Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roxfall

Why No Pledge Tiers With Extra Copies Of The Game Or Beta Codes?

Even games on steam that feature co-op often sell themselves in packs (Gauntlet, Divinity: Original Sin, Dungeon Defenders). This game should be doing this too. Because friendship and community!

Greatswords for Frostweavers 2015! For great justice! And swords.

P.S. I like swords.

I understand what you are saying, but I still feel like it might be tricky wording.

While I may have both a digital copy and a physical copy, they do not mention that I get one account per copy.  For all I know, the digital copy corresponds to the account that the physical copy gives.

I think we only get one account per pledge, despite the physical copy.  I wish Artcraft would clarify, but they are at San Francisco.  I miss them.

Just tweet them.

They are high on KS AND on being at a con, so they are a bit silly.

Even games on steam that feature co-op often sell themselves in packs (Gauntlet, Divinity: Original Sin, Dungeon Defenders). This game should be doing this too. Because friendship and community!

Man, friendship is everything.

Til one of them puts a dagger in your back.

NEVER AGAIN!

Edited by Cirolle

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Just tweet them.

They are high on KS AND on being at a con, so they are a bit silly.

Man, friendship is everything.

Til one of the puts a dagger in your back.

NEVER AGAIN!

Dayman... ohaaaaaahhhhhhh

Just tweet them.

-snip-

I don't have a twitter account D;

It seems to me that the wording's not tricky, and you folks are just being cynical.

I prefer to call myself cautious.  I do not mean ill will, I'm simply insecure about the details.

Edited by sneaky_squirrel

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Cautious isn't really the word I'd use. You're working yourself up over something that's not really that big of a deal. Yeah, they don't specifically say "Additional Copy", but they also don't specifically say "Upgrade". What they do say is that you get a Physical Collector's Edition plus all previous rewards, one of which is a digital copy of the game. If you can't take that at face value, then so be it.

Did you consider that the reason they didn't say "Additional Copy" anywhere is because they didn't want people to think they'd be getting three copies (Basic Digital Copy + Additional Copy + Collector's Edition)?

Edited by endrak

A few notes/answers:

- it's actually impossible to adjust your existing rewards after you launch your KS. We can add new tiers, but you can't change old ones.

- the custom (maybe it's even a KS rule..? Tully would know for sure) in KS is to have each reward tier include all the previous rewards. That made it tricky, because if we added a bonus copy, suddenly we have a bunch of bonus copies going out that would increase the cost of upper tiers, to charge for extra copies of the game that people might or might not even want. Bleh.

- we could put an "add on" for another copy for $40, I guess? But the interface for add-one is kind of clunky, and hard to manage on the back end.

TLD;DR version:

we talked about it, and it didn't seem to fit nicely in the reward tier structure, so we didn't do it. We'll talk about it again when we get back to the office, though - thanks for asking!

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Well, we can back on the paypal opportunity and Kickstarter, so that gets you a 2nd account for $30 instead of $40. And ACE keeps more of the money you spend on the PayPal copy. They just can't encourage you to hold back from the kickstarter, because of a contractual agreement. The mods might even have to delete this post.

by GordonWalton

5 hours ago in forum 

News & Announcements

in 

Why not add the two together while the KS campaign is going on? Other companies have done this before as well. Not criticizing, just trying to understand your reasoning. :)

They will both be shown on our website (that was asked for in this thread).  Mixing payments from other sources with our Kickstarter messaging, on the Kickstarter page is not appropriate in our view.  So the stretch goals need to go with the payment vector.

Offering PayPal is our trying to respond to a need the audience has brought to us, and not intended to undermine Kickstarter in any way.

Soon we will be reaching the level of top 20 computer game projects ever done on Kickstarter and we'd hope you would want to see how well Crowfall can do relative to so many other great games which were also crowdfunded.  Money outside of Kickstarter doesn't count against that.  Our climbing the ranks will create press attention and let more people know that Crowfall exists, which is a good thing!

And with $25 shipping fee on the PayPal offering, my big pledge will stay with Kickstarter.

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

A few notes/answers:

- it's actually impossible to adjust your existing rewards after you launch your KS. We can add new tiers, but you can't change old ones.

- the custom (maybe it's even a KS rule..? Tully would know for sure) in KS is to have each reward tier include all the previous rewards. That made it tricky, because if we added a bonus copy, suddenly we have a bunch of bonus copies going out that would increase the cost of upper tiers, to charge for extra copies of the game that people might or might not even want. Bleh.

- we could put an "add on" for another copy for $40, I guess? But the interface for add-one is kind of clunky, and hard to manage on the back end.

TLD;DR version:

we talked about it, and it didn't seem to fit nicely in the reward tier structure, so we didn't do it. We'll talk about it again when we get back to the office, though - thanks for asking!

Todd

ACE

How about having stuff like this as addons?

It says Physical Collector's Edition, +All Previous Rewards.

Pretty sure it would be one license of the game. It's "upgraded" to the Physical CE.

Edited by lethality

zjsbjmn.png

I'll bet a dollar we'll see exactly that on the website after the KS ends!

I'd much prefer for addons to be a part of the KS.

Announce the addons and what they cost in an update (and add the info the KS page), people add money to their pledges for the addons they want and then you just send out BackerKit surveys to sort it all out.

It removes the hassle of having to enter your card info twice for the same thing, it would make the Kickstarter total increase (which I imagine is good press) and BackerKit is just a really convenient tool for sorting stuff like that out (for backers and project creators both I imagine).

Announce the addons and what they cost in an update (and add the info the KS page), people add money to their pledges for the addons they want and then you just send out BackerKit surveys to sort it all out.

It removes the hassle of having to enter your card info twice for the same thing, it would make the Kickstarter total increase (which I imagine is good press) and BackerKit is just a really convenient tool for sorting stuff like that out (for backers and project creators both I imagine).

If other crowdfunded games like Star Citizen, Shroud of the Avatar or Camelot Unchained are any indication, most of the crowdfunding will occur on the web site through managing/upgrading pledges and purchasing add ons.

You will have to link your Kickstarter and Crowfall accounts anyway. so there will be admin work to be done. I think it makes the most sense on the web site since it gives them the most control over how to present and package it (and accept different payment sources like PayPal, etc.)

Plus I'm not sure how heavily you can modify a KS campaign that has already begun, based on what Todd said above. 

I'm sure they'll do whatever they can that makes sense to help people pledge, which of course in turn helps Crowfall :)

zjsbjmn.png

If other crowdfunded games like Star Citizen, Shroud of the Avatar or Camelot Unchained are any indication, most of the crowdfunding will occur on the web site through managing/upgrading pledges and purchasing add ons.

You will have to link your Kickstarter and Crowfall accounts anyway. so there will be admin work to be done. I think it makes the most sense on the web site since it gives them the most control over how to present and package it (and accept different payment sources like PayPal, etc.)

Plus I'm not sure how heavily you can modify a KS campaign that has already begun, based on what Todd said above. 

I'm sure they'll do whatever they can that makes sense to help people pledge, which of course in turn helps Crowfall :)

Yea, I suppose but CU did addons on their KS and I don't believe that it's something hard to work out.

They beauty of addons and BackerKit is that you don't actually have to modify the KS campaign. You just announce the addons and their costs, maybe add a graphic and/or list on the KS front page (which you can modify up until the campaign ends) and people add money to their pledges without changing the pledge levels. That's all for the Kickstarter side of the things. The rest of it is done through BackerKit.

For people who hang on the forums and are really into it this might not be strictly needed but I'd wager that there are some backers (especially at the lower levels) who sees the KS and the video, think it looks cool and pledge and then don't think to much about. They'll check out the updates when they pop up but other than that they don't engage much.

For these guys having the addons be part of the campaign and then using BackerKit to sort out the details may be the difference between a pledge total of $30-40 and one of $60-80.

Not that there's any great need to do this. We've hit the funding goal, we've almost hit the first stretch goal and we have more than half of the campaign left. I just think it might make the pace pick up a bit more and we'll get to see higher numbers on the KS, which is something I take overly amounts of joy from. :P

Also if people who are not yet backers see that one or more stretch goals have already been cleared it might make them more inclined to pledge, who knows?

It's all in the wording of the pledge tier on kickstarter. Unfortunately you went with "+ all previous rewards". Other campaigns did several tier chains by using something along "+ all rewards of tier_name_here". Just as info should you do another kickstarter in the future. ;)

Please use the addons for adding more beta keys (maybe alpha keys too, depends on which kind of alpha you'll be running).

This!

A few notes/answers:

Mr. J. Todd Coleman,

Any elaboration on the Amber+ levels? Is the collectors edition an extra copy or just a physical for funsies copy? If so, my wife might need to back too; however, I need an answer to be able to make that decision. Thank you for your time responding, hopefully this one can be cleared up as well!

Sorry, I meant to answer that one, too.

No, the physical collectors edition box is not an additional copy of the game.   It is meant to be a commemorative collectors item to go with your digital copy.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]