Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doc gonzo

Personal Political Compass...

Thanks for the compilation.

And I do think the poll being a British poll, as was pointed out early, has a great influence on where the "center" lies in the graph. It would have to, if you know how this stuff works.

If it's based on British politics, then it is badly done. From what I know of political thought and ideology, plus the ideological norm in different countries, most of our posters here should be on the right of that spectrum, not the left (Americans being generally more right wing than the UK). 

The only thing I am getting from this is that it is really quite heavily left-biased with numerous leading questions. That said, gamers do tend to be of a more liberal demographic so that trend too dilutes the results here.

Edited by M0rdred

i am very anti-Authoritarian...but i rebel against both Corporate as well as Governmental "control"....and since i see the U.S. as a "soft fascist police state" at this point in HIstory, there's a lot i don't like...

you and i differ in our determination of where the "oppression" is coming from, and how to look at/determine the baseline...and how to repair the Damage

to put it simply I don't trust any of the bastids

oppression is coming from those in pwr who wish to remove my ability for self determination. My freedom of choice.etc... sadly this oppression comes from both parties.

To fix it you must starve the beast. You have to remove the power from the center and distribute it as locally as possible. You must make an effort to not send in every taxable penny you can. Lastly you have to stop asking them to fix issues not directly spelled out in the constitution.

That must mean that I have to be responsible and self reliant.

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

I got this:

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.77

And this in the other one

You are a: Right-Leaning Anti-Government Isolationist Nationalist Traditionalist

Collectivism score: -17%
Authoritarianism score: -17%
Internationalism score: -50%
Tribalism score: 33%
Liberalism score: -33%

Edited by cappaspada

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

As a veteran, it's a little confusing to myself that I will directly end a life for a country that I personally don't like sometimes and treats veterans like heroic second class citizens. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

A lot of the questions were very leading IMO... I could really feel the leftist bias :P

Economic Left/Right: 2.63 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.26

Edited by Zushakon

Member of The BlackHand Order

Better then a poll.....take a test to uncover... Who you really are. Because tests never lie.(I know because my mother had me tested)

Edited by thorbeinn

rilly?

I guess it is true...objective reality has a notoriously liberal bias...

I blame Darwin...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.15

Am I politically confused?

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I got -2, -1.98.  Took one years ago that was actually aimed toward US values and it said I was a Capitalist Anarchist.  That one is probably closer to truth.

Death penalty?  As it stands, I am against it. In the old days when you were hung the day after the verdict, it was done right.

And if you want to make a new law to control gun ownership, make it so everyone HAS to be armed.  As Heinlein said, an armed society is a polite society.  

Also, if everyone was armed, there would no longer be crowded prisons and a lot fewer people on death row.

Our government is too large.  It is out of control.  Revolution is not far off. 

One final thought:  give a man a fish and he will vote Democrat.  Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

I got -2, -1.98.  Took one years ago that was actually aimed toward US values and it said I was a Capitalist Anarchist.  That one is probably closer to truth.

Death penalty?  As it stands, I am against it. In the old days when you were hung the day after the verdict, it was done right.

And if you want to make a new law to control gun ownership, make it so everyone HAS to be armed.  As Heinlein said, an armed society is a polite society.  

Also, if everyone was armed, there would no longer be crowded prisons and a lot fewer people on death row.

Our government is too large.  It is out of control.  Revolution is not far off. 

One final thought:  give a man a fish and he will vote Democrat.  Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

And some of us women have thanked the All Father for that.......just sayin

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

7.63 Right

-8.42 Libertarian

I'm sure Doc is surprised.

I'm surprised there are so many left wingers for Crowfall when Darkfail had the strongest libertarian circle jerk I've seen on a gaming forum. I figured the two would draw the same audience.

On Hillbilly's quiz

Collectivism score: -100%
Authoritarianism score: -83%
Internationalism score: -100%
Tribalism score: 33%
Liberalism score: 67%

Edited by caffynated

OJN1n7E.png