. we'll see.

hhmm... I don't see anything wrong with pre-purchasing VIP months.

should work out fine imo

hhmm... I don't see anything wrong with pre-purchasing VIP months.

should work out fine imo

Yea, I was talking about the possibility of upgrading Alpha/Beta access only..! Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Yea, I was talking about the possibility of upgrading Alpha/Beta access only..!

ya, I'm sure they'll come up with additional incentives. Ingame pixels only get you so far.

Let's wait what the packages will look like after kickstarter.

I think the metrics of trying to add it in during the middle of the Kickstarter would be too complicated.  It's a good idea, but something best suited for post Kickstarter I think.

[@--(o.O)@]

If you can, I highly recommend upgrading your pledges during the KS though.  KS rewards tend to always be a greater value than post-KS.