Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are Archetypes Race-Locked?

I'd love to be an Archer, but not really feeling being a deer to do it.  I like playing humans sometimes haha.  Are all archetypes race-locked and if so, is there any thoughts on changing it?

Yes and no. There's a list somewhere. I can't find it right now.

Most archetypes (but not all) are avaliable to 2+ races. Some races have more archetype options than others (with, I believe, Humans having the most options) and your race will also mean there are some archetypes that are not avalaible to you (e.g. the Tiny Guinecians can not take tank melee archetypes)

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Yes and no. There's a list somewhere. I can't find it right now.

Most archetypes (but not all) are avaliable to 2+ races. Some races have more archetype options than others (with, I believe, Humans having the most options) and your race will also mean there are some archetypes that are not avalaible to you (e.g. the Tiny Guinecians can not take tank melee archetypes)

Nope.  Most are available to both male and female characters.  The archetypes are race+class combos that are locked.

Nope.  Most are available to both male and female characters.  The archetypes are race+class combos that are locked.

My apologies. I could have sworn I saw a list that stated otherwise somewhere, but unless I can find that there's no reason to believe my nonsense.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

This is how I understood it too, which I think is a shame. If it's wrong, link us a source please.

Its correct.

The archetypes are race/class combinations.

However, ACE has said that not every archetype will have both genders. In a post they stated that the human type archetypes will more then likely have both a male and a female version, but not every archetype will be given this choice.

I'd love to be a Fey Druid or Fey Confessor. It bugs me that I can't :\

Its correct.

The archetypes are race/class combinations.

However, ACE has said that not every archetype will have both genders. In a post they stated that the human type archetypes will more then likely have both a male and a female version, but not every archetype will be given this choice.

And yet Centaurs will have a female version after 20-30 thousand more dollars.

It really depends on how much the sub-professions open the classes up, but I don't like them being locked in simply because I like more choice to be creative with. This is not to say that all races should be all classes (like Forgemaster should be unique to Dwarves), but I'd like some more combinations like a Centaur Knight or a Guineacean Champion.

The powers of the community I guess...

throw pitchforks for long enough and you might make a difference.

I'd love to be a Fey Druid or Fey Confessor. It bugs me that I can't :\

But will the female Centaur be a Legionnaire? I see this as adding another gender really, so like having a male or female knight. I'm actually interested to see where that pans out!

If you want to be an Archer you don't necessary HAVE to roll either Stalker or Ranger. With the amount of customization they have said the game has you could most likely roll a Templar for example then through Disciplines and promotion classes you could build it into an Archer.