Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.900.0 Public Test Server Feedback 6.9.2022

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game on the most recent patch. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

• DEV-Tiggs changed the title to 7.900.0 Public Test Server Feedback 6.9.2022

You have added a lot of things that can now damage walls.

You still havent fixed Vandal LMB - Psn damage though it still doesn't damage walls nor Wards in keeps.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Would have loved to see changes to how Dregs scoring works. This has been yet another month long campaign where a team is able to play in regions that aren't populated to win. We need diminishing returns on points or region specific Dregs maps. Come on!

Frostweaver

• The Cold Stare talent is now known as Swift Discord and grants both the Swift Discord and Cold Stare powers
  • New Archmage Power: Swift Discord 
    • It skips the initial Free Weaving dance to more directly create harmful Ice-types and restore 50 mana
    • Swift Discord grants Hastened Weaving for 8 seconds reducing the casting time of Ice Weave
  • The Icecaller talent is now known as Swift Alliance and grants both the Swift Alliance and the Icecaller powers
  • New Icecaller Power: Swift Alliance 
    • It skips the initial Free Weaving dance to more directly create beneficial Ice-types and restore 50 mana
    • Swift Alliance grants Hastened Weaving for 8 seconds reducing the casting time of Ice Weave
  • The Icecaller talent promotion now causes your Refreshing Ice to deploy in a half-second instead of one second
  • The Archmage talent promotion now causes your Volatile Ice to deploy in a half-second instead of one second

❤️❤️❤️ YES!!! This finally allows you to weave ice between other spells! Non-FG Frostweavers can finally weave! ❤️❤️❤️

• The Ice of Endurance field now also heals allies and you per tick, ticking every two seconds and its existing effects
  • Frostweaver Black Ice now causes damage every two seconds and its existing effects

From testing, these are actually tied to the Icecaller and Archmage promotions respectively which seems proper.  Frostguard does not need this damage buff.  Please move the tooltip to the promo talents rather than on the ability tooltip.  This is a nice buff that incentivizes these talents for the respective promo.

• Frostweaver Blizzard's passive talent now also modifies the Black Ice field to slow enemies, in addition to its existing effects

Very nice addition, provides more of the control you would expect from the class.

• The "Freezing Blast" talent node is now known as "Weaving Basics" and grants both Free Weaving and Freezing Blast
  • The "Free Weaving/All Foci" talent node is now known as "Complete Focus" and no longer grants Free Weaving

Options!? I like options! Fantastic!  However "Complete Focus" will not be a viable choice for Icecaller until Refreshing and Cool Focus can proc off heals.

Promotion based Balancing!?  It's almost like you got tired of me saying it! ❤️

Keep an eye on Archmage AOE damage as this is a pretty big spike, Black Ice and Volatile Ice Weave are each equivalent to Shatter Storm sustained damage now.  I wouldn't mind losing some AOE damage to get a bit back on Crystal Lance combo (Icecaller and FG could use this still) and removing the Frostbite consumption on Death Shard.

Keep an eye on Icecaller heals, this will make them a real powerhouse but they can still be shut down pretty hard with stamina lock.  I'll try to get some duels and 1v2s in to see if IC can puddle heal through to much damage/CC.

11 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

You have added a lot of things that can now damage walls.

You still havent fixed Vandal LMB - Psn damage though it still doesn't damage walls nor Wards in keeps.

Ok.. so you mark it as : 

Not a bug post it on the Feedback thread...  Newsflash.. this IS the feedback thread
Are you though saying that it's intentional that the Assassin Vandal is the only promotion of ALL the classes which is unable to damage wards and walls unless they use CDs/Ultimates and so on.. that their LMB damage cause it's PSN should not damage things?  

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Meditation minor disc - Currently can only be used out of combat.  Why? The cooldown vs uptime alone makes this minor subpar outside of harvesting.

Druid's Essence Boon passive ability - currently ticks once every 5s.  Stormcaller's Capacitor passive ticks twice as much for the same duration.  Even with both of these ticking at the same time is not enough to prevent running out of essence using basic attacks.  Side note: outside of Life tray, why oh why do basic attacks consume resource for druids, frostweaver, and probably some other classes while others get a free pass?

Knight's Block hampered by a limited resource: Stamina.  Can we look at removing this resource cost outside of "Big Hits" or moving it to another resource with a higher cap? 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a very lengthy debate about the change to the essence burn mechanic on the official Discord so I wanted to make sure the feed back was put here so it hopefully gets seen.

First let me start by saying I understand you can't list every change you guys make but when you make a change to a class that fundamentally changes the way the class is played that should always make the patch notes. The only way I knew something had actually changed with the way essence builds and decreases was because I seen the note about call storm in the recent 7.9 patch. The note in which you tell people that 4 abilities now build essence in life tray, and deplete it in death tray. I found out the hard way that the mechanic had changed and now tray is the deciding factor in whether essence is built, or depleted.

This is very problematic when changed in conjunction with the essence burn change. Now when you hit essence burn you're not going to be able to do anything. You wont be able to heal, you wont be able to damage. It will be the equivalent of your weapon breaking during combat because there is nothing  instinctive to suggest that these powers that no longer work in the life tray will work in the death tray. Is there an on screen prompt about to much essence? Yes but why would anyone understand that the death tray will now use the exact same abilities that build essence to deplete it?

@StaticNand myself may have traveled different roads to get to the same conclusion but after seeing and using the build/deplete mechanic along with the essence burn change it isn't going to be good for the class.

7 hours ago, Dakoth said:

Had a very lengthy debate about the change to the essence burn mechanic on the official Discord so I wanted to make sure the feed back was put here so it hopefully gets seen.

First let me start by saying I understand you can't list every change you guys make but when you make a change to a class that fundamentally changes the way the class is played that should always make the patch notes. The only way I knew something had actually changed with the way essence builds and decreases was because I seen the note about call storm in the recent 7.9 patch. The note in which you tell people that 4 abilities now build essence in life tray, and deplete it in death tray. I found out the hard way that the mechanic had changed and now tray is the deciding factor in whether essence is built, or depleted.

This is very problematic when changed in conjunction with the essence burn change. Now when you hit essence burn you're not going to be able to do anything. You wont be able to heal, you wont be able to damage. It will be the equivalent of your weapon breaking during combat because there is nothing  instinctive to suggest that these powers that no longer work in the life tray will work in the death tray. Is there an on screen prompt about to much essence? Yes but why would anyone understand that the death tray will now use the exact same abilities that build essence to deplete it?

@StaticNand myself may have traveled different roads to get to the same conclusion but after seeing and using the build/deplete mechanic along with the essence burn change it isn't going to be good for the class.

What are you even talking about? ArchDruid and EarthKeeper have ALWAYS had to play around tray swapping. Nothing has changed about this. The fact that there were even skills from little used Discs that didn't do what they were supposed to in their respective trays is more of a surprise to me.

The mechanic of the tray deciding whether you build or deplete essence, has been like this for a very very long time. Earthkeeper "could" to some level stay purely in the life tray, But this became a lot harder since the weapon weight changes.

The 7.9 Patch hasn't changed the fundamentals of AD and EK having to Tray Dance to manage essence. This has always been something you did, even if you were an EK playing with commune with nature. Essence burn changes are actually nice because now it's ALOT harder to accidentally nuke yourself in the thick of things because you went into essence burn without noticing, which was very easy to do if you weren't constantly staring at your essence meter.

And my last parting comment, is you aren't Locked out of healing or doing damage when you hit max essence, you simply swap trays and use one of the many skills exclusive to that tray, or that are shared with the life tray. Heck, one of the best healing spells for EK is usable in both trays. It's also worth noting that the mechanic has been explained in the promotion node, quite explicitly, for quite a long time, that you build essence in the life tray, and deplete it in the death tray, so it's really the fault of the user for not reading all the mechanics of their promotion.

15 hours ago, UnderGrowth said:

What are you even talking about? ArchDruid and EarthKeeper have ALWAYS had to play around tray swapping. Nothing has changed about this. The fact that there were even skills from little used Discs that didn't do what they were supposed to in their respective trays is more of a surprise to me.

The mechanic of the tray deciding whether you build or deplete essence, has been like this for a very very long time. Earthkeeper "could" to some level stay purely in the life tray, But this became a lot harder since the weapon weight changes.

The 7.9 Patch hasn't changed the fundamentals of AD and EK having to Tray Dance to manage essence. This has always been something you did, even if you were an EK playing with commune with nature. Essence burn changes are actually nice because now it's ALOT harder to accidentally nuke yourself in the thick of things because you went into essence burn without noticing, which was very easy to do if you weren't constantly staring at your essence meter.

And my last parting comment, is you aren't Locked out of healing or doing damage when you hit max essence, you simply swap trays and use one of the many skills exclusive to that tray, or that are shared with the life tray. Heck, one of the best healing spells for EK is usable in both trays. It's also worth noting that the mechanic has been explained in the promotion node, quite explicitly, for quite a long time, that you build essence in the life tray, and deplete it in the death tray, so it's really the fault of the user for not reading all the mechanics of their promotion.

I'm fairly exhausted on this topic as Dakoth and I have had this discussion fairly thoroughly. But I will put my final thoughts here and be entirely done with it.

"Essence burn changes are actually nice because now it's ALOT harder to accidentally nuke yourself in the thick of things because you went into essence burn without noticing, which was very easy to do if you weren't constantly staring at your essence meter."

I think this is why they made the change. The player base is not smart enough to play an amazing mechanic that had real consequence (this wasnt necessary, pure nacl lol). The players didn't like dying to the mechanic so no one played the class.  But i thought it had real pros and cons. Real decisions. I feel they wanted to make the Essence Burn a forced tray swap mechanic just like many classes are "put every ability on cd".

If EK players understood the mechanic, you could stay in Life Tray (maintaining the ability to use Coalesce balls, Healing Rain) during extreme incoming team dps to get an ability or two out without dropping your life try healing bonus; or spam balls knowing you were sacrificing your own health and a ticking time bomb. You knew you only had a little time before you had to make a decision to tray swap to save yourself from Essence Burn (or use a different ability to get out of Essence Burn like IC Cooling Ice or Essence Scram or 3rd Coalesce ball) OR find a way to survive by healing through the burn. Encouraging the players decision to tray swap is a good idea. Forcing them to is a bad idea. 

The EK plays like this now: 

1. Heal in life tray by smashing all your buttons till you are in Essence Burn.

2. Realize you can't do anything in Life Tray in Essence Burn.

3. Use Essence Scram or be forced to swap to Death Tray (losing Healing Rain, Coalesce Orbs (Life Tray LMB), and Essence Scram (Life Tray Ult)). 

4. Spam all your abilities in Death Tray until you have no essence.

5. Realize you cant do anything in Death Tray with no essence.

6. Swap to life. 

Lather rinse repeat.

No choice. No real consequence. No real ability to outplay. It feels dull. It's bad.

Forcing a tray swap might be their intention for the class. But it's not a welcome one for those that actually play the class and it dulls the class.

If they really wanted to encourage a tray swap I would recommend turning Essence Burn into a stacking dot. Very low dmg at the beginning but every second it gets stronger and stronger. This will allow some time to notice the burn for those who don't do well with the mechanic AND it will give back choice of action in Essence Burn to the EK. But really just put it back the way it was because it worked well.

I now play IC. They actually made it better. And for that, I am thankful. The IC changes have been one of the best changes to healing classes that has been made. They reinforced players making decisions.

That is all.

Static

**some edits for clarity and to remove or correct my saltiness lol

Edited by StaticN

3 hours ago, StaticN said:

If you understood the mechanic, you could stay in Life Tray (maintaining the ability to use Coalesce balls, Healing Rain) during extreme incoming dps knowing you were sacrificing your own health. You knew you only had a little time before you had to make a decision to tray swap to save yourself from Essence Burn (or use a different ability to get out of Essence Burn like IC Cooling Ice or Essence Scram or 3rd Coalesce ball) OR find a way to survive by healing through the burn. Encouraging the players decision to tray swap is a good idea. Forcing them to is a bad idea. 

If you understood EarthKeeper, you understood that in most circumstances you were dead before you even got to start essence burning yourself. you sure as heck weren't healing through incoming damage AND essence burn, let alone providing anything meaningful for your team at the same time.

If you really want to get stuck up on the fact the EarthKeeper can't just stay in life tray any more, than talk about the fact that the weapon weight changes made it so that it wasn't possible months ago, rather then an essence burn change, which barely impacts how you currently have to play EarthKeeper, or even ArchDruid for that matter.

You talk about it being more "skillful" to blindly keep casting while burning to death, when in reality there is more skill in properly managing your cooldowns and tray swapping so you don't end up in that situation in the first place.

Anyone who thinks the changes to essence burn affect anything fundamentally about EK or AD, Likely hasn't played either very much up until this point. which is no surprise given dwindling population, combined with the overpowering presence of holy damage and healing potential with a low skill ceiling offered by the cleric.