Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
icedern

Camelot Unchained

here's a bold prediction:

if you think, that both games have an equal chance of appealing to you, you will most likely end up at CU

That's the feeling I get too. 

Interesting assertion, mind explaining your reasoning?

VK hit the nail on the head.

Perhaps he believes that people who find CU and CF both equal in appeal are missing what is so great about CF and will ultimately gravitate towards CU because of it.

I don't see it as a right vs wrong or even a good vs bad MMO thing. CF will just offer something very specific and not everyone will be ok with it. We play games for fun and entertainment so no one can hold it against another for moving on to CU when more details come out and the CF vision is clarified. Well, clarified for those that aren't seeing the brutally fun PvP-Strategy MMO with an EK cherry on top being made.

This doesn't mean I want anyone to leave with out giving CF at least 1 campaign world post launch. Because that will be the true test for you all.

CU should be further along.

I tried the lil alpha.

the building looks alot like landmark except not as robust or functional

Char animations and movement are  meh

I ll keep watching...

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

I'm a backer on CU, but in the process of downgrading my level right now. The game looks promising if they could get past their internal issues, but I also think that it should be further along. A couple of guys in my guild are alpha level backers and they seem to share the same sentiment. We have begun to back CF as a guild and have an attitude of "we'll see what happens if/when CU gets released."

9e58b2ae2f9ac9f2904b5d4c33b609bb92d1a174

"Sharp alone, deadly together."

I appreciate that a game like CU is being made, and I think it is awesome that they are focusing so hard on large scale pvp.... I just don't see that being better than what CF is intending to offer though.... as we all know anything can happen in development though...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Different people will be looking for different things in a game. While there are some aspects of each game that are similar, there are enough differences and things being offered by each game that are unique from each other. Some people will like one, others both, and even still some who like neither and that's ok. Doesn't make them wrong or inferior, just different strokes for different folks.

Probably much unfair critic but that's why I backed Crowfall and not CU. Please dont rip me apart for not coating my opinion in silk.

I backed both. For a while I had both at the same level, but my bets are with CU and that's where more of my money went. Having played their alpha helped that.

After such a long time of MMO clones coming out, I'm happy there are choices now.

I backed both. For a while I had both at the same level, but my bets are with CU and that's where more of my money went. Having played their alpha helped that.

After such a long time of MMO clones coming out, I'm happy there are choices now.

I've backed both as well. I have not gotten to the point where I want to support one more than the other yet. They both offer some pretty exciting features.

mael4.jpg

I like so far what I've seen of Camelot Unchained. It has great potential and the development teams is sympathetic too. I might give the game a shot once it's out, but I'm more interested in Crowfall, because I prefer CF's campaign mechanics, art style, and lore.

Update: Myself and a few other guildies all got refunds out of CU.

CF is the better choice for us in our opinions, but we still are not opposed to giving it a looksie when beta hits.

Edited by Zim

IF CF doesn't pan out for whatever reason, then I will probably head to CU.  I am also keeping an eye on EQ Next.  I don't think I can do another quest grinding game, though, whatever the case.  I've been playing a little Tera recently, and while I do so love the combat, the questing is very tedious to me. 

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

EQnext could blow everything out of the water but it's tough to say because they've learned to keep a tight lid on things til they have something to show and we don't know how much of their vision they'll be able to build...

CU has a lot of good things going for it, I just wish it wasn't tab target, but I mean who knows what the landscape will be like when it launches, it might be worth checking out...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

EQnext could blow everything out of the water but it's tough to say because they've learned to keep a tight lid on things til they have something to show and we don't know how much of their vision they'll be able to build...

CU has a lot of good things going for it, I just wish it wasn't tab target, but I mean who knows what the landscape will be like when it launches, it might be worth checking out...

Yes--heck we could get 3 great games all about the same time. I really do think CF will be the game I prefer.  I don't like the look of CU which may sound nitpicky, but if I dislike the appearance of the characters that will visually burn me out over time (also huge skill bars I am not fond of).  EQ Next may be too much PvE/quest grind/WoW cloneish for my tastes, even with the voxels.  However, player made content/modifiable worlds is the wave of the future for MMOs, IMO.  We'll see...   

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus