Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
checkyotrack

I Quit Crowfall

Headlight was mean to me. Mal was mean to me. Mandalore said something about my mom in vent. Every green name persecuted me. I quit.

Actually I'm hiking the Appalachian Trail in two weeks so get on my level city slickers.

Bj5BPN6.jpg

(The cats not going)

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I'm going from Georgia to Maine. Been planning for months and collecting gear.

I've done other mountain hikes. I've done the Routeburn and Greenstone in New Zealand and the Pinhoti in Alabama. Nothing as long as the AT though.

As someone who lives in Appalachia I feel like I should tell you to wait a few more weeks.

March is the month to start. You have to hit Maine before Fall. Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Get almond butter or peanut butter, EmergenC and Coconut oil. Take out 1/3 of the almond butter and replace with equal weight coconut oil. Mix in emergenC. Put these in small zip-lock bags. When hungry but mobile, pull out bag, cut the corner, and squeeze into your mouth. At about 100 calories a table spoon, it provides protein, fatty acids, and carbs with vitamins and minerals at maximum caloric density. Good for lean to normal guys on the AT to prevent you from coming back as skeletor

Coconut oil only because the taste is decent and it's more solid, so it helps maintain the paste.

Other popular inclusions are honey, nutella, and protein powder. We also made a good one with cookie-n-cream muscle milk powder in peanut butter with a little coconut oil. Main key is that any time you sub out oil content, you lose caloric density.

Edited by fuggeroffuggington

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

Though hiker coming through!

Doing drops of just buying food as you go?

Buying food as I go. There is enough supply stores to not even worry about drops. However I may do a drop at Fontana Dam before tackling the Smokies. Edited by checkyotrack

SWrkfdj.jpg

Get almond butter or peanut butter, EmergenC and Coconut oil. Take out 1/3 of the almond butter and replace with equal weight coconut oil. Mix in emergenC. Put these in small zip-lock bags. When hungry but mobile, pull out bag, cut the corner, and squeeze into your mouth. At about 100 calories a table spoon, it provides protein, fatty acids, and carbs with vitamins and minerals at maximum caloric density. Good for lean to normal guys on the AT to prevent you from coming back as skeletor

Coconut oil only because the taste is decent and it's more solid, so it helps maintain the paste.

I actually plan on carrying a good bit of peanut butter. I plan on sucking that and bars in during the day and one cooked meal at night.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I actually plan on carrying a good bit of peanut butter. I plan on sucking that and bars in during the day and one cooked meal at night.

Ya, PB is probably the single best food by weight. Almond butter separates and gets annoying. Definitely consider mixing some stuff into the PB, even a little dried collagen or whey just to complete the amino acid profile, or a powdered multivitamin.

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

I used to working in Jersey with at risk youth, I know every inch of the AT from border to border. Kids always loved chatting up the through hikers. There inner city perspective had a very hard time understanding spends months on the trail. They were dying after a few days. 

You got flip flops? 

Crowfall: The Official Game of

crowfallwiki.com

CYT quote in my signature as a farewell and GL to you sir.

I'm in two peoples sigs now. Hell yeah.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I used to working in Jersey with at risk youth, I know every inch of the AT from border to border. Kids always loved chatting up the through hikers. There inner city perspective had a very hard time understanding spends months on the trail. They were dying after a few days. 

You got flip flops?

Yes, I will be brining flip flops.

SWrkfdj.jpg