Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are we going to get to wield massive weapons as Champions, due to their size? I was kinda hoping to model my character after Gatts from Berserk (Dragonslayer OP).

Or are we going to be stuck with small toothpicks to bag nerds with?

Im guessing in the very LEAST the weapons will scale in size as they do for most games with differently sized models. The issue here is that Centaurs and Champions are going to be MUCH larger and this is probably unavoidable for the dev team. Now, will Centaurs and Champions (whatever they are) have special larger weapons made specifically for them? Im sure as hell hope so because it is part of the intimidation aspect of the class and is what is going to make or break its usability imo. You are either going to be unafraid of the dps, or you are going to have to think twice about your win condition against us. The former being something i dont want.

It would be interesting if weapon size didn't scale.  Smaller archetypes would have encumbrance issues for wielding larger weapons, but it would also help prevent unfair scaling (giving larger models a larger damage arc due to the scaled weapons).

The size differences and differences in animation and reach is one of the reasons they have the archetypes racelocked I thought. Because that becomes exponentially harder to balance the more archetypes and animations and such you have.

So I'm fine with large reach weapons on larger characters, I'm sure they'll consider it and build in drawbacks (ie. slightly slower animation startup/cooldown) to make it balanced.

Crowfall_ChampionBattle.jpgThe head of this axe alone looks like it outweighs the Knight, armor and all.

This guy looks like he could harvest wood resources really fast.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I'm of the same mind.

giphy.gif

That's like pre-patch Gatts though.

The level of pwnage he breaks out once he gets the Dragonslayer + Berserker Armor is unreal.

God I wish they would hurry up and make more movies of the rest of the manga  :(  :angry:

I know how you feel. My gif material is limited to what's been out so far of course. Didn't that Japan only PS2 game go into that arc?

Couldn't tell you to be honest. But boy is it brutal how deep the manga is and how slowly it comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, what if the weapons for the champion were special, similar to the barbarians from Diablo 3. They were the only class that could wield mighty weapons, and a number of those were massive monstrosities. This could allow for the Champion to use smaller class weapons, but then champions alone could use the equivalent of Mighty weapons.

Even if they get just massive weaponry alone, I wonder if they would have a subclass that specialized in sword and shield, or just two handed.

8Xk1ctm.png

Viris colratha dath sethicara tesh dasovallian. Soluris veh za jass.