Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archeage!

anj

Ok, so Archeage is down right now and a new forum has just opened. Seeing as this is the newest MMO in the market(and the only one worth playing at the moment imo), may as well make a thread!

Which server do you play and any comments on the state of the game? (expecting a lot of Trion hate)

I still fairly enjoy the game as it is even with the huge cash grab. I just hope Crowfall won't head in that direction.

Cheers!

Played since early Alpha. Loved loved loved 1.0 Alpha. It just went down from there. The game didn't go in a good direction. Even minus the cash grab, gameplay changes also killed it for me. Like releasing the Weekend Dungeon as it's own content? That's stupid. Even in Beta it was around. It's the sister dungeon to Serpentis. You need it to upgrade things from Serpentis and to hold it back just so they can have a content update to put out was dumb. 

The game became boring. Waiting for some PvP to happen. Looking for fights. Outside of the occasional scuffle, there was nothing else to do. The labor system didn't make crafting interesting, it made it limited. The RNG of crafting gave the system a false sense of unlimitness. It forced you to keep crafting to get the gear you needed by pure chance.

The game was fun, I really loved the class system.

My class was a reaper which was a combination of occultism, sorcery and shadowplay. Overall I think that it was great that the world was so huge open and there was tons to do. As for the state of the game, i see people complaining (especially in reddit) about certain things like thunderstruck tress and bots everywhere, however i only played the game casually so I never noticed those issues.

I've played with multiple low level characters but that game was just tedious for me. It might become good end-game but I wasn't motivated enough to get there. The labor system is something I highly dislike and it's just standard themepark questing which hurt my brain. Naval warfare, sieges and composing your own music did look fun though but that's about it.

When the bots were allowed to gobble up most of the new land when it was released, that was the last straw for me.

Had a blast in early early Alpha, I was lucky enough to be part of alpha before the founder packs came out. Was fun up until they allowed land grab hacks/cheats whatever you want to call them run rampant.

Also found it too tedious and I didn't like the labor system. The game lasted about 3 weeks before I uninstalled it out of boredom .

Saints & Sinners ..... Every Saint Has A Past ... Every Sinner Has A Future

Here Kitty ... Kitty ... Kitty

I'm playing on Dahuta (Eu server) mainly but i have also a lvl 50 on a NA server (just for farming money to buy Apex there and use the credit on the Eu server).

Sadly the game was ruined from tons of exploits happened (the land hack during the launch of Auroria was the thing that killed the game for me).

Right now i just log in to check my bears (trying to get a bear mount) and to craft my own gear (custard RNG ) , waiting for my Patron to expire (1 month left but still 16 K credit to use) , waiting for the next Albion Online's event and for Crowfall

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

PVP in archeage is broken. Gear was mostly the differentiator, not skill.

I've had reds sniping at me _only_ near the guards where they'd kill be before the red. Nymvincyx and I quit the game two days ago.

My present and past lives: Bravebellows, Keryst Windrider, Andarkon of Gondor, Kalistane, Silphas Nosferatu and Poor Kitty.

Oh man and just recently they added the sloth glider (can descend directly by pressing s) in a random box. Not only that but they finally just directly added the rumbling archeum saplings in the loyalty store.

If Crowfall could be like ArcheAge in the good ways and leave the bad parts behind, Crowfall will be amazing!  I loved ArcheAge, at least the concept of it, but hated that the land economy was run by land snipers. I can't even imagine how successful this game would be if they were to implement the good things about ArcheAge.

Trion dropped the ball about as hard as it could possibly be dropped.

A never ending stream of completely ridiculous changes that no one asked for, ontop of the fact that you could essentially pay for the best gear in the game.

Yes, perhaps a lot of the decisions were influenced by XL Games, but Trion accepted responsibility for that when they became the western publisher.

It was honestly pretty disgusting how much of a cash grab they turned that game into. 

Edited by xaine

None. The game is awful.

This, combat is also awfull, tab targeting smashing button fest with RNG and CCs at every hit.

The only good thing about this game are trade routes, i consider it a good feature that should be copied but rest is an abortion and typical korean gindfest.

Pass.

Archduchess Alice

Beautiful game. Fun.. Exciting.. Gave good progression.. Community went really bad.. F2P model ruined it... Bots and goldspammers really caused massive problems and weren't dealt with. THe concepts great, Alpha etc was REALLY GOOD. It wasn't too buggy, the naval fights were just... <3 BUT they couldn't fix things, they didn't see the Cash shop as ruining the market, or helping people get TONNES of moneys.  In the end, I just gave up. God, the toxic carebears were the worst... COmplaining endlessly throwing abuse etc. Just from playing the game. Then there are the people who had to be just completely offensive about everything and everyone they disliked, nothing happened to them.

Last Call (A community guild for friendly peoples waiting out for CrowFall :P): http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/888-last-call-a-community-for-friendly-people/

they didn't see the Cash shop as ruining the market, or helping people get TONNES of moneys. 

There's no way they didn't know how it would impact the community, I wouldn't be suprised if they EXPECTED their game to die off in 3-4 months, and just rake in as much cash as possible from the hype bullet train that was being rocketed at everyone, I'll admit I fell prey to it, and the kicker was, they stopped accepting refunds for founders packs days before the Auroria release, which was for me, and a large percentage of the commuinity, the final straw.

"Camouflage is the color of fear..  I have no need to hide from my foes.. I have no fear of death.  My colors I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live, I am proud to die."