Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hopeful but Hesitant. Help me out.

I am new here. 7 days left of trial time. I am really on the fence about the purchase. went through the PVE zone to lvl 30. I see so much fun could be had here. Basic, and what I believe should be intuitive, elements of this game are so frustratingly over looked though. It's ok. Most of them are minor and I can work with it. I go to look at playable FvF campains and only 1 is listed. I explore the info for it and check the maps. So everything is owned by sun. The scores are heavily one sided in totals. Doesn't look like anything is going on to make any of this a game where a war is happening. So what is going on? Is everyone stacking one side just to get stuff/ achievements/ rewards? Is the pop so bad that 1 or 2 guilds are dominating everything for their faction? Am I not seeing all my options? I need some explanation and help here folks. I'm having early New World flashbacks. I really like this games systems and social basis. I would like to get into it if there is anything to get into. Newbie videos and guides are very outdated, that I have found anyway.

10 hours ago, Derpio said:

I am new here. 7 days left of trial time. I am really on the fence about the purchase. went through the PVE zone to lvl 30. I see so much fun could be had here. Basic, and what I believe should be intuitive, elements of this game are so frustratingly over looked though. It's ok. Most of them are minor and I can work with it. I go to look at playable FvF campains and only 1 is listed. I explore the info for it and check the maps. So everything is owned by sun. The scores are heavily one sided in totals. Doesn't look like anything is going on to make any of this a game where a war is happening. So what is going on? Is everyone stacking one side just to get stuff/ achievements/ rewards? Is the pop so bad that 1 or 2 guilds are dominating everything for their faction? Am I not seeing all my options? I need some explanation and help here folks. I'm having early New World flashbacks. I really like this games systems and social basis. I would like to get into it if there is anything to get into. Newbie videos and guides are very outdated, that I have found anyway.

Game is currently on Life support. I would hold on to your money and come back in like 6-months to a year to see if the new owners have done anything yet.

On 6/19/2022 at 7:37 AM, Derpio said:

I am new here.

Welcome. What you are seeing is the promise of what the game could be for a niche market, but the design schedule was too ambitious for the money coming in. System reworks and feature creep started digging a hole that couldn't be climbed out of. 

Now, those few of us that are still around are hoping the new owners (Monumental) can craft a new, Legendary vessel to house the spirit of this game. New necromancers are being hired to the dev team since earlier this year. The new creative director has just started taking the stitches out of the decaying carcass of the old game, to see how it was stitched together. 

So, at the moment, and likely for at least the next 6 months or so, we are getting a slow drip of fixes and small updates. 

The game has been live for almost exactly a year,  and I'm sure big new content has been worked on to some small degree, but, until a new direction is decided upon, we won't be blessed with any promises. 

So, we wait. And PvP in Discord when the servers are empty.

The game has the potential of being an amazing place for players who really enjoy this style of game. If they do revive the game and they can get new players to trust them again after so many failed attempts to build the community. I could see Crowfall become everything we want from it!  With all that said I love seeing new players, but I need to be honest here. I would wait for the game to actually make the changes needed first. I am hopeful that Monumental will care enough to fix the real issues that plague the game currently. Good news is this. I really do believe that one day the light bulb will come on. When that happens, I have a feeling this game will be freaking amazing!

Such a shame. There really is something to this game. My time here has felt like almost reaching that itch, then it moved.

5 hours ago, Derpio said:

Such a shame. There really is something to this game. My time here has felt like almost reaching that itch, then it moved.

Agreed