Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Camelot Unchained

icedern

I backed both.  Crowfall got more of my money though.

I was considering both, but I like ACE's vision a little better and after I bled myself for 175 doll hairs in this game, I decided I probably won't be playing CU.

There doesn't seem to me to be the media hype behind CU either. I don't wanna get behind another dead MMO.

I backed both.  Crowfall got more of my money though.

I was considering both, but I like ACE's vision a little better and after I bled myself for 175 doll hairs in this game, I decided I probably won't be playing CU.

There doesn't seem to me to be the media hype behind CU either. I don't wanna get behind another dead MMO.

Elder Scrolls Online - Templar/Nightblade Mains      Guild Wars 2 - Necromancer/Thief Mains    http://www.twitch.tv/sommazzatore

I backed both of these but after doing some testing in both, I am more aesthetically drawn to Crowfall. I know shallow, but I am just having a hard time with some of the races in CU. DAoC was my first MMO ever, so of course I am always comparing. Nothing ever seems quite as good as the first time.

I backed both of these but after doing some testing in both, I am more aesthetically drawn to Crowfall. I know shallow, but I am just having a hard time with some of the races in CU. DAoC was my first MMO ever, so of course I am always comparing. Nothing ever seems quite as good as the first time.

Shallow or not, I am also not so wild about the look of CU, especially some of the races.  I forgot to mention that I am also still looking at Black Desert.  There are a lot of good things about that game already and it has some big potential.  Come to think of it, this may be the first time ever that I am looking forward to 4 MMOs that are probably going to hit all around the same time.  One of them has to be decent, right?  My bet is still on CF--conceptually, it has so many things "right" that I am very hopeful. 

Edited by Regulus

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

I never realized how stupid split body animations looked until I watched that video after playing the Crowfall pre-alpha. 

I never realized how stupid split body animations looked until I watched that video after playing the Crowfall pre-alpha.

Yeah that's why ace changed from their origional combat and went with locked animations so it would look better.

Look better while rooted or look silly with movement... I know which I'd rather have

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

Yeah that's why ace changed from their origional combat and went with locked animations so it would look better.

Look better while rooted or look silly with movement... I know which I'd rather have

Crowfall definitely needs some tweaking with animation speeds and lunges but I think they're off to a good start so far. Tera does fine with animation locks so I know it can be done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Way too early to say anything real about animations or graphics. Gotta wait until they implement non-placeholder versions.

That being said, I'd take mobility with a little bit of strange look over full animation locked moves.

CU is going for a really risky setup with a fair few never done before in an MMO things (CUBE, AIR, Full physics systems) but that could pay off if they manage to get it all working for launch. My concern is all that working with latency, CF is going a pretty safe route using an existing engine that works and not much that should be affected too badly by latency.

Right now I'm hedging my bets and have both CF and CU backed.

Edited by fxfighter

My bet is still on CF--conceptually, it has so many things "right" that I am very hopeful. 

After recent announcements I am actually looking a bit more closely at CU as well as Eternal Crusade.  They both have big potential, and EC has Orks--with Power Klaws... WAAAGH! 

I heavily lean towards CF because action combat is just so much better than tab-target. 

I hear that Black Desert has some very good combat, but I have yet to try it.  Of course, ultimately that game may end up a bit like Archeage. 

I hear that Black Desert has some very good combat, but I have yet to try it.  Of course, ultimately that game may end up a bit like Archeage. 

I kinda gave up on eastern mmos localized for the west... I do appreciate what CU is doing though... they are definitely taking some great old school elements and marrying them with new stuff.. but i feel like CF would have to mess up in so many ways for me to give the edge to CU...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I kinda gave up on eastern mmos localized for the west... I do appreciate what CU is doing though... they are definitely taking some great old school elements and marrying them with new stuff.. but i feel like CF would have to mess up in so many ways for me to give the edge to CU...

I appreciate ACE. CF may be a better game, but I have my doubts that it will be a better MMORPG at this point. 

I appreciate ACE. CF may be a better game, but I have my doubts that it will be a better MMORPG at this point. 

I guess it's actually pretty cool in a way because they can at least supplement each other and someone could play both for diff reasons and to get different fixes. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir