Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blaze duskdreamer

Rating? Family or mature?

I don't care either way as long as the gameplay is solid and fun.  There have been plenty of M rated games that don't add anything to the game other than needless nudity or gore.  If the combat is a blast, I won't care if there is blood or scantily clad women tbh.  Just my 2 though.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

NO LEVELS NO GRIND NO RATINGS NO LOO- and banned in Australia!

Hopefully mature considering the type of game they are saying it will be. There's likely no realistic way around that kind of rating with the crowd they are going to attract.

10 year olds say the funniest things when you grief them!

So I hope for a mature rating, but with kids sneaking in, so I can make them cry

So I hope for a mature rating, but with kids sneaking in, so I can make them cry

My 14 year old son will be in beta. Make him cry, and I'll make you cry.

I wouldn't let my 10 year old near some of the people I've encountered from SB in these forums. Some creepers around here. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

I wouldn't let my 10 year old near some of the people I've encountered from SB in these forums. Some creepers around here.

You are certainly welcome to try :)

For clarification: I do NOT mean through bring in appropriate, I'm no creeper :P

I think any parent should wait until the game is up and running, and see how it is for themselves first before letting younger kids play it. 

Even if the game does put in filtered chat, we have all learned from wizard and pirates, that the younger kids learn to make up their own special language to get around the chat filters. So, it is really up to the parents to check this game out for themselves and monitor their kids online games for which ones are acceptable and which are not. 

AKA~Kim~Member of Wise Minions Group, Pirate Wise Minions, and Wizened Wizards

The GAME would more than likely be fine for young ones.  The gallows humor and cutthroat personalities this game attracts, however...  That's going to be where the parental decision comes into play, methinks.  Whether you want to allow your child to intaract with Forumbane personalities lol.

Playing SB was like being on a pirate ship.  That's the folks.

Edited by mourne

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Thanks, all.  Yeah, pretty much the impression I'm getting.  I was just wondering whether to alert him to the beta but I don't think so for now.  Wait and see.  He plays gore, he plays 13, he doesn't play M.  So we'll have to wait and see.  He does play some open style PvP which he seems to like though I laughed at him one time for saying I don't like that guy, I don't trust him, I'm going to kill him and then pouted a bit because someone turned around and killed him too which I laughed and said, it's exactly what you did.  Payback's a (expletive deleted).  He thought about that and I guess learned a lesson that day.

Mature.

I don't want to hear how awesome Dora The Explorer is in general chat.

Something you will never/ever hear from my grandson.  He is, however, a proud Brony.  No, I don't get it either.  I think the ponies are horrid, like some kind of freaky squeaky nightmare.

He griefs back instead of crying.  I've heard him do it.  Of course, we watch and if it's too bad, we make him get off.

Yeah, the forums has made me say no way.  But I really doubt they'd make him cry.  He's pretty into battle stuff.  Far more PvP oriented than I am.  When he started playing Wiz at 7, he was so good at low level Fire (because you couldn't get him to stick to questing, ADHD) that high level friends were porting him into CL to help them out and glad to get his help too.  I don't recall what level he's peaked at.  He very rarely plays any more.

Not quite carebear, but sort of cousin to,

meh, grumpy old lady...

Never underestimate grumpy old ladies.

One of my guildies kids used to PK when he was 5.

Used to help babysit him by taking him out farming xp and powerlevel groups in the desert.

Awesome little thief.

He made lots of people cry.

Would hope for some blood and gore to the game but but not Mortal Kombat style , but hey if it goes Mortal Kombat style for blood and gore hell ya pvp will be come crazy lost an arm no problem its just a flesh wound :P

My teen son is stoked about CF beta. He's been looking for a reliable way to vent his aggressions for a while now. 'Cause teen. 

I'd be afraid to travel across his path in a straight up PvP game. These kids these days, they are cut throat, lolz. 

We play Tera together, and the kidlet is fond of spilling much, much BAM blood. He's a one -kid melee team. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

I'm against saying something is this rating and this person in not old enough to handle it, that should be up the person's parent's to decide if they are  a minor because from personal experience not every 14/15/16 year old is the same. Had one person in our guild introduce his son to Shadowbane and had him in our voice coms and the kid was 14. At the time he got to talk to people of different backgrounds and experiences, from military vet (moi) to a small business owner to a surfer bum in California and people of different racial backgrounds. In away we watched this 14 year old grow up and experience all the ups and downs of high school till the day he joined the Army. I like to think that each of us in a small way helped shape him on his way to adulthood with the advice he got from each us from our experiences.

Always keep in mind what you see on the boards from SB players if way different than what you experience in our voice coms.