Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
the purple captain

For the love of all thing holy add a good stealth system.

I just want a way to slow down game play and use my head rather then charging in. Like if this is a war let me go and hit the enemy from behind with a bow while a different group slashes them up from the front. Let an assassin actually be a problem that would have to dealt with. Don't make it so that you have the title assassin but the gameplay is just like a warrior but with bleed attacks! Make it worthwhile, hard at first and but really rewarding. Off topic But I also would really like the ability to play as a female so I don't have to play as an opposite gender character!

This depends on how they show information. If a character's name/guild tag is displayed this would work. Black Desert made this thing that if you crouched, your name and tag would disappear and not be visible. You could also crawl on the ground, making it able for you to hide in the grass.

I don't want to see a "stealth" ability. Like in Rogue classes. Not only is it not fun on the non-stealther, but it's not challenging to play a sneaky character. Being able to sneak around should be challenging, not using a stealth ability that makes you impossible to detect.

This depends on how they show information. If a character's name/guild tag is displayed this would work. Black Desert made this thing that if you crouched, your name and tag would disappear and not be visible. You could also crawl on the ground, making it able for you to hide in the grass.

I don't want to see a "stealth" ability. Like in Rogue classes. Not only is it not fun on the non-stealther, but it's not challenging to play a sneaky character. Being able to sneak around should be challenging, not using a stealth ability that makes you impossible to detect.

That is not always the case that a Rogue in "stealth" is not able to be detected. In Shadowbane most Mages and all Rogues had a stealth ability however there was 3 classes that had a built in Track ability (Ranger, Huntress and Scout) and the Warrior class had access to 2 discipline runes that gave a shorter ranged version of the Ranger/Huntress/Scout track. On top of that the Scout class had the ability to see any stealther through a skill, a person in stealth if hit with an Aoe automatically was revealed (actually if they took any damage they couldn't stealth) so most casters and some melee had a way to pop out stealthers and if trained even the Warriors could see most mages in stealth.and attack them.

It all depends on if and how classes are made in the game. You can implement full stealth and have it not be overpowering like in Shadowbane or you can have it broken like in GW2 where you have no way to track or reveal.

Gonna side with kino on this one. I can only suspend so much disbelief. that guy 10 feet in front of me is invisible. and it's not a spell? they just do that. right there, no bending light so maybe if squint but like to me he's just not there. Impossibru

1. No minimap or radar.
  2. No tab targeting
  3. NPCs respect line of sight
  4. plenty of cover
  5. Character movement at low stance
  6. Armor in low-saturation with natural patterms 

and you have non-fake stealth

Can always count on BBC to catch the little details  ;)

Looking for Crowfall RP? Join us at https://eatcrow.slack.com/. Details here.