Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maximporsche

Different Factions In One Guild?

Is it going to be possible to have different factions in one guild? or will the guilds be restricted to one faction? Can a order player be in a guild with chaos or balance players? sorry if this has been asked already i couldn't find it.

I cant imagine a working society without various factions. Nearly no society is truly pure. Question is: How would what make sense within the aimed gameplay details?

I see/would like something like this:

Guildmaster can choose during guild creation (and maybe change later with some restrictions)

- Divine Faction Mode:

• Pure: One divine faction (order, balance, chaos). Member cant join/stay if they dont follow this way. 100% faction bonus.
  • Riven: Two divine factions. 40% bonusses of both factions.
  • Open: All three divine factions. 20% bonusses of all factions.

- Prefered God Status:

• All the same. But you can only choose gods, who are part of your choosen divine faction(s). The more Gods you choose, the less are the guild-bonusses your guildmembers get from each god.

If your guild fights in the infected zone (3 divine factions), your member only can work together, if they follow the same faction. Could mean that an open guild would be split and had to fight against itself. I like this idea. But maybe players could decide to fight for a different faction but their own (but then with a given handicap).

However. As we can play different zones, where the 3 divine factions or the 12 gods or the guilds or every player can fight against each other, i dont think that it is planned to restrict guilds to only one faction or deity. It just wouldnt make sense.  

Unfortunately, until we are given more information about the roll of the gods, everything on the subject is speculation.

I have been searching the Q&As for anything about if a chosen god is account-locked, character-locked or have any meaning beyond factions but so far have found only sigils and lore. (>If anyone knows of a dev answer I may have overlooked please leave a link).

What a strange question!

I'm assuming the Shadows are for guild warfare and all other campaigns are not, meaning your guild allegiance won't matter in these worlds. It would be pointless to force guilds into a faction in God's Reach or the Infected.

I'm guessing with all the worlds that guilds can have members with each god/faction alignment but these members will not be able to play together in *God's reach and The Infected* Unless they are all aligned to the same god/ faction. so you'll probs see guilds forming who preffer one good/faction so they can play together in each type of campaign.

Edited by Sephirothbe

...obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken. "***** ******"
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. "Alexander the Great"

I suspect that faction/deity membership will be selected per-campaign or per guild rather than permanently per character; otherwise, characters would have too little flexibility about changing guilds.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

It's almost a definite yes that your entire guild will need to play in the same faction or for the same god. All games with PvP and factions work that way simply because you're trying to beat the other factions, so you can't have the enemy be in your own guild. It would probably create technical issues (are they red to you if they're in your guild?), but it also allows players to cheat. The question remains, will these choices be locked to your character or are they chosen upon joining a campaign.

It's almost a definite yes that your entire guild will need to play in the same faction or for the same god. All games with PvP and factions work that way simply because you're trying to beat the other factions, so you can't have the enemy be in your own guild. It would probably create technical issues (are they red to you if they're in your guild?), but it also allows players to cheat. The question remains, will these choices be locked to your character or are they chosen upon joining a campaign.

Sure it would make sense if you have your entire guild play under 1God, But if they have every guild exist of only One god it would siriously limit the player basse that you can chose from for your guild, There is 12 Gods that fight eachother, or 3Factions. Servers would look very empty unless there are a few thousand players for each god.

I think its good that you can play under a diferent god in a guild, You can still play with your guildys in the GvG world, and Slaughter them in the God vs God world meaning Zerg guilds would be less zerg.

...obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken. "***** ******"
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. "Alexander the Great"

I would assume that allegiances are entirely fluid. When a guild goes into a campaign, they will chose a god/faction to fight for and than they serve it for the remainder of, or just the beginning the campaign(which means that the same guild can serve multiple gods/factions over different campaigns). I believe this will be the case because due to the niche nature of Crowfall, there is no reason to arbitrarily split the community.

Furthermore, fluidity allows for betrayal to be more viable (when you betray someone, it makes no sense to continue to serve the same god/faction for the campaign)

Edited by TragicNumberOne

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?