Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mac

Kickstarter For Shadowbane: Age Of Aelfborn

Just as an FYI, Mac. You do not have to file for copyright to receive copyright protection. Intellectual property remains even if there isn't a copyright registration, at least until the work becomes public domain.

With that said, Amazon now allows publishing and selling fan fiction, as long as the work is identified as such. Lastly, I don't think China has a leg to stand on to claim copyright law, personally.

It is my duty to cleanse this land of the unworthy. It is my goal to make this world burn. Your tainted flesh shall kindle the flames.

smf_banner_copy4_copy.jpg

An excerpt from the book might help. Currently, we have no idea whether it's going to be something we're interested in reading, or a book filled with the ravings of a half blind raging spastic, like 50 Shades of Drivel.

Well the Book Description used for the Kickstarter is taken from the prologue of the novel. How much of a preview were you looking for?

@ Con, thanks man. I can always count on my writing buddy! ;) Oh, and thanks for the sharing of my post on FB!

An excerpt from the book might help. Currently, we have no idea whether it's going to be something we're interested in reading, or a book filled with the ravings of a half blind raging spastic, like 50 Shades of Drivel.

Ok, ask and you shall receive! I updated the Kickstarter page with the full prologue and a remade copy of the Aerynth map. This will be split in 2 and used on the inside front and back covers of the Limited Edition hardback version of the novel.

Check it out! http://kck.st/1vUBTpx

Even though a diversity suit of this nature is highly unlikely to be filed by the Chinese, be careful.  Fan fiction doesn't violate copyright as long as you aren't making a profit.  The fact your KS implies you will be continuing to sell the books after the KS ends (i.e. profiting - no longer just covering production) might cause issues.

But, on the other hand, good luck to Changyou trying to litigate across the Pacific loooooooooooool  Considering how small your operation is, you're essentially damage proof.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Even though a diversity suit of this nature is highly unlikely to be filed by the Chinese, be careful.  Fan fiction doesn't violate copyright as long as you aren't making a profit.  The fact your KS implies you will be continuing to sell the books after the KS ends (i.e. profiting - no longer just covering production) might cause issues.

But, on the other hand, good luck to Changyou trying to litigate across the Pacific loooooooooooool  Considering how small your operation is, you're essentially damage proof.

Yup, not worried about them. Just trying to raise funds for my novel and get it published. 

getting published isnt so hard. I had a book published in fcking grade 1. It was awfull and by a 6 year old but mih. the only published thing i wrote that any person purchsed was a biography of some 89 year dude when i was 14.

ezgzn8.jpg

Made a pledge.  Hope you get your funding!

Awesome, thank you! I did see 2 new pledges recently. I am redesigning the Kickstarter page this week and adding a more personal video. Almost to the halfway point but only @ 19& funding. At least the cover art is almost done and then I hit the local news channels.  B)

Thanks again for backing this project!

Good luck getting ChangYou to reply or acknowledge SB period. Outside of their original page they posted years ago, they have made no reference (nor replied to any emails) about Shadowbane. I agree with one of the previous comments that they bought it and buried it, which is probably what UBI wanted.

I just was trying to search if changyou.com had anything shadowbane related on it and I couldn't find any references to shadowbane or world of shadowbane on their site anymore. 

I just was trying to search if changyou.com had anything shadowbane related on it and I couldn't find any references to shadowbane or world of shadowbane on their site anymore. 

Yup, like I said... dead and buried.

Hey Otlichno! How's it going?