Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hadati

Lifetime Vip

I'd be interested in backing the game at a higher dollar level if there was a lifetime VIP.

For what's currently offered at 15 bucks a month I doubt I'd sub. There's just not enough in it to make me want to pay 15 bucks per month. However, if I could pay around 200 and get lifetime VIP I would back Crowfall at that level.

You can get 5 year VIP in some of the higher tiers atm, but I doubt we will ever see a lifetime VIP service being offered. If it were to be offered at some point, it would definitely be very pricey to not piss off the regular supporter paying 15$ a month.

All they have to do is what Camelot Unchained did and offer anything after 5 years for 1 dollar per year. I think a lot more people would bump up if that simple addition was added.

Do you expect to play this game after 6 years?

I honestly think 6 years is more than enough, I doubt these guys are going to give out "life time subs".  The kickstarter gives you a discount for 6 years, if you stick around for more than that then it is only fair that you keep paying to play a game you still like.

But I wouldn't worry much, I don't think this game will interest us for that long.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

6 years is a long time, agreed.

My points are:

1) They might get more people to back Crowfall at that level if they offered lifetime VIP

2) I don't think a lot of people will shell out 15 bucks per month based on what's currently been revealed in the VIP benefits.

Once KS is over, they can add a lot more options if they so choose through the site, be it packages or individual perks. One thing I didn't like about CU and part of the reason I didn't back it was how bloated the KS was. If they had done simple packages like CF and kept all the charts and what not until after, probably would have got some of my money as well. 

Edited by Allein

They could offer Lifetime option after KS on their website once the KS/Forums are merged.  I've seen lifetimes from 190 (camelot unchained) to 300 (STO before being taken over).

remember that the VIP is optional.  As of now it only allows for +2 (3 total) of your characters to get passive training.

Edited by jetah

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

If people are still playing WoW after 10 years... I'm sure people will still play this game after 10 years.

Every player in the game gives me a quest:
Quest: Kill me.

Reward: All my stuff.

If people are still playing WoW after 10 years... I'm sure people will still play this game after 10 years.

I thought the same thing about Wildstar. yet within 2 months, I wasn't playing it.  Same thing happened in Archeage.  I've backed HEX, Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen and now Crowfall.  We'll see which ones keep me the longest.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

That is a pretty unfair argument to use.  While people may have played WoW after 10 years, what other MMORPG has had people playing it after 10 years?

MMORPGs are more likely to lose their playerbase than to retain it, especially recent ones.  If you guys still disagree I guess there is no way I can convince you.  While I am a fan of this game, I do not think it is going to be the next big hit, it is a niche game after all.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

I thought the same thing about Wildstar. yet within 2 months, I wasn't playing it.  Same thing happened in Archeage.  I've backed HEX, Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen and now Crowfall.  We'll see which ones keep me the longest.

Y'know, how long a game keeps someone interested... After a certain point, it also has a lot to to with the person in conjunction with the game. There's an odd phenomenon going on where people love playing games they know are to be actually bad games, sometimes because of nostalgia, sometimes because of 'the community'.

So who knows, really. Because there's people still playing Wildstar and Archeage.

And people like options, y'know.

@OP

Honestly 6 years of vip membership worth $1080 I picked up for $215. I haven't even mentioned that I also get the Collectors edition hard copy of the game mailed to me... I get 6 character slots while normally people only get three. I get into Alpha stage 2 as well and i get to be involved in the development of this game. Get a bunch of in game goodies etc.

There package deals are far more valuable then I expected and even when they give us this someone asks for more?

No matter how many lollies I give my niece she will always want more...

I'f you feel the that the vip membership isn't worth it aka you want MORE then just don't pay the $15, seems pretty simple.

please-sir-i-want-some-more-o.gif

Edited by Cheewy

YannMLq.png

There package deals are far more valuable then I expected and even when they give us this someone asks for more?

No matter how many lollies I give my niece she will always want more...

To be fair, the OP is willing to pay more to get more.  It's not really begging, he is saying he would pledge higher for a lifetime VIP reward.

They could offer Lifetime option after KS on their website once the KS/Forums are merged.  I've seen lifetimes from 190 (camelot unchained) to 300 (STO before being taken over).

remember that the VIP is optional.  As of now it only allows for +2 (3 total) of your characters to get passive training.

STO's lifetime was $250.  At least, at first.  Maybe they raised it after I purchased it?

I think 5-6 years to start is a damn good amount of time.

I'd be interested in backing the game at a higher dollar level if there was a lifetime VIP.

For what's currently offered at 15 bucks a month I doubt I'd sub. There's just not enough in it to make me want to pay 15 bucks per month. However, if I could pay around 200 and get lifetime VIP I would back Crowfall at that level.

Normal accounts will be allowed 1 character to passively level, while VIP members can have 3 characters passively leveling.  IMO, that alone is a significant benefit.  Not going to have alts? They, you may find yourself locked out of some campaigns if your race is not allowed to enter.

All they have to do is what Camelot Unchained did and offer anything after 5 years for 1 dollar per year. I think a lot more people would bump up if that simple addition was added.

There are so many things that set off red flags to me with regard to CU, and this was one of them.  Sorry, but a 5 year sub is not a "Lifetime sub".... it's 5 years followed by a severly discounted sub.  There are so many weird things like that with CU.

The value of the 5 year VIP bonus makes it easy to justify getting the Ruby Pledge for $1k, since most of it is the VIP bonus.   I played WoW for 5 years until it devolved into... well what it is today.  I can see playing Crowfall for 5 years, especially with how the worlds die and reset... which offers a great deal of re-playability.  I'm fine paying the $15 sub after the 5 years.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

That is a pretty unfair argument to use.  While people may have played WoW after 10 years, what other MMORPG has had people playing it after 10 years?

MMORPGs are more likely to lose their playerbase than to retain it, especially recent ones.  If you guys still disagree I guess there is no way I can convince you.  While I am a fan of this game, I do not think it is going to be the next big hit, it is a niche game after all.

UO, EQ, EQ2, Lineage 2, Runescape, DAoC, FF XI, Second Life, EVE, if SWG/SB hadn't closed down they'd surely have players still. Just off the top of my head, sure there are plenty more smaller titles still floating around.

Not a matter of being "the next big hit" but rather something that can sustain for X number of years for enough folks to keep the lights.

Outside of WoW and League, pretty much all games are "niche" (misused term). Some are more popular then others, but overall, thanks to the ever growing number of gamers, very few actually gain large populations relatively speaking. WoW and especially League are the two exceptions and I wouldn't want another "next big hit" mmo if it means coming anywhere near WoW, nor do I want a super esport where just as many people watch streams as play it.

Obviously we can't predict the future, but some have no problem settling down and investing their time/money into one product for a long while.

Kickstarter rules forbid them from offering true lifetime subscriptions as pledge rewards. Or at least they did during the Camelot Unchained campaign. Don't ask me why - seems like a pretty dumb limitation. To get around this, they could still do what Camelot Unchained did:

"THREE-YEAR SUBSCRIPTION (commonly known as a “lifetime” subscription) that is renewable after three years, for $1 per year"

Or just offer it on their own website after the Kickstarter campaign ends.

Either way, the $215/250 package is a damn good deal, offering more than enough "bang for buck" already.

Another option that will also give you "lifetime" passive training for multiple characters is just to get multiple accounts (either through multiple Kickstarter accounts or waiting until you can pledge via Paypal). Since you don't have to pay a subscription on them, I can't really see any downside to this if the extra passively trained character slots is all you're after. You could probably also link their eternal kingdoms together through the fealty system, e.g. donating half of their land to your "main" account.

Although the multiple accounts is a viable option, it's typically painful and tedious as a player (especially when there are server queues). 

It's well worth spending the $15/month.  People spend more $ than that daily with Starbucks, fast food, at the bar, or smoking it away.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...