Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bassa

Ace Please Give Us More Videos.

Dear ACE,

If it is possible can you please provide us with more video materials? I figured out many years ago thath the biggest amount of MMO players do not like to read and they need videos to confirm all the features they here. More gameplay videos would be awesome. It is becoming hard to convience people, I have many friends with whom I played different games from UO and they want to see more to back this project. Si if it is possible do it as soon as possible please.

Also can you please provide more info regarding the combat system? Is it going to be a real non-targer or a fake one (Tera, ESO and infinite number of korean games). This is really important for me and, I believe, many other players.

What the hell is the difference between real non-targers and fake ones?

Real non target is the system where you have to use prediction, where push the attack button while you hold the crosshair on your target doesn't mean that you will hit the target (Q1,2,3, CS, UT etc) and the fake one is ESO (Tera etc) aimbot fest games. 

If I had to guess, I'd say that we're gonna be in a slump when it comes to actual gameplay footage because they are so busy with Kickstarter, reworking the combat, etc.

7ug90hM.png

Dear ACE,

If it is possible can you please provide us with more video materials? I figured out many years ago thath the biggest amount of MMO players do not like to read and they need videos to confirm all the features they here. More gameplay videos would be awesome. It is becoming hard to convience people, I have many friends with whom I played different games from UO and they want to see more to back this project. Si if it is possible do it as soon as possible please.

There are so little videos of actual game footage or of the devs talking about the project and their vision.. if you guys make more vids I bed you guys will get more $$ :)

Even if you take a Thank you video from the team and encourage people to pledge again this really helps kickstarters. It doesn't have to be all pro.. use your iphones/galaxy phones. W/E just give us people something to throw money at.

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

Si if it is possible do it as soon as possible please.

Slow your role a little cowboy, we are two years from release and you want more video? What we saw is already pre alpha mock up work. I don't care if they keep quite until a month before the release. The game isn't out yet and it won't be for a while. Staying excited for a whole two years is for those of us that really want to see this game. They should start really releasing video of features closer to launch so people can get excited then and actually buy it based on what they are actually getting. Be supporting not demanding.

Slow your role a little cowboy, we are two years from release and you want more video? What we saw is already pre alpha mock up work. I don't care if they keep quite until a month before the release. The game isn't out yet and it won't be for a while. Staying excited for a whole two years is for those of us that really want to see this game. They should start really releasing video of features closer to launch so people can get excited then and actually buy it based on what they are actually getting. Be supporting not demanding.

The goal was to increase the amount of backers, and for now it is not enough info out there. Now it is not like "supporting not demanding" but "believing". I do believe in devs but most of possible backers need to see something real and not just a concept.

Then you miss the concept of what Kickstarter actually is. Your heart is in the right place, but what you need right now is patience, trust and confidence.

and marketing.. videos..........

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

haha I like it. I want some videos too bud. I do too.

I was looking at some of the video games that raised 2mil - 3mil+ on kickstarter. They have 16, 20 videos.. even if it's bull s### updates and ideas they have for lore.. or the backstory to a specific class or race. people ate that stuff up. It shows they are trying.. (not to say ACE isnt trying) but to outside eyes it just shows more commitment. Sure the main video looks so pro and UncleBob looked amazing.. but give us some sketches that tell a story.. poorly made socks, take a screen shot and talk over a still frame for 2-3 minutes. I know myself and people will love it.. and many more people will donate that much more for it. It really doesn't take much effort.

Take a screen shot, write a script. Press record use the screen shot as a background and bam.. video. Not really much on the graphical/video side of things but at least we can hear the passion in your or your team's voice when you deliver the message..

OQa1xvz.png?1

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I can understand trying to save money for actual development, but marketing is very important for the project, that's where the money comes from. Without regular content published during the campaign it risks just leveling out at the current funding level, who wants that ?!

Edited by Mookzen

I was looking at some of the video games that raised 2mil - 3mil+ on kickstarter.

I suppose all I can say is that I don't care about those other games. The game is funded already, anything else is gravy. Let the alpha come out and it will generate buzz. Work on the game nothing else and deliver a good product. People will buy it. People have already bought it. The devs talk to us about what's happening here on the forums and have done numerous interviews and E3 is around the corner. Everything is fine and the ship is sailing. I think maybe some camera phone stuff popping up on twitter now and then wouldn't hurt though.

ACE are still debating the combatmechanics, so its highly unlikely we will see any sort of gameplayfootage outside the pretty stuff in the KS video anytime soon.

Let them finish tweaking the combat before we make them rush something just to show it off ^^

Real non target is the system where you have to use prediction, where push the attack button while you hold the crosshair on your target doesn't mean that you will hit the target (Q1,2,3, CS, UT etc) and the fake one is ESO (Tera etc) aimbot fest games. 

I don't get it, you have to aim your attacks in TERA as far as I played it.

There was already a huge post about the combat they showed, it was call "Wildstars telegraphs" or something like that.

They explained that they will focus on making the animations good enough that the telegraph wont be needed. The gameplay will be like TERA but as far as I understood from the devs, there will be less animation locks and the combat will be more fast paced at the start.

About range, there will be crosshair, they talked about beeing able to aim in a 3 axis based combat.

I think they don't release more videos about combat because there is nothing worth showing yet, I rather wait some weeks than seeing another video with the gameplay on the trailer.

Either way they could show a video of other mechanics, maybe some destruction, but the combat, I don't think is worth to show anything at this point.

ACE are still debating the combatmechanics, so its highly unlikely we will see any sort of gameplayfootage outside the pretty stuff in the KS video anytime soon.

Let them finish tweaking the combat before we make them rush something just to show it off ^^

That's the best way to put it I think.

Then you miss the concept of what Kickstarter actually is. Your heart is in the right place, but what you need right now is patience, trust and confidence.

I Supported this project with an Amber and Saphire pledge because I want the ideas and belief in the genre to see the light of day.  I look at my $750.00 as a risk and even if this game flops, the work they have done will move the whole Genre forward to the next level.  I look at my gaming as a long term thing, not just this game.  I will be ecstatic if these guys can pull off success.  I will be equally as excited for the next game company who uses what these guys have created and expand upon it further.

In a Nutshell, my investment in this game was for the future of gaming...

Edited by nakawe