Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vstubbs

Why Haven't You Backed Yet?

Your comment is like saying "Perhaps I will like eating garlic scorpion tails and roasted crickets - I should eat them because anyone can enjoy any food if they're just open to it.  I'll use my imagination!" 

I don't see how you can say that this: "Perhaps none of us will know if we will have fun until we actually play it?   And then again some can make anything be fun.   Imagination isn't hard coded into the game." = what you said.      I'd say that your first sentence matches; however, the rest does not.  I think its more like, Perhaps I will like eating garlic scorpion tails and roasted crickets - some can make any food taste great.  Taste isn't always because of the food. (cook it right & something gross could be good I.E. broccoli vs broccoli with cheese)

I don't see how you can say that this: "Perhaps none of us will know if we will have fun until we actually play it?   And then again some can make anything be fun.   Imagination isn't hard coded into the game." = what you said.      I'd say that your first sentence matches; however, the rest does not.  I think its more like, Perhaps I will like eating garlic scorpion tails and roasted crickets - some can make any food taste great.  Taste isn't always because of the food. (cook it right & something gross could be good I.E. broccoli vs broccoli with cheese)

well Mal as usual well said.  But the meaning is LOST on some.  There are some things I had never tried before moving to Bama like grits ewwwwww   but you know what w/ sugar and butter they aren't half bad.  But I had to try them first  ( READ THAT be open minded )

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

well Mal as usual well said.  But the meaning is LOST on some.  There are some things I had never tried before moving to Bama like grits ewwwwww   but you know what w/ sugar and butter they aren't half bad.  But I had to try them first  ( READ THAT be open minded )

Haha, nobody eats plain grits down here.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

99% of these are single player small games. I can't think of any game that of this scale that has been made by a small team in the last ten years, can you?

How can one person make combat awesome with twelve different archetypes in less than 2 years? hope I'm wrong and they have a small team on just on combat.

Bigger is not always better.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.. and gerbils on crowcaine."

(cook it right & something gross could be good I.E. broccoli vs broccoli with cheese)

*Gaaaaasp*

That's it mal, you're off the Christmas list!

I love it and I was born in Philly....although polenta is still better than grits. :)

Now see?  Polenta I know.  Originally from NY :)

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

We'll be working on combat throughout the next 20+ months, what you can see today is very pre-alpha.  The nature of combat is to iterate on both the feel and the balance issues in concert and it always takes many months to get it right.  Quite often teams mock something up to make it look good, which has very little to do with how it actually plays.  We're going to focus on how it plays first and foremost, and our alpha and beta tests are a big part of getting player feedback on the choices we make in this area.  We don't expect it to be perfect immediately, but with iteration, we hope to get to great before we launch.

That's great. the carrot is not the monthly character progression though - it's the main content with focus on PvP, and voxel with destructible castles/towers, villages, and player economy with crafting which is great.

I supported Crowfall because it's the CORNERSTONE MMO of ALL MMOS. It started in Ultima Online. If we can spread the words and maybe use some funds on advertisement - we might reach trade caravans  which is vital for the core game play in my opinion. I've personal spent 50+ hours to spread the words in other games like World of Tanks. 

Because those players never read IGN news about the latest developlment.  ^_^

Edited by Mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

I hate grits and I was born in Alabama.

I've been drinking and I totally read that wrong. Thought you said "girls" not "grits" and then wondered how that was related to Alabama in particular...

I've been drinking and I totally read that wrong. Thought you said "girls" not "grits" and then wondered how that was related to Alabama in particular...

Those  "southern belles"  can get pretty rough, just sayin

You build a game by building a game. ... At the beginning of a project, you know the general vector that you want to head in.  This is the "vision" of the game. 

With a vision in hand, like a map to the New World, you set sail.   You don't wait for a map that doesn't exist.  You don't even have the food stores to make it.  You take the leap knowing that you will figure it out.

In our case, we have a vision that I feel is unquestionably fertile ground for innovation.  We have a high-level architecture that is a fantastic foundation, and a design architecture that lends itself to an unprecedented level of flexibility and iteration.  We have collected a motley crew that has as much experience as any other team on the planet.

...but the details aren't all in focus, yet.  No team has done this before, so it will take some exploration.  As the fog of war pulls back, we'll have to course correct.  The deeper we go, the more we will know and the better decisions we can make.

Effectively, backing us means that you are joining us on this adventure.  You want to stand on the deck of the ship with us, cutting through the fog to see what's out there.  It could be a city of gold!  It could be dragons!  (I'm hoping for mermaids, personally.)  

Whatever is out there, we're going to find out.  Not by talking about it.  Not by waiting.  Not by watching other people do it first.

We'll find out by doing it.  That's the call to adventure.  

I want to sail too! I want to be on the deck with you guys, to scream at the waves, to stare at the majestic clouds.

p7LaJYJ.jpg?1

Per JTC's remarks: "...but the details aren't all in focus, yet.  No team has done this before, so it will take some exploration.  As the fog of war pulls back, we'll have to course correct.  The deeper we go, the more we will know and the better decisions we can make."

This is exactly why CF appeals to me. Every month or two, I will get to launch into a whole new CF world and peel back the fog to see what the world has to offer.

I'm backing CF as if contributing to the commission of art... and my hope is to play inside that art for hours upon hours.

LW_sig_concept3_zps7zqmgbno.jpg

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/  The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home.

I want to sail too! I want to be on the deck with you guys, to scream at the waves, to stare at the majestic clouds.

p7LaJYJ.jpg?1

I was disturbed by this.  Not sure why.   Might have been the screaming at the waves lol : )  I know you're excited but dang........

Edited by ellie

I was disturbed by this.  Not sure why.   Might have been the screaming at the waves lol : )  I know you're excited but dang........

I want to travel aboard a sailboat eventually, and I've been thinking about this a lot for the last few days. I find amusing that they use this metaphore : play Crowfall and sail on the sea.  :D

Edited by courant101

I want to travel aboard a sailboat from Canada to Israel, eventually, and I've been thinking about this a lot for the last few days. I find amusing that they use this metaphore : play Crowfall and sail on the sea.  :D

That's a mighty long trip across a mighty large ocean in a relatively little vessel to go to a fairly dangerous place ( at least right now ) in the world.   I guess you are an adventurer.  Good for you!   I hope you do that and do it safely.  Just........ keeps the screams to a minimum, you scared the hell outta me :)

Edited by ellie

I personally haven't backed because I am done giving money to titles pre-alpha at more than AAA box prices to really make your buck get some bang.

Once the team has a solid beta product to actually familiarize myself with, than they can have some $$$ out of the win pile. The other problem facing pay/fund to have access to Alpha titles in the burn out factor after you have been essentially playing a title off again and on again for a year plus and most the awe factor is just gone.

I know it's really hard to look at things with an open mind, but we're still knee deep in development and this is just a very early first pass to help our other systems move along. 

Only for close minded people...

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png