Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doc gonzo

Personal Political Compass...

heyas folks...

as part and parcel of yer olde Doc's community building endeavors, today we are going to get into the realm of Political thinking at the level of YOU, the Individual...

not any "team"....not red or blue....no us versus them....just YOUR own thinking and how that fits overall into the general scheme of Political discourse...

"but how ya gonna do that, Doc?" you ask....simplicity itself...i've used an excellent tool for many years to begin this exact Conversation on many a Forum....it's called the Political Compass

it is a far from "perfect" implement, but on the website you can find the methodology used for the Quiz, there are many Questions some folks will find flawed with no "correct" answer...this is a deliberate thing, and why you are instructed to find the closest Answer to your personal views...it's all weighted for the final graph plotting and in the many years i've been using it, the Quiz has proven pretty darn accurate all things considered

think of it as olde skewl D&D "alignments" on the secular humanistic Curve and you might see what i mean....after taking the Quiz you are shown where you reside on the Graph, and there are other links to see prominent figures, both Political and Historical...and where THEY show up when plotted...

for example, yer olde Doc is one click to the Right of the Dalai Lama on the same north/south line....which i find Flattering, but your mileage may vary

take a shot at it, post your Results, and let's Converse on it all....you might find people have MUCH more in common than the "teams" and professional political class would like you to believe...

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

OMG!  I have no clue what this means :(

Your Political Compass Economic Left/Right: -2.13 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.87

I am almost dead center :(

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

When I took mine a long ass time ago, I was on the same line as Ron Paul, but closer to the center.

Generally libertarian, except for when it comes to foreign policy/military.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Your Political Compass Economic Left/Right: -6.13

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.77

More like Gandi as well. But I'm usually a mix. The religious fundamentalism, economy first, and corporate respect from a Southern upbringing with a liberal education from California promoting environmentalism and social evolution.

interesting stuff so far...

to be clear...i clock in at

Economic Left/Right: -4.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.44

when i just took it again...it's about on my average over the years of -4 by -5...

we get Ellie at

Your Political Compass Economic Left/Right: -2.13 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.87

just south of the authoritarian/libertarian line and a bit towards the economic "left".... a decidedly adult viewpoint, trying to find that sweet spot between wild west freedom of the Individual and rational "law and order", the pocketbook tilting slightly toward the "safety net" side...completely reasonable, imo...

Mal feeling alienated in Texico...../hides

and some Milton Friedman leaning libertarianism representing as well...

interesting mix so far.... how do you folks think the Quiz does representing your views?

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I already know I'm a dirty commie.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

on some issues i wish there was a "i do not care" button, but for the most part it covered alot. 

Exactly. Maybe they didn't do that because a neutral answer wouldn't provide any mathematical moving of the compass but if you're averaging answers, then a zero would most definitely provide numerical value.

interesting stuff so far...

Mal feeling alienated in Texico...../hides

Interesting that after spending 19 years of my life in Texas I am not a hardcore republican?   I do not feel alienated thanks to being in Austin.  But, the sea of red is annoying....  ;)

especially on the really hot button topics like pro-life/pro-choice and same sex marriage.  To each their own, though.

Economic Left/Right: 1.0 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51

This just means I'm disgruntled off and disgusted by both parties and all candidates every election.  'Merica!

Oh and is it obvious that I work for a multinational corporation?

Edited by Agelmar

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"