Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Camelot Unchained

icedern

I think it's interesting to look at the similarities between Camelot Unchained and Crowfall:

• Budget: ~$7 million
  • Focus: PvP / RvR  
  • Development started: 2013  
  • Estimated release date: End of 2016 (or later)  
  • Funding: Investment / crowdfunding  
  • Inspiration: Early 00's MMORPGs (SB & DAoC)  
  • Progression: Not PvE based  
  • Setting: Cataclysm / medieval fantasy  
  • Features: Structure destruction, physics, player-driven economy, shallow power curve  
Edited by courant101

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking forward to CU.  As some predicted, EQNext is now gone. I have no interest in Star Citizen. BDO, while great in some ways, is not a long term game for me, though it is one that I could revisit as they add too it.  So, for me, it's between CF, CU and EC (I will try all 3, of course). 

CU is 3 faction PvP, and personally, I think that is the way to go.  Specifically, IMO 3 faction open world PvP (no BGs or Arena) is the best conceived model for PvP to date.  Regardless, at this point, I am looking forward to all 3 games.  

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

I am looking forward to CU.  As some predicted, EQNext is now gone. I have no interest in Star Citizen. BDO, while great in some ways, is not a long term game for me, though it is one that I could revisit as they add too it.  So, for me, it's between CF, CU and EC (I will try all 3, of course). 

CU is 3 faction PvP, and personally, I think that is the way to go.  Specifically, IMO 3 faction open world PvP (no BGs or Arena) is the best conceived model for PvP to date.  Regardless, at this point, I am looking forward to all 3 games.  

3 faction PvP can be really interesting, especially if it allows very large battles with decent performances. What EC stands for?

3 faction PvP can be really interesting, especially if it allows very large battles with decent performances. What EC stands for?

Eternal Crusade.  Warhammer 40k tactical shooter with many MMO elements, that if successful, will become more MMOish as time goes on.

I had to search for it, too. Warhammer 40000: Eternal Crusade

I remember playing a very good Real time strategy title with this name as well. But this one Is an MMORPG With the same title it seems, very good idea.

I've come very close to pulling the trigger on a low end package. I just need a little push.

They are a very engaged, honest independent studio from what I can tell. I really think if you like the basic concept and gameplay, you not gonna be discouraged with supporting them for sure.

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

At first i wasnt into Star Citizen as well. But when I started to look closer into it, i just had to admit that it is amazing. Its real, its really much much more than just a space game. I first thought so too, but its really much much more than just that.

You really would have to have a huge dislike in Scifi, space, or gaming in general, for not being interested into Star Citizen. Its gonna be ground breaking, if they can deliver what they promised. Its gonna be basically a new era, there is gonna be a time in gaming before and after Star Citizen. The big pusblihers will get smacked right into the face with all their cheap lies, superficial attitude and selfish nature.

Its really really sad that Everquest Next was canceled.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

I've come very close to pulling the trigger on a low end package. I just need a little push.

Basic Builder Tier gives access to Beta 2... but because of the delays they are letting higher tiers into 1 spot lower in testing... So Beta 2 will get into Beta 1 testing that should start any day/week

MOkvLlm.png

Monthly sub and tag targetting combat is what's keeping me from pledging for CU. The fact they have delayed their beta and missed other deadlines so many times doesn't encourage me so much either. I mean, sure, I know the game will come out sooner or later. But that might be an indicator of how the game's maintenance and updates will be handled post-launch.

With that said, I'm still keeping an eye out for when the NDA drops. If their engine can really support several hundred players on screen without lag issues, that'd be quite a feat.  

• 4 weeks later...

I just dont understand what old DAoC players see in CU, my gaming needs have evolved.   Most the old DAoC players hyped about the game miss the great group vs group roaming fights... CU is focusing on Zerg fights really hard.   On top of that who really wants to go back to 100% dedicated class roles, with tab targeting that's low skill cap city right there.  RvR with three fixed factions, I have seen how that can snowball into being brutally outnumbered or worst being on the zerg server having a hard time finding people to fight.   It will be fun at the launch I'm sure, and Ill probably play Crowfall and CU, if CU is not a massive time sink.

Yeah I know seems like im hating, /shrug

I just dont understand what old DAoC players see in CU, my gaming needs have evolved.   Most the old DAoC players hyped about the game miss the great group vs group roaming fights... CU is focusing on Zerg fights really hard.   On top of that who really wants to go back to 100% dedicated class roles, with tab targeting that's low skill cap city right there.  RvR with three fixed factions, I have seen how that can snowball into being brutally outnumbered or worst being on the zerg server having a hard time finding people to fight.   It will be fun at the launch I'm sure, and Ill probably play Crowfall and CU, if CU is not a massive time sink.

Yeah I know seems like im hating, /shrug

Just be thankful there are tons of options for us pvpers in the not so distant future. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Just be thankful there are tons of options for us pvpers in the not so distant future. 

Yeah I know, I do hope CU is a decent game..... I just don't think Mark Jacobs will deliver he is a big idea hype master you cant really tell what the game will actually be the information is just walls of text promising the world.  Very closed off with information, again ill probably still play it especially at the start when everyone is in a free for all fight.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At first i wasnt into Star Citizen as well. But when I started to look closer into it, i just had to admit that it is amazing. Its real, its really much much more than just a space game. I first thought so too, but its really much much more than just that.

You really would have to have a huge dislike in Scifi, space, or gaming in general, for not being interested into Star Citizen. Its gonna be ground breaking, if they can deliver what they promised. Its gonna be basically a new era, there is gonna be a time in gaming before and after Star Citizen. The big pusblihers will get smacked right into the face with all their cheap lies, superficial attitude and selfish nature.

I have quite a bit of money invested in Star Citizen, and it does look absolutely stunning, but my gaming time is much more limited than it used to be and the complexity of Star Citizen intimidates me. That doesn't mean it won't be a great game, but I seriously doubt I'm going to be able to spend enough time playing to really enjoy it.

As for Camelot Unchained, it is the Kickstarter MMO project that I am most confident in. I have backed Crowfall, Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen, Shroud of the Avatar, Shards Online, and Chronicles of Elyria, and out of all those games I truly feel like Camelot Unchained is mostly likely to deliver what it has promised. I trust Mark Jacobs more than anyone leading that list of projects and he has been extremely transparent with every major decision that has been made. My only worry is whether the subscription model can sustain the game long term.

I have quite a bit of money invested in Star Citizen, and it does look absolutely stunning, but my gaming time is much more limited than it used to be and the complexity of Star Citizen intimidates me. That doesn't mean it won't be a great game, but I seriously doubt I'm going to be able to spend enough time playing to really enjoy it.

As for Camelot Unchained, it is the Kickstarter MMO project that I am most confident in. I have backed Crowfall, Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen, Shroud of the Avatar, Shards Online, and Chronicles of Elyria, and out of all those games I truly feel like Camelot Unchained is mostly likely to deliver what it has promised. I trust Mark Jacobs more than anyone leading that list of projects and he has been extremely transparent with every major decision that has been made. My only worry is whether the subscription model can sustain the game long term.

Personally, I am most confident about CF (speaking about transparency--you can't get much more transparent than ACE).  I'd like to see others do well, too.  However, there is going to be a lot of crowd funded games hitting the market very soon and I wonder just how many can be sustained.  For the first time in a long time, I'd really like to have a MMORGP I could really invest in consistently for at least a year.  2 months of CF, 2 months of CU, 1 month of SC, etc. does not appeal to me as that is what I have been doing with other MMOs for the last couple years.