Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rajah

Do You Want A Bard Promotion Class ?

Todd already hinted to a Bard class (similar to Shadowbane) in one of the interviews he did.. gotta find it.

Basically, for those who aren't familiar, it's a class that gives teammates buffs and resistances during and before battle. Since healers wont be a big part of this game bards will essentially be taking their place.

Here's what I think will happen: Bards will give teammates defense and resistance buffs to help mitigate damage. They will also be able to take off debuffs and magic effects like DoTs.

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

Since healers wont be a big part of this game bards will essentially be taking their place.

How do you figure? Devs said anything specific about healing?

How do you figure? Devs said anything specific about healing?

yep, it wont be important, and "support" classes will instead focus on crowdcontrol skills.. They didnt want the standard firehose healers to be in this game, but that does not mean we wont see some sort of small healingskills..

But there wont be a traditional healer in this game.

Edited by Zinnie

I think a bard class would be good, it's usually a more fun way of supporting compared to straight out healing and they usually end up being vital in a group.

Only slight problem I'v had with bards in the past is their music is connected the sound of other animations. When you have a guy in your group spamming the same thing every few seconds and that's all you hear from you it kinda get annoying. If there was a way to mute bard sounds then I'll be happy.  ;)

YannMLq.png

So, is anybody NOT playing a bard?

I messed around with the SB bard several times.  I loved the dual sword wielding little scrub, I was just never very good with him.

Edited by surbear

Todd already hinted to a Bard class (similar to Shadowbane) in one of the interviews he did.. gotta find it.

Basically, for those who aren't familiar, it's a class that gives teammates buffs and resistances during and before battle. Since healers wont be a big part of this game bards will essentially be taking their place.

Here's what I think will happen: Bards will give teammates defense and resistance buffs to help mitigate damage. They will also be able to take off debuffs and magic effects like DoTs.

Or you roll Aelf rogue bard for solo purposes and stomp stuff.

I think it would be nice if his primary attribute was actually a musical instrument, rather than a weapon

Lute, flute, bagpipes, harp. Each instrument would have unique properties and abilities. Other archetypes would be able to use them too but not as efficiently as bard.

Like bagpipes would be for damage, harp for crowd control, lute for buffs, etc.

Edited by rajah

So we're thinking it would be a natural promotion class from the Ranger archetype?

On the images they released today, the image of the ranger doesn't say "ranger" in the filename at all. It says "Warder," which does sound like it would lend itself to Bard-like concepts pretty easily...

-Shizzle

KjUVOZg.png

Shizzle - Remnant of Ascendance

#TeamBard for sure!

Izumal (Izzy), Javis, Covis, Wrenlen

"Started with UO, loved EQ and EQ2, loved AoC and currently playing SWTOR waiting to be a Crow!"

Seeing that our characters are roaming dying worlds where death and despair are all around, and teamwork is vital to survival, what could possibly be more important than a morale boosting Bard? Yes please. Just please integrate it into some sort of combat role, instead of the SWG cantina buffer style entertainers. Doesn't have to do direct damage, but make it combat worthy.

#Teambard

#Beardstoo