• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jesse strong

Schools/ Creatures etc..

CrowFall   

95 members have voted

1. 1. what type of characters are you hoping to see?

I voted human because the poll was not multiple choice but really all of the above.  It'd be interesting.  Especially if I can be either a cat or some kind of cat woman.

Cat woman unique :D

One of Shadowbane's most interesting features was its numerous, creative race options.  Even "boring ol' humans" were given compelling reasons to play.  I think this game can benefit from that, as a larger variety is always fun to choose from in character creation.  I see hints at centaurs in the concept art so if that ends up being a thing, that's awesome.... Would it be too wrong to request an Aracoix-esque race? :D

No matter what's ultimately selected, detailed customization for the player to create a unique identity is a must.

Edited by wyvernwulf

wwsigcrowfall.jpg
                         ~For the Honor and Memory of Ahz Badaxe~

Actually I would love for us to be spirits that could possess NPCs - and hence rather than being a gear based game (it would help, but not hugely) - it would be a possession game - i.e. what have you possessed... what are its abilities, etc.

In essence your spirit would have a set amount of power that would allow you to possess a host body and then augment it, and it's abilities.

This means that you could either possess the biggest, nastiest thing you can find, or concentrate your power into making a less naturally powerful creature more powerful. Every creature would have an affinity (which would be related to your skills / skill trees) and its own abilities.

So you could build a Wolfen warrior with earth affinity (spending lots of power to possess the Wolfen and not much in warrior or augmenting the Wolfen form); or a Goblin priest with darkness affinity (spending little power on possession and lots on making the Goblin form or priest elements strong). The affinity would define the nature of your spirit and what magic its is good at.

Anyway some food for thought

Would be cool if as well as having multiple races, you can also transform permanently into a new form, (think Vampire, or Werewolf.) But this would have to be very hard to do, so you don't have 5000 werewolves running around. It should be hard enough and time consuming enough so that when you do see, say, a werewolf wandering about, you go "Holy crap."

Maybe even, if there's a Necromancer like class or skill set, that they can perform a long, time consuming ritual on a player that consists of multiple steps, ultimately ending with the player dying and then being resurrected permanently as a Skeleton, Ghoul, Ghost, Wraith, etc. 

Interesting idea!

Not quite carebear, but sort of cousin to,

meh, grumpy old lady...

Never underestimate grumpy old ladies.

I really hope they have unique races, and several of them. If this game is humans only I won't play. I think humans are boring to play in fantasy games, especially if they are limited to "realistic" features, ie no blue hair or horns or anything out of the ordinary. I'm tired of elves and dwarves, and bland cat people too, unless they're done differently than usual. Just, please, Artcraft, remember... you have Allison Theus on your team, use her wisely.

Also don't forget devs, many of the other games of this... er, type (pvp-heavy sandboxes), such as Camelot Unchained, are bringing it hardcore when it comes to racial diversity/awesomeness. So like, don't whimp out, ya turkeys.

peastravaganza%20dos_zps4q178jpn.png