Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
willwill

Progression? Camelot Unchained & Crowfall Comparison

If crowfall reaches 2 million dollars on kickstarter. I'll give away my $425 tier .it's not pulling in 1.1 more million dollars, in fact a lot of the bigger backers i expect to pull out at the end.

Dibs!!

Since you are running with the wrong definition for "instance", it's not too surprising that you also have the wrong definition for "hardcore".

So you're saying EK's won't be instanced and connected to the campaign that you're in where everyone else can join and leave whenever they feel like it, and as they please ? And there is no zoning between the two or does it have a special connected corridor we've not been told about? 

I personally don't enjoy being on premade factions.  I want to have the freedom of picking the people I am allied with.  And if they piss me off...kill them. 

Intellectual honesty is an applied method of problem solving, characterized by an unbiased, honest attitude, which can be demonstrated in a number of different ways:

• One's personal beliefs do not interfere with the pursuit of truth;
  • Relevant facts and information are not purposefully omitted even when such things may contradict one's hypothesis;
  • Facts are presented in an unbiased manner, and not twisted to give misleading impressions or to support one view over another;
  • References, or earlier work, are acknowledged where possible, and plagiarism is avoided.

The premise is simple and it is being done this way because there is no other way to do it. If these worlds didn't die you'd have 1 faction at the top forever.

Main reason for EKs:

"Big Apple" mentality = More buildings, more people, more opportunity, attract more people to join in later campaigns

Big kingdom = don't have to leave to trade resources

Small kingdom = you need to travel

People are getting caught up in why this and why that, carebear this and EK's that, but its about going in and killing people for fun, the real reason we are here. EKs could easily be dropped but they also want to give you some feel of permanence and the ability to socialize, instead of suspending you in a lobby like Diablo 2. All in all you may adopt the thinking that you do not exist outside of the dying worlds if that helps you move forward with the thinking about EKs imo.

Personally i don't like them but i see their overall purpose as a social tool for successful campaigning. - I am more the small group-loner who enjoys going out and being a brigand on a road somewhere. >:3

If crowfall reaches 2 million dollars on kickstarter. I'll give away my $425 tier .it's not pulling in 1.1 more million dollars, in fact a lot of the bigger backers i expect to pull out at the end.

You can probably predict the lottery as well, so $425 isn't a big deal  :rolleyes: But I'll take it off your hands if it does...

I don't understand the hostility or venom between these two player bases, Camelot Unchained and Crowfall. I've seen it on multiple forums and it makes absolutely no sense, most the time one group is trolling the other's forum whilst wishing the game will go down the drain. It's not like if one game goes out the other one will prosper, there's a reason those players didn't back the other game.

Why can't we all just hope for the best? Want both games to prosper and be entertaining for their specific crowd? Is there something wrong with another person having fun, especially when it doesn't effect you?

That aside I feel that Crowfall and Camelot unchained target two completely different audiences or subsets of such, and that comparing them is rather pointless. 

So you're saying EK's won't be instanced and connected to the campaign that you're in where everyone else can join and leave whenever they feel like it, and as they please ? And there is no zoning between the two or does it have a special connected corridor we've not been told about? 

An instance allows multiple groups of players to co-exist in seemingly identical cloned zones. These do not exist in Crowfall.

Zoning loading screens have literally nothing to do with whether something is an instance or not.

To me this is all semantics. Beyond seamless mega server games (no phasing or loading or anything), "instancing" happens in some shape or form. Be it different carbon copy servers or worlds acting a lobby for PVE/PVP content or whatever other design is typically found in online games.

Regardless of what we might call an instance, not sure why it matters. Instances like so many other game features are demonized, but it seems to have a lot more to do with the overall game design and how they are utilized then the simple fact of there being zones/loading, short/long term content, unique or carbon copy content, etc.

If an individual has a set of ideals for what makes a game good or not, and a game doesn't match, that doesn't make the game terrible, simply not ideal for the individual. I can point out a list of flaws in any game, just as I can point out great things. Cherry picking and focusing on 1 feature or several to make a game sound like a bad concept isn't doing anyone a favor.

I don't understand the hostility or venom between these two player bases, Camelot Unchained and Crowfall. 

I agree, it's silly.  I'm backing both, I will play both.  I personally think Crowfall will be the better of the two games, and I expect to spend a lot more time playing Crowfall, but there is no reason to pick one game and ignore the other- I'll absolutely give CU a fair shot and play it as long as it's fun.

My solution: backed both projects. 

One of them should turn out okay, so why risk it?

Greatswords for Frostweavers 2015! For great justice! And swords.

P.S. I like swords.

EK's are nothing. You don't even have to step into one ever at all when playing. The end goal is win your current campaign and get good stuff with which to win your next campaign. You can definitely lose your fortress that you're living in during a Campaign if a stronger force takes it down.

Dang you're an Icy Witch.

I don't understand the hostility or venom between these two player bases, Camelot Unchained and Crowfall. I've seen it on multiple forums and it makes absolutely no sense, most the time one group is posting the other's forum whilst wishing the game will go down the drain. It's not like if one game goes out the other one will prosper, there's a reason those players didn't back the other game.

Why can't we all just hope for the best? Want both games to prosper and be entertaining for their specific crowd? Is there something wrong with another person having fun, especially when it doesn't effect you?

That aside I feel that Crowfall and Camelot unchained target two completely different audiences or subsets of such, and that comparing them is rather pointless. 

But Mario > Zelda.... Lets fight about it cause we are all hardcore!

Regardless of what we might call an instance, not sure why it matters. Instances like so many other game features are demonized, but it seems to have a lot more to do with the overall game design and how they are utilized then the simple fact of there being zones/loading, short/long term content, unique or carbon copy content, etc.

It matters because an instance, based on the the proper definition of the word, splits up the population for no good reason. You might have 500 players in "King's Woodlands" zone- if the game is instanced, it could well be that the 500 players are spread between 25 difference instances, with only 20 or so players in each. In a non-instanced game, if there are 500 players in one zone they are all going to able to interact.

In either case, whether or not there is a loading screen for "King's Woodlands" is irrelevant, it's not part of the definition of what makes an instance an instance. There could be a loading screen and all players share one zone, or there could be a seamless transition in which characters are segregated into different instances (world zoning on WoW).

It matters because an instance, based on the the proper definition of the word, splits up the population for no good reason. You might have 500 players in "King's Woodlands" zone- if the game is instanced, it could well be that the 500 players are spread between 25 difference instances, with only 20 or so players in each. In a non-instanced game, if there are 500 players in one zone they are all going to able to interact.

In either case, whether or not there is a loading screen for "King's Woodlands" is irrelevant, it's not part of the definition of what makes an instance an instance. There could be a loading screen and all players share one zone, or there could be a seamless transition in which characters are segregated into different instances (world zoning on WoW).

I don't disagree, but we aren't all going to agree on the "proper" definition of the word so debating over it is pointless. Even if we did, some people actually like 20 per zone or whatever. Just because you and I might not, doesn't make it bad, looking at all the most popular games, seems plenty love "instances" in every shape and form. Keep seeing the same logic/argument being used that CF campaigns and or EKs are lobby/instances and therefore it is bad. This is totally subjective and these continued circular discussions go no where.

Edited by Allein

An instance allows multiple groups of players to co-exist in seemingly identical cloned zones. These do not exist in Crowfall.

Zoning loading screens have literally nothing to do with whether something is an instance or not.

I agree with you. With most servers and such handling 3-4k at a time, there will be multiple servers for both games.  debating the definition as already said is pointless.

Some people are acting like the reset mechanic is some new brilliant idea when it already exists in both GW2 and ESO.

At the end of the day the those games function just like any other world pvp game where territory changes hands on a continual daily basis. There is a score counter and eventually someone is declared the winner but not many people really care that much on the vast majority of servers.

Crowfall has the hunger and voxel stuff, but I think people are putting way to much value on the reset. It will be very hard to keep people's attention focused on winning a 3 month campaign, especially if they are on the losing side after a week or two. That is an eternity in today's gaming market and people lose interest in the competitive side if it becomes a 24/7 endeavor.

The main difference is that Crowfall has servers that are GvG which has more room for politics. However this usually just turns into a single alliance vastly outnumbering everyone else and winning. In a 3 sided conflict without same faction killing it is much harder for 1 side to dominate 24/7.

The difference being that every time GW2 or ESO resets, it's the same map, same objectives, same rules.  Even within the same "ruleset" in CF, the map will change, being procedurally generated.  Just because you won last round by holding the Ubermine doesn't mean you know where it is right off the bat this round, nor even if there will be an Ubermine that will end up deciding the match.  Everyone will start off in the same Fog of War.

rSHxVEY.gif

I'm just curious why OP is even here, tbh.  I mean, I'm not registering on random asian-grinder #234 to **** and moan to their fans about how deficient I think their game is...  I don't get it.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png