Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blaze duskdreamer

Rating? Family or mature?

Thing is with kids is that some are more mature than others and have the ability to stay just as focused or more than some adults.

I've experienced this in several games but none more apparent than wizard.

In general though the younger ones have less ability to remain focused.

That being said there is the other side of the rating coin and that is the language. I personally wouldn't allow a child younger than 14 to be exposed to the barrage but typically it would remain up to the parents I guess.

288mqgz.png

As others have stated, the game itself I think will be fine. It's the players that always take it to another level. Seeing how much leeway is allowed on the boards, I would think in the game itself will be similar. Some kids can handle it, some can't.

As others have stated, the game itself I think will be fine. It's the players that always take it to another level. Seeing how much leeway is allowed on the boards, I would think in the game itself will be similar. Some kids can handle it, some can't.

Oh? You think there's a lot of leeway allowed on the forums?! Interesting. Can you elaborate please?

From personal experience playing with peoples kids and playing a kid most of those I have played with in SB have kept the language down in comms, although most time as soon as the parent is gone they cuss worse than we do.

Based on the vision of the game id say it would be mature rating but based on moderation prob a family rating. Who knows

X6RBqg7.gif

From personal experience playing with peoples kids and playing a kid most of those I have played with in SB have kept the language down in comms, although most time as soon as the parent is gone they cuss worse than we do.

Based on the vision of the game id say it would be mature rating but based on moderation prob a family rating. Who knows

Moderation is currently based at a PG-13 level as everyone is clueless as to what the rating of the game will be. 

Moderation is currently based at a PG-13 level as everyone is clueless as to what the rating of the game will be.

Oh I thought due to the restrictions on the profanity it was lower than that. My bad. Not trying to be critical you have your work cut out for ya

X6RBqg7.gif

Yeah, idk wtf you're talking about with leeway. When did I get a second warning? Is it really for making fun of the arrogant little punk kid? Cause he didn't get one, and I was offended by everything he said. He called us low lifes!

This!

Some of us are parents.

Am a grandparent, myself.

Forumbane just makes us look and sound much rougher than we actually are.

custard, did I really just say that?!? LOL

Well, there are some bad folks but every game and community has them so it is said.

Oh? You think there's a lot of leeway allowed on the forums?! Interesting. Can you elaborate please?

After moderating on a couple different gaming sites over the past 5 years, and being instructed to delete/edit anything with asterisks, anything religious, anything sexual, you can see where I'm going with this. This board seems extremely lenient in comparison.

After moderating on a couple different gaming sites over the past 5 years, and being instructed to delete/edit anything with asterisks, anything religious, anything sexual, you can see where I'm going with this. This board seems extremely lenient in comparison.

Jester?!?!?!?!?

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

And just when I thought I was in the Gulag. Those dirty asterisks.

We're you the director of propaganda in a communist country!?! That's just ridiculous!

I guess I dont see the point ofa profanity filter if its not acceptable..

shrug

This is only a guess. As I don't have the specifics ( I am the Rule Enforcer, not Maker)...but I am guessing the profanity filter is a SECOND LINE OF DEFENSE against...well profanity or toxic words. The very FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE would be the Forum Rules of Conduct. 

So, in short, people don't follow the rules, they cuss, they get hit by filter and moderated.