Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
patski14

Necromancers?

Devs, any plans on necromancers, Of the 12 archetypes, I can't see one who is fitting to have a nerco promootional class.

:(  :(  :(

Is it vital that you get a class that is called necromancer?

Or are you looking to play a class that have some mechanics from a necromancer class you have played other places?

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Is it vital that you get a class that is called necromancer?

Or are you looking to play a class that have some mechanics from a necromancer class you have played other places?

Summoning your own undead army and inflicting debuffs to your foes + dark magic, What is their to not love? 

Summoning your own undead army and inflicting debuffs to your foes + dark magic, What is their to not love? 

Controlling the forces of Hunger against the Hunger would be very interesting. It could be a promotion for confessors too. Who didn't confess while alive might be willing to tell more once they are dead. I can imagine similar promotion for frostweaver too, since death and cold walk hand in hand.

So, pets and debuffs?

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Yes, this game lacks of necromancer.

And a class with a pet too. Maybe he can be ranged, while his animal can attack at melee.

And something that puts totems that gives boons too.

And maybe something like a shadow healer.

And somethign that is a tank a healer or a dps all togheter.

And a class that can transform itself in animals, like a wolf, a bear or a panter.

And a master in martial arts.

Damn, this would be so cool, I wish a game already had some of  this clases.

This will probally be adressed (at least i hope it will...) there is a distinct lack of "high magic" casters in the archtypes and i wait for a "magus" archtype complete with Necromancer(undeady), Sorceror(summony), and elementalist (boomy) or Archmagus(generalist) advanced classes... this would make crowfall jump into the tier i have reserved for my favorite games of all time... I keep it VERY Close to my heart

To be fair, I think there is a lack of decent monk/brawler class in mmos these days.

And Buffer wizards, not like those that bow shiet up all way long, more like a suport wizard that buffs the team with elemental stuff /damage reduciton and so.

I would love a real Necromancer, but I think it might be too annoying if you are able to raise an army of minions and they all have collision detection. You'd be able to block people like crazy with a zerg of Necromancers.

The other alternative is a "watered down" Necromancer with maybe only 2-3 different pets and poison/ethereal attacks and different curses.

7ug90hM.png

Would like to see it... in the future.

I have never seem a good necro character in any MMO game. Either they are too OP or they are too weak. I mean if you can bring dozens of "pets" they should all be cannon fodder. If you bring a high class undead (roughly equal to player) you are too OP. The fact that pets AI always suck doesnt help at all.

Imagine a player bringing dozens of risens (blue zombies mobs) at once. It is a weak mob, but it would require multiple players to fight it properly. Meaning you already have to group to fight one necro player with a weak (and stupid) pet. Now imagine group fights with one necro in each team, that would be chaotic.

Edited by BarriaKarl

There is already crafting profession called necromancy, so chances for same named archetype are rather small.

But! IF there would ever be an archetype capable of summoning undead units (maybe it could be a discipline acquired by assigning special runes, or by using special artifact like -i don't know - some kind of stone mask for example...) there should be strong counter for it. Like for example proud warrior who draws his power from total body control achieved by very strict breathing technique to smite rapidly foes with his bare fists empowered with pure life energy...*

* <-To be continued

Edited by Vontariel

I would love to see a class that can summon npcs to fight for them. Only reason i don't say necromancer, is because i could also see the class being something else such as a Summoner or Conjuror. A class that could specialize in summoning though i would like. I usually play a pet class in most MMOs so i would love to see a archetype that focuses around summoning creatures or undead to fight for them. I just got caught up to an extent of how the game will work but having an archetype that is a summoner then have paths of which summoning you would want to follow would be nice.