Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
checkyotrack

The Unfortunate Truth: Crowfall Will Not Fill Your Shadowbane Void

Because nothing will. Nothing will replace the years of memories with your guildies and all you have left is reminiscings of Shadowbane ownage. Nothing will replace that and you will feel empty forever. And then you'll die.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

This is not about Crowfall being a good or bad game. This just has to to do with the unfillable void.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Nostalgia is an impossible thing.

Remakes, reboots, homages, they never live up to the original first experience, it's never the same.

So if you want to play Shadowbane you better just go back to... oh wait.

It's really a sad thing, but the memories are happy right? Well...mostly.

Oh wait? Guess you aren't aware of the emus -- or you are and you're poking fun at one/both.

Anyhow, I've gotten my shadowbane fix after magicbane came up and while I've been playing shadowbane solid for a year now, that void still exists.

Because it's not a void about the game, it's a void about anything in our past that we missed. Since we're gamers, we feel a gaming void as harsh as anyone else would feel a relationship void of a person we miss. We miss the epic sieges we had and some of the fights. Create Shadowbane 2 all you want, but it had its flaws and no one really misses the original shadowbane since it exists in 2 different forms on emus. You just miss the memories. But she's dead. Bury her.

Dare to fall in love again, even if Crowfall isn't the one. Keep on gaming.

No. UBI and Wolfpack and SBG all broke my heart.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Oh wait? Guess you aren't aware of the emus -- or you are and you're poking fun at one/both.

Anyhow, I've gotten my shadowbane fix after magicbane came up and while I've been playing shadowbane solid for a year now, that void still exists.

Because it's not a void about the game, it's a void about anything in our past that we missed. Since we're gamers, we feel a gaming void as harsh as anyone else would feel a relationship void of a person we miss. We miss the epic sieges we had and some of the fights. Create Shadowbane 2 all you want, but it had its flaws and no one really misses the original shadowbane since it exists in 2 different forms on emus. You just miss the memories. But she's dead. Bury her.

I get it :(  A game that can create a "community" that will answer you like this ^^^   is irreplaceable.   It wasn't so much the game itself, it was the ppl that played the game with you.   The shared experiences.   Ya'll were real lucky.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Largely the truth. You can play the versions of it, but you cannot go back to '04. You cannot fully reform the myriad iterations of communities from the past. The politics, the massive server wars. You remember times lost, memories of when it was still new. You loved it despite it's warts. It was an amazing game. Was.

"You can't go home again."

Thomas Wolfe

"You're not the same passenger that left the station"
                              TS Elliot

I have an entire page of quotes that I reread everytime I get SWG pangs.  You're right - whatever the game the void is unfillable.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Shadowbane was like a crack addiction. But the crack is almost all gone, but you still got it from SBEMU, but it's like an offbrand laced crack that can kill you, but as junkies it's all we have so we do it anyways.

Hopefully CF will be like our Rehab Centers. Intervention.

Edited by Khazzeron

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

We've placed SB on a pedestal. Same with UO. We look back and remember all the good and great and forget the bad.

Go cold turkey on SB. Move on. Life and gaming does/has.

Amen.

krevra.png

I hear you CYT. 

A great game or a great community or both. Sometimes it's hard to let go, even knowing that things have changed it far from where it should be.

It's time to close that chapter rather than trying to salvage.

If you can let the nostalgia go it will free you to be more open to new experiences. Fresh eyes will allow you to appreciate things at a different level once more.

Keep the great memories for sure, but don't look back, just move forward to the new and unexplored.

Crowfall will not fill that void, no. Crowfall will engage us only if you can accept it as being fresh, new and different. 

We have a whacky community here. I've never seen a gathering from such a wide variety of gamers/communities, it's such a mishmash!

The waiting to get our pixels into the game will be hard, but once we do, I'm positive the hype train will run wild and we will all settle into being "citizens of the Crowfall community". 

Edited by ozzie mozzie

288mqgz.png

Remakes, reboots, homages, they never live up to the original first experience, it's never the same.

Absolutely agreed... I never played Shadowbane or SWG, but I have experienced an MMO shutdown, and regardless of the game, when all that's left are memories, nothing can fill the void.

We've placed SB on a pedestal. Same with UO. We look back and remember all the good and great and forget the bad.

Go cold turkey on SB. Move on. Life and gaming does/has.

QFT.

Shadowbane was like a crack addiction. But the crack is almost all gone, but you still got it from SBEMU, but it's like an offbrand laced crack that can kill you, but as junkies it's all we have so we do it anyways.

Hopefully CF will be like our Rehab Centers. Intervention.

Nearly choked on some water from the SBEmu as offbrand crack that can kill you.