Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anj

Archeage!

I played ArcheAge Alpha before Founder's Packs and early Alpha was the greatest. Though eventually ArcheAge got boring with no real progression. The RNG of crafting was horrendous and you spent all your time hoping to get the right piece of gear. This wasn't as bad pre Archeum Nerf as it gave you reason to run Dungeons as you could get Archeum from the gear. Post this nerf, you no longer had a reason to run the dungeons. This ended up giving you nothing left to do. The cash grab was stupid intense and sadly I fell for it. Spent $700 open beta and first few months trying to get the stupid Carrot Dash only for them to let go and put everything into the cash shop anyway. Being able to sell things you got from the cash shop was stupid. When a player can have 100,000 gold and it be entirely from selling things from the cash shop or APEX so they'd never get banned, something is wrong.

Quit directly after Auroria launch when we found the Rumbling Archeum Trees. Guild got two castles and gave one to our allies.

Edited by kino

We're still playing AA on Naima.

We rolled west and the entire faction HATES us.

We play the way we played in Shadowbane.  The game mechanics allow it, so we do it.  It hasn't made us many friends, but BOY the pvp is fun.

We did the Alpha from April on through the end, then Naima since release.  We rolled west hoping we wouldn't be the zerg faction - we guessed wrong on our server.

It's ok because we own a giant piece of cinderstone and we have about 10 actives at any time, 15 at peak a couple times a week.  We have about 30 people with accounts but half on break waiting for the 55 patch.

The rest of us are just causing trouble.

Edited by Goros

i think i only played to lvl 15, but i read alot about it and watched alot of videos...i think archeage is a pretty good game that's completely ruined by cash shop and free to play. goldfarmers and goldsellers and all this "shady" business that was around alot of games never destroyed games nearly as much as the companies developing games around the idea to give players incentives to buy things from the cashshop, and put development time into cashshop items and design. how cashshops became an acceptable thing in the mmorpg community is beyond me.

I played ArcheAge Alpha before Founder's Packs and early Alpha was the greatest. Though eventually ArcheAge got boring with no real progression. The RNG of crafting was horrendous and you spent all your time hoping to get the right piece of gear. This wasn't as bad pre Archeum Nerf as it gave you reason to run Dungeons as you could get Archeum from the gear. Post this nerf, you no longer had a reason to run the dungeons. This ended up giving you nothing left to do. The cash grab was stupid intense and sadly I fell for it. Spent $700 open beta and first few months trying to get the stupid Carrot Dash only for them to let go and put everything into the cash shop anyway. Being able to sell things you got from the cash shop was stupid. When a player can have 100,000 gold and it be entirely from selling things from the cash shop or APEX so they'd never get banned, something is wrong.

Quit directly after Auroria launch when we found the Rumbling Archeum Trees. Guild got two castles and gave one to our allies.

+1 

I quit before Auroria came out tho, was waiting and waiting but quit before it released. had fun tho and its a good game, just not for me. if there was rating in the 1v1 maybe that would have kept me playing until auroria came out. 

Another "trailblazer" here... AA was pretty amazing - to level 50.

After 50 it is so incredibly rinse and repeat I was faced with either killing myself to escape MMO-based Groundhog Day, or uninstalling it.

Nebe, EU server - and only because I have my Patron still live.
Crafting has improved with the relatively new idea of popping gift boxes in 30 minute intervals that yield the various "points" to craft regrade items, so it's a viable option to keep working with a "green" item if it can be progressed into the next crafting stage.
Bit of a catch that they did this *AFTER* I completely wasted every piece or Archeum into items that were not worth it.

Other than that, same old
- trade bots
- land grabbing bots
- faction internal wars
Land grabbers are not a factor any more on Nebe, the population went through a massive decrease and there's plenty of space for grabs, even in safe housing zones.
I'll keep my property, do my farming, help out a bunch of friends with mats and that's my current ArcheAge involvement

Build diversity is about the only good thing in that game.  The PvP is a horrendous CC fest.  I sold my account for a hundred bucks and will never look back.  

Edited by chersk

1A9QOTM.jpg

Archeage was alright until Trion completely destroyed it with the patch that added castles by only letting ~10% of the server online for the first three days and thus grab all of the land. Also the economy-crippling bugs, and the pay2win gearing, and...

Actually the game was complete garbage at all points, never mind.

Edited by TheShortestPath

AA was fun for a short time.. I play with my GF and my cousin, so we had plenty of land with Alts so that was never a issue, but finding pvp battles was a pain for a small group to enjoy... i mean picking of players 1vs3 was fun at time.. but not really enough to enjoy long term

I enjoyed AA up until yesterdays Grindfest patch.. even after they "lowered" the XP from the KR version to get to 55..  3 Kids and wife, and a job doesnt allow for much to to sit in the library all day long grinding the same mobs repeatedly. Yesterday I felt like something out of the WoW southpark episode with the killing boars over and over.. 

"So Doggetts f****** crazy i know that" - J Todd Coleman

We're still playing AA on Naima.

We rolled west and the entire faction HATES us.

We play the way we played in Shadowbane.  The game mechanics allow it, so we do it.  It hasn't made us many friends, but BOY the pvp is fun.

We did the Alpha from April on through the end, then Naima since release.  We rolled west hoping we wouldn't be the zerg faction - we guessed wrong on our server.

It's ok because we own a giant piece of cinderstone and we have about 10 actives at any time, 15 at peak a couple times a week.  We have about 30 people with accounts but half on break waiting for the 55 patch.

The rest of us are just causing trouble.

We're on Naima, the Dark Jesters.  Well, used to be.  There are only 2 people from my guild still playing.  A few of us have considered going back just for some world pvp fun and trouble.

Just imagine a smiley after everything I say.  Works out best for us all.

ArcheAge trailblazer here. I backed really early and hoped into the alpha server. The first 2 months of alpha sold me on the game, a lot of classes were made viable since magic attack was the same stat used in healing. I also liked that the grind wasnt that bad if you ran GHA or went diving for chests. Hell... even afk fishing was profitable and gave a lot of archeum and gold.

Poor management and p2w cs is why that game will never be successful. I saw the risk of it turning into what happen on KR... I should have got a refund.

For what its worth... the gliders pre-nerf and sailing... were amazing.

I believe I heard JTodd saying he liked how they did the ocean and ship combat in an interview... here's hoping some day we get sailing.

Edited by kiroelmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Sailing would be nice in CF.  Good things always get nerfed because someone is going to complain loud enough that they just suck at the game but god forbid it be their fault so the game must be changed, right?

Pre-nerf sailing and gliding was awesome.  Very freeing.  If you got boarded at sea then you just didn't know how to sail or you got caught off guard.  It happens, but some people just can't deal with that.

Just imagine a smiley after everything I say.  Works out best for us all.

ArcheAge trailblazer here. I backed really early and hoped into the alpha server. The first 2 months of alpha sold me on the game, a lot of classes were made viable since magic attack was the same stat used in healing. I also liked that the grind wasnt that bad if you ran GHA or went diving for chests. Hell... even afk fishing was profitable and gave a lot of archeum and gold.

Poor management and p2w cs is why that game will never be successful. I saw the risk of it turning into what happen on KR... I should have got a refund.

For what its worth... the gliders pre-nerf and sailing... were amazing.

I believe I heard JTodd saying he liked how they did the ocean and ship combat in an interview... here's hoping some day we get sailing.

2 trailblazer accounts :(

ArcheAge took everything good about the themepark and the sandbox, threw it out a 100 story window, and slapped the remains together with balsa wood and glue sticks ($9.95 for a chance at a box of 50!).  End game is repeating PVE that was a chore rather than challenging requiring better gear than it dropped or hundreds of gold of consumables, the world's worst clone of Farmville, Zimbabwe Inflation & Cart Driving Simulator, and battlegrounds you can only play once every 3 weeks if you're part of the 1% of the server's population.

What a miserable failure on all counts.  The only really well done thing was the class system.  It was really fun making builds.

There's no way they didn't know how it would impact the community, I wouldn't be suprised if they EXPECTED their game to die off in 3-4 months, and just rake in as much cash as possible from the hype bullet train that was being rocketed at everyone, I'll admit I fell prey to it, and the kicker was, they stopped accepting refunds for founders packs days before the Auroria release, which was for me, and a large percentage of the commuinity, the final straw.

The perfect time to stop accepting refunds, as most of the people who went founder did so in order to get a castle in Auroria and would have most likely demanded a refund if they failed the Auroria land grab.

Edited by Zakila

Auroria was such a clustercustard. Once the castles were taken on Ollo, I saw pretty much all the land taken in 10 seconds (like 1 second of actual game time given the lag), and pretty much gave up hope on Archeage being a game where you could be competitive without spending money or using scripts/programs to cheat.

rR6eI3A.png