Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
icedern

Camelot Unchained

You basicly have to sub for Crowfall unless you really intend long term to just be one Archetype even then will be at disadvantage because vets can train 3 skills vs your 1 if vets choose to go all in on one class

Part of what I said was that I had put a lot into CF, I think I have a year of VIP, maybe more? So I'll have all those advantages for a while anyway. The point is that spirit crows and passive leveling is dumb in my opinion. I like each unique character and I loathe not being able to get ahead, like this game is gunning for.

Elder Scrolls Online - Templar/Nightblade Mains      Guild Wars 2 - Necromancer/Thief Mains    http://www.twitch.tv/sommazzatore

With CU being built from the ground up with massive battles in mind, and with recent news where players kind of have to aim things and it's not going to be completely like traditional tab-target, this game is looking better and better.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

On 4/7/2017 at 3:22 PM, VIKINGNAIL said:

With CU being built from the ground up with massive battles in mind, and with recent news where players kind of have to aim things and it's not going to be completely like traditional tab-target, this game is looking better and better.

So sounds kinda like ESO with soft targeting? If so thats a good choice IMO as I think its a good middle ground if like you say its being designed from the ground up with huge battles in mind.

Also I'm usually one of those that say graphics are not important as gameplay but man that gameplay you posted above the character detail look so low res if just showed me the vid with no info I'd day it looks like SWG era. But yeah obviously is still in Alpha? so I'd expect the detail to improve over time.

4 hours ago, pang said:

So sounds kinda like ESO with soft targeting? If so thats a good choice IMO as I think its a good middle ground if like you say its being designed from the ground up with huge battles in mind.

Also I'm usually one of those that say graphics are not important as gameplay but man that gameplay you posted above the character detail look so low res if just showed me the vid with no info I'd day it looks like SWG era. But yeah obviously is still in Alpha? so I'd expect the detail to improve over time.

I'm not really worried about graphics but from what I've seen of CU development the graphics have gotten better and better over time with still plenty of developing to go.

I'd rather have good design than great graphics and I doubt great graphics can handle mmorpg scale battles. 

3 hours ago, pang said:

I don't follow CU too closely, but unless there's been a recent new development in their combat system, I don't think it's anything like ESO. ESO's soft target lock just highlights the target so you can track him in a crowd more easily, but doesn't assist with aiming. Moving the reticle away from the target even a little or having someone else block him from LOS will cause you to miss. From what I understand CU's combat revolves around their skill creation system. When creating a combat action, among the various elements of the action you can select from, one is choosing to make it traditional tab target or sorta free aim (not sure if all attack types will allow free aim, or only certain types like ranged), which will probably end up with a mix of tab target and free aim skills in your bar, more like GW2 in that regard I think. From what I understand it won't have dodges like GW2 though, however it will have active blocking. I don't know, hybrid systems like these have worked in certain games like GW2 but have been horrible in others. I guess it's wait and see.

The graphics have been getting better over time because there was zero reason to have any of it when all they have been doing is working on their engine for years. But you're definitely right, their backers won't be getting crysis online graphics when they want 1k+ on the screen at once with 60 fps.

Edited by oberon

Backed both, have test privileges on both, DAoC was probably my favorite MMO of all time but I'm leaning towards CF. Back when CF had the stationary rooted combat I was probably going to go with CU but now that they have seen the light so to speak CF seems like the game for me. I can't put my finger on what it is about CU but it's just not doing it for me. 

Unlike my guildie, I'm really excited for CU.  I haven't tested it yet or backed, I'm waiting for a more firm announcement on when exactly it's going to be up... CU seems less certain than CF.  So I'll wait.

On 4/28/2017 at 0:25 AM, Koldo said:

Unlike my guildie, I'm really excited for CU.  I haven't tested it yet or backed, I'm waiting for a more firm announcement on when exactly it's going to be up... CU seems less certain than CF.  So I'll wait.

Really?  I think CU seems more certain.  It's actually being built from the ground up to support MMO populations.

29 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Really?  I think CU seems more certain.  It's actually being built from the ground up to support MMO populations.

Being built from the ground up sounds like a lot bigger chance for failure.  Day Z was almost a sure thing too and it's perma-alpha.  Dunno, if they have open testing, I'll probably back then.  But till it's got a schd, I'm hands off.

On 29. 4. 2017 at 10:29 AM, VIKINGNAIL said:

Well "being build from the ground up to support MMO popilations" doesn't mean "to support fun".

Anyone who played EVE online understands that more players doesn't mean more fun.

From what I've seen, that game is just a tech demo still.

You can actually see Crowfall coming together, bit by bit. I feel like you can't see that from Camelot unchained.

Also, Beta was meant to launch about 15 months ago. I know poorly made socks happens in MMO development, I've been watching MMOs come together for years - but when you miss a date by THAT much, something massive custarded up somewhere. A delay that big can only be something being badly managed. 

On 6/3/2017 at 2:17 PM, xaine said:

From what I've seen, that game is just a tech demo still.

You can actually see Crowfall coming together, bit by bit. I feel like you can't see that from Camelot unchained.

Also, Beta was meant to launch about 15 months ago. I know poorly made socks happens in MMO development, I've been watching MMOs come together for years - but when you miss a date by THAT much, something massive custarded up somewhere. A delay that big can only be something being badly managed. 

I believe that they decided to offer more than the original way the game would work, they wanted to make it better, which makes it take longer.

If you think about it crowfall was supposed to be in beta in dec 2016 (projection), it probably won't be in beta until the end of 2017, delays are fairly common, especially when you are projecting way out when building a game from the ground up.  Obviously the closer you get to completion the more accurate your projections should become.

On 4/9/2017 at 4:47 PM, pang said:

It's not even a middle ground though. It's pretty much impossible to miss in ESO unless you have Parkinson's disease and there's an earthquake. It's basically just poorly disguised tab targeting.

3 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

I believe that they decided to offer more than the original way the game would work, they wanted to make it better, which makes it take longer.

If you think about it crowfall was supposed to be in beta in dec 2016 (projection), it probably won't be in beta until the end of 2017, delays are fairly common, especially when you are projecting way out when building a game from the ground up.  Obviously the closer you get to completion the more accurate your projections should become.

My modding and web development projects have all been on time. I apply the Scotty philosophy. I just double my ETA. That way if I'm late nobody knows and if I'm on time everyone thinks I'm early.

Edited by Pixelmancer