Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Schliems

Shape-Shifting Druid!

I had a werewolf druid in SB... was fun.  I basically built the character around buffs and would shape shift and then attack.   It was a bit fiddly, but still basically effective.  If druids do get shifting, I'd like to see some more subtle forms... maybe a critter that is common so they could potentially do some spying/hiding, or a stationary vegetation such as tree for similar purposes.  

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Yeah definitely keen to see some new sorts of possible shifts that could be used for things other than the ye olde tank or damage. Just like you said Regulus, something new like critters to run around unnoticed or something would be great fun, and I think needed to revitalise the druid class in MMO's

I represent The Guardians! 

LIBERTAS ARA AMPLUS

Camraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Yeah definitely keen to see some new sorts of possible shifts that could be used for things other than the ye olde tank or damage. Just like you said Regulus, something new like critters to run around unnoticed or something would be great fun, and I think needed to revitalise the druid class in MMO's

Besides, in CF you already have bear, wolf and rat form provided via disciplines.  If the druid has a shapeshift, it should be something exclusive and original I think (while still having that nature theme, of course).   

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Besides, in CF you already have bear, wolf and rat form provided via disciplines.  If the druid has a shapeshift, it should be something exclusive and original I think (while still having that nature theme, of course).   

Sure, they can turn into a tree.   :P

Shapeshifting should be a 100% utility/stealth thing (okay maybe just one form for melee combat, but that's it), and possibly be optional. Don't go the WoW route and have each spec have its own form, instead have ONE spec be THE shapeshifting spec and give that one lots of different forms, kind of like how the devs probably wanted the WoW feral spec to be originally.

Sure, they can turn into a tree.   :P

In fact, this is something they should totally be able to do; turn into a tree and spy on people. If someone tries to chop you down for lumber...they get a nasty surprise.

Edited by draco_nite

If the druid has a shapeshift, it should be something exclusive and original I think (while still having that nature theme, of course).   

A giant Blue Whale on the battle field?

KjUVOZg.png

Cantaloupes - Member / "It's a strange thing to see, that moment when the extraordinary becomes ordinary."

I think the Druid wont have an "heal" ability.

More like "If you hit an enemy with your root stun, it will apply a regeneration buff to your party members for x seconds".

But i can think of some really interesting druid abilites.

Mainly plant based, cc and poison.

But things like takeing the warmth of an enemy and converting it to damage or beneficial buff for ownself.

Druid's will be weak in the cold ... hunger times ... so her food most likely will be other peoples Warmth too.

Sounds logical, for a dryad looking character ... to drain some energy of men xD.

But things like takeing the warmth of an enemy and converting it to damage or beneficial buff for ownself.

Druid's will be weak in the cold ... hunger times ... so her food most likely will be other peoples Warmth too.

Sounds logical, for a dryad looking character ... to drain some energy of men xD.

Sounds like leach seed from Pokemon.  

Edited by Dakyn

Similar.

But if you're into fanatsy story like me.

You will have encountered more agressive "Dryard leeches".

The druid looks like a Dryard ... that's why i suggest something like sucking the life out of enemys. Literally warmth.

Dryard's are mean little tree huggers ... they will lure you in. Smear you with good looks and charming words.

Then eat you awhole xD.

And EVERYTIME i remeber that certain "pokemon" with the tentacles ... i question again.

Why i tought that pokemon was for kids.

Go read the original Manga, then the republished one.

Ohh ... yeah. I still buy the games ... it's addicting to hunt for these critters xD.

THAT'S IT

Design the druid like a pokemon trainer

But instead of training animals for combat, you memorize their form to transform into.

It'd be better than AI pets, at least.

Or you have a dual use ability, a bit like the Vitality subclass in ArcheAge. The roots you can cast on friend or foe, on friend they will bind them in place, but heal them, and on enemies, bind them but damage them. Or something similar :D

I represent The Guardians! 

LIBERTAS ARA AMPLUS

Camraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

I've more or less already decided to play a druid as my main avatar...but would reeaaly like some shapeshifting abillities as the cherry on top!

But, I'm a bit worried about how the forms we could shift into look. Ive come around some games with werewolfs and such, and they're always like massive, hovering brutes, lots of hair, but overall humanoid....would hate that.

I mean, yeah, when we hear 'werewolf', most would think of such - like the werewolf form in skyrim, I guess. Yes, it's devastating in a fight, scaring the enemy while going *roooarrr* and all but....I'd really like to see some whole body-shapeshifting...

Maybe I'm a bit too focused on the looks x'D

But anyways....love the idear of druid as spy, supporting not only on the batlefield itself, but from behind the curtains, so to say!

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

Shape-shifting is a really cool concept but as someone who likes to have a customized/unique character, I can't stand it. A prime example is the way it is done in WoW. You're almost constantly in animal form which looks exactly the same for every other druid minus a few minor details (ie tusks instead of fangs).

If they were to implement a shape-shifting feature I would be happy with the actual transformation being on a long-ish cooldown.

Other than the visual aspects of shape-shifting, I love the idea of channeling an mystic beast in battle.

A Treant that heals crazy well, with an enhanced healing tray. Once out of resource, the party is over. And / or a ? that focuses spell DPS with similar rules. Great DPS while the resource lasts. And each on a long cool-down, like 5 minutes. Maybe 2 x transformations that focuse on buffing each tray separately?

Shape shifting is expected to be a discipline, but I find the idea of converting the mage support into a melee fighter to be mismatched.

It might be helpful to allow mages to take on physical challenges, but it's kind of broken in that they gain the opportunity to switch roles moreso than classes that are already melee fighters.

Where's the limitation? Where's the consequence?

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

A Treant that heals crazy well, with an enhanced healing tray. Once out of resource, the party is over. And / or a ? that focuses spell DPS with similar rules. Great DPS while the resource lasts. And each on a long cool-down, like 5 minutes. Maybe 2 x transformations that focuse on buffing each tray separately?

Sounds similar to the Druid Elite Specialization for the Ranger in GW2. They use their regular skills to build up an extra resource that can then be used for a special healing form with better abilities, and it slowly drains as you use abilities until it's out and then you're back to normal.