Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doc gonzo

Personal Political Compass...

Time to destroy the capitalist fascists IMO.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

on pirates and libertarian economic experiments...semi-political as well, this wonderful Article on the digital Silk Road...

http://aeon.co/magazine/technology/on-the-high-seas-of-the-hidden-internet/

worth the Read, imo...

and kind of important in the context of Crowfall as well....cuz i'm silly like that

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

1: And yes it was just a few decades ago during the cold war that soviet invasion was a real valid concept. It might be academic today. But it hasn't always been, or will be. 

yall euros just don't get it.

I'd just like to point out that both of my grandfathers served in the war against the soviet invasion. Winter War, Continuation War.

Your Political Compass Economic Left/Right: -1.88 

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.21

Somewhere close to Nelson Mandela, yeah I can live with that.

So you bomb trains full of children too?

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

heyas folks...

as part and parcel of yer olde Doc's community building endeavors, today we are going to get into the realm of Political thinking at the level of YOU, the Individual...

not any "team"....not red or blue....no us versus them....just YOUR own thinking and how that fits overall into the general scheme of Political discourse...

"but how ya gonna do that, Doc?" you ask....simplicity itself...i've used an excellent tool for many years to begin this exact Conversation on many a Forum....it's called the Political Compass

it is a far from "perfect" implement, but on the website you can find the methodology used for the Quiz, there are many Questions some folks will find flawed with no "correct" answer...this is a deliberate thing, and why you are instructed to find the closest Answer to your personal views...it's all weighted for the final graph plotting and in the many years i've been using it, the Quiz has proven pretty darn accurate all things considered

think of it as olde skewl D&D "alignments" on the secular humanistic Curve and you might see what i mean....after taking the Quiz you are shown where you reside on the Graph, and there are other links to see prominent figures, both Political and Historical...and where THEY show up when plotted...

for example, yer olde Doc is one click to the Right of the Dalai Lama on the same north/south line....which i find Flattering, but your mileage may vary

take a shot at it, post your Results, and let's Converse on it all....you might find people have MUCH more in common than the "teams" and professional political class would like you to believe...

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

I am custard Ghandi

Your Political Compass Economic Left/Right: -2.88 

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31

I'm seeing a pattern here. Seems to me that mostly the Americans are thinking along the "Ghandi" lines. Which, also suggests to me that your country's influence has a lot to do with your religious, political, socioeconomics and sexual opinions and beliefs.

288mqgz.png

I'm seeing a pattern here. Seems to me that mostly the Americans are thinking along the "Ghandi" lines. Which, also suggests to me that your country's influence has a lot to do with your religious, political, socioeconomics and sexual opinions and beliefs.

I think this should be defined as American gamers perhaps? We have too many wide arrays of thinking in this country, especially given the hyper conservatism. We are the melting pot after all. If I were to go to another part of the country my ideals and philosophies would be ridiculed and demonized, but I live in the best part of the US so... it's all good for me!

I think this should be defined as American gamers perhaps? We have too many wide arrays of thinking in this country, especially given the hyper conservatism. We are the melting pot after all. If I were to go to another part of the country my ideals and philosophies would be ridiculed and demonized, but I live in the best part of the US so... it's all good for me!

The commie bastid is almost right...everyone knows Texas is the best part of America!

Ozzie just don't make the same mistake many non-americans do. We may fight like cats n dogs amongst ourselves...but its a family fight.

We can still be friends and have a beer together....well I'll have a beer, Adall here will have a half caf soy milk chai tea boiled from his own tears.

:P

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

Perhaps, it might be an American gamer point of view.

The commie bastid is almost right...everyone knows Texas is the best part of America!

Ozzie just don't make the same mistake many non-americans do. We may fight like cats n dogs amongst ourselves...but its a family fight.

We can still be friends and have a beer together....well I'll have a beer, Adall here will have a half caf soy milk chai tea boiled from his own tears.

I wouldn't dream of stepping into your family feuds, that there would be just asking to have your butt whooped and served on a platter. Aussies are no way near silly enough to do that. *grabs a stubbie from hillbilly's fridge*.

Yeah for some strange reason, I've always seemed to find good Texan friends in all my games. My sister reckons it's because the Texans have an easy going manner, much the same as myself.

288mqgz.png

If you just "agree" to every statement you get

Economic Left/Right: 0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.72

Don't know if that contributes to a predetermined slant in the results.

I did this many years ago and I ended up around +3,5/-8,0

Frankly I consider anyone above -6 a danmed fascist (with poorly made socks). They can go tell themselves how to live their lives and see how they like it.

Seattle is basically Austin with rain from what I hear.  So, hes pretty much right.  Just pretend hes in Austin. ;-)

This started out all right but quickly turned into porridge. If you can't read your name you didn't post your coordinates or you're in that left-liberal clusterfudge. Interesting to see most people aligning with the popular street that goes from lower left to upper right. All mainstream politicians fall in this gutter as well.

eJgMfre.png

Thanks for the compilation.

And I do think the poll being a British poll, as was pointed out early, has a great influence on where the "center" lies in the graph. It would have to, if you know how this stuff works.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Indeed, and Britain is a decent vantage point as long as you use this on Western democracies. Germany or France would be even better since Britain is a somewhat right leaning country.

It does mean that almost all U.S American politicians will end up on the upper right hand side and most Scandinavians will end up from the centre to the lower left side. And while this compass was made a couple of elections ago even British mainstream parties have slid to the right during the last decade.

Your Political Compass Economic Left/Right: -2.88 

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

Ghandi for me, as well.... but I already knew that about myself.  :D

Economic Left/Right: -3.38

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.92

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

sometimes I wonder if people know what liberty much less libertarian means...

So many ppl say they lean libertarian but vote for people who would control every aspect of their lives. (both parties)

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg