Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kickstarter: Lowest Funding To Date! Any Add-On Ideas?

They are trying something different and a lot of people are scared. Some are confuse and unclear on the concept of the game. So its going to be very slow start until they release some more info and clear people head.

Edited by Cozzy

New here (so its not all bad news...proof that it can get worse XD ) but personally, not sure the keychain is exactly the way to go. More goals is certainly something (when I first visited the KS, thought the project was close to finished with fundraising, given how close the goals seemed). Gives more incentives to see these goals met. I'd especially like to see more races/race gender options, particularly the deer race. I've always wanted to play a cervid-race (I've a weird bucket list), so this is something I'd especially like to see. I'd also weigh in on keeping most of the incentives largely cosemetic, if not purely, otherwise accusations fly about P2W, which almost always turns ugly. Just my 2 cents

This is pretty much how Kickstarter works.  A big initial rush, slows down in the middle, a big rush during the last 48 hours.

This. I wouldn't be surprised to see the current amount of funding to double in the last few days of the KS. Also, if they posted more stretch goals, and threw in some smaller ones in between (like unique armor set cosmetics, unique paint styles for armor, etc.), I think they could pull more people to put money up. Right now, the stretch goals are 200-300k apart, which is going to cause it to lose a lot of steam, I think.

If they can keep that carrot on a stick every 50-100k, you are going to tip people over the edge more easily. Either way, we have reached the goal, and am glad about that. I would expect we hit at least 1.6million by the end of it all. But we shall see. I have been telling all my gamer friends I know, and people are definitely keeping an eye on it.

Vidrak - Member of

mael4.jpg

We are eagles, guys. We are true Americans. Tell your neighbors, congressmen, and president that they need to invest in the Crowfall kickstarter, or they will never be true American eagles.

Rad. I've never been an American before. Does this mean I'm finally, truly free?

Edited by Bombastuss

All the devs need to do is release more detailed information about the game. I think they said they are working on a more detailed explanation of EKs. It'll generate more hype and help those who are debating on donating to make up their minds. Once that comes out, you'll see the number jump up higher again.

Kickstarter Orb of light that follows you around in the Dark (P2W Risk)

What do ya guys think? Any ideas? Just Brain Storming.

If someone wants to pay real money so I can shoot them in the dark, I'm for it.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

I think the only way to make large amount of money is to spread the word. I think all of us who are in the community and care about the game have already given what we can.

If we can get everyone to post it on their face books or twitters or something, let's do what we can.

YannMLq.png

Yikes, we've only raised about $15k the entire day, and that's on a Sunday! Slowest daily funding date! Guess here's where we start looking for new funding ideas!

So most games have Add-On option where players can pay an extra $2, $5, $10, etc. to their packaged for some neat cosmetic*** items here a couple of Kickstarter Exclusive Add-On ideas I think might be alright to bring in some bit more funding.

KickStarter Trim Guild Flags/Tabards/Capes

Kickstarter Orb of light that follows you around in the Dark (P2W Risk)

Kickstarter Pet that can carry 10 inventory slots. (P2W Risk)

Kickstarter Trim Buildings

Kickstarter Cosmetic Recipes/Skins

KickStarter Mount Saddle (cosmetic)

Alpha Beta Access (You can only purchase additional passes of what your current package includes).

+5%/10% Personal Inventory (One Time Purchase & P2W Risk)

+5%/10% Bank/Account Inventory (One Time Purchase & P2W Risk)

KickStarter Lime Green Chat Color option (in Shadowbane you use to be able to type in different colors)

Access to KickStarter Live Stream/Skype Round Table Discussion..

What do ya guys think? Any ideas? Just Brain Storming.

THIS is what is primarily wrong about the idea of kickstarter and the shady ways in which you "raise" money. How about, raise your goal and THEN BUILD THE GAME. Show us how you've used that money, and then, when its all out,ask for more if you need it. Kickstarter is not this never ending money black-hole where devs waste time developing new gimmicks to raise money. The goal has been reached. Focus on the game, and not on the money, Don't be like that piece of poorly made socks game , if I can even call it that, Star Citizen, where all they work on is creating more incentives for kickstarter. 2 years down the road, you've squandered all your funds on developing gimmicks as opposed to the real game. Besides not having a decent game, you'll also have a few lawsuits to boot.

As a side note, if you do get sued, Id be more than happy to work quasi pro-bono to represent you. Should get me into those happy hour lunches yes?

I think that simply giving some more information - just simple things with the usual caveat of "may contain certain forward looking projections or concepts that may or may not see the light of day" - would sway more people.

Right now there is rampant speculation on pretty much every aspect of the game causing a lot of fence-sitting. And once someone figured out that, while the KS page listed all of these cool campaign mechanics, none of them were really in the "core module", things stagnated pretty quick.

Neither impact me very much, but I do agree that a " * " next to the campaign modes writeup would have been prudent.