Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
checkyotrack

The Unfortunate Truth: Crowfall Will Not Fill Your Shadowbane Void

Because nothing will. Nothing will replace the years of memories with your guildies and all you have left is reminiscings of Shadowbane ownage. Nothing will replace that and you will feel empty forever. And then you'll die.

check is just upset that he didnt get to kill me the other day.  

check is just upset that he didnt get to kill me the other day.

Who were you and where?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Shadowbane was like a crack addiction. But the crack is almost all gone, but you still got it from SBEMU, but it's like an offbrand laced crack that can kill you, but as junkies it's all we have so we do it anyways.

Hopefully CF will be like our Rehab Centers. Intervention.

That's not Shadowbane. Saying so is an insult to the original.

have to agree...the EMUs are not SB...they are what they are...

as will CF be

I do miss SB...but kooky that I am...I miss City of Heroes....a decent NY Giants team...the 90s

I miss a lot of things from the past...

that's what memory is for, imo

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Because nothing will. Nothing will replace the years of memories with your guildies and all you have left is reminiscings of Shadowbane ownage. Nothing will replace that and you will feel empty forever. And then you'll die.

Truly a sockpost. We're standing in the presence of a master here, gentlemen.

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean

Truly a sockpost. We're standing in the presence of a master here, gentlemen.

only when it comes to baiting

FIQw0eP.png

only when it comes to baiting

I truly cannot control my right hand...

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

On the plus side it looks like there will be plenty of carebears and RPers to grief in the early stages.

What I'm about to say is harsh, but understand that I'm not aiming it at you, as an individual...

This is what killed Shadowbane.  It took years to bleed out, but this was the fatal wound.

Predators that hunt their prey to extinction die of starvation.

What I'm about to say is harsh, but understand that I'm not aiming it at you, as an individual...

This is what killed Shadowbane.  It took years to bleed out, but this was the fatal wound.

Predators that hunt their prey to extinction die of starvation.

Quoted for truth. When my group would get rolled in Khar, I was more determined to level just to stand a chance. Most gamers out there aren't like that. Even more so now than then. The beta guilds and CN played to crush, but in the end it wasn't healthy for long term server health. Played to crush the population is more like it.

Which is why I keep banging on about the importance of economics and stuff for not-quite-so-hardcore-pvpers to do. I must sound like a broken record on that topic already.

It makes sense, though. Make the game good enough for the carebears and they won't want to leave, even when we grief them.

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean

As much as I loved the experiences I had in Shadowbane, lets call a turd a turd. The game was mismanaged and launched as one of the buggiest pieces of crap I've ever played. Click to move? Are you kidding me? 

So many bad decisions went into that game. For it to remain such a "good" memory for so many people only proves how forgetful people are, and how much potential Crowfall has. If they are able to fulfill on what Shadowbane should have been? This games WILL provide better memories for the next generation of gamers. 

Edited by scree

As much as I loved the experiences I had in Shadowbane, lets call a turd a turd. The game was mismanaged and launched as one of the buggiest pieces of crap I've ever played. Click to move? Are you kidding me? 

So many bad decisions went into that game. For it to remain such a "good" memory for so many people only proves how forgetful people are, and how much potential Crowfall has. If they are able to fulfill on what Shadowbane should have been? This games WILL provide better memories for the next generation of gamers. 

yeah...click to move...i guess Diablo was just no fun for you ....sorry, i am so tired of that canard...

was it released way too early, and had bugs we all knew about extensively, yep....that's not the point

the point is, with the Arcane engine running on old SPARC Solaris servers, it did things NO other Game has since...that's why we have the basis for those Memories and hold it's crusty sb.exe ridden poorly made socks so dear to our blackened and flabby hearts...

are we all hoping that CF has some of that olde Magick, and some new fangled stuff built in that was not even remotely possible 12 to 15 years ago?

damn skippy we is....

FIQw0eP.png

I have been around the block more than most. When UO fell apart to Trammel, I was devastated. It is like your favorite dog died. Next one? You realize that there are good times to be had, value it while it lasts but then move on.

What I am more concerned (and this is not what OP is hinting at) is that ArtCraft won't have guts to go after PvP MMO, and succumb to "lets just clone WoW" disease. EK as currently talked about already have them on suicide watch.

have to leave, no Resources in the EKs

so yeah...you could just stay there i guess...but you got nothing to build/work with

FIQw0eP.png

I don't have to explain fellow SBer, that the possibility of other guys showing up on your doorstep with big ole mean rock, then tearing down your stuff, the entire thing down was what made SB great. Now imagine if all cities were automatically starting safe zones, and you could only fight over mines. Would it be the same game?