Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bassa

Ace Please Make A Statement Regarding The Combat System.

Please provide more information on combat system, just "action based" is not enough and it is crucial point for many backers/possible backers.

Thanks in advance. 

P.s. I hope to see that info before the KS ends.

But the main things could be described. Just simple as that "DFO or Tera". It is enough for me to decide 

Well I think they've summed up the core idea by now. Action based combat, manual targeting (there has been vague mentions of vertical axis targeting), physics based etc. I think that's good broad definition of what it'll be about.

Well I think they've summed up the core idea by now. Action based combat, manual targeting (there has been vague mentions of vertical axis targeting), physics based etc. I think that's good broad definition of what it'll be about.

The problem for me that Tera's dev said the same.. But it is not a real non-target

The problem for me that Tera's dev said the same.. But it is not a real non-target

Well, cross your fingers devs will pull it off. The tricky thing with throwing money at kickstarter is that you're essentially making a donation for a game that is just "at the beginning" of its development. Same applies here, too many factors included so too many things can change.

Well, cross your fingers devs will pull it off. The tricky thing with throwing money at kickstarter is that you're essentially making a donation for a game that is just "at the beginning" of its development. Same applies here, too many factors included so too many things can change.

But still if this game is PvP-based then Combat is the main thing. 

I think in the IgN video they said it felt like Guildwars2/Tera. But the current directional attack vector colors look like Wildstar.

My hope is that movement of your character is nice and tight like in WoW, that direction of attack matters (for backstabs, etc) that the particle effects for weapons and spells are massively improved (and they should be when we hit the first stretch goal) that there are some PhysX/rag doll animations based on pulling creatures towards into a gravity trap and/or exploding them away and that there are awesome snow/rain/fog effects so we can ambush enemy guilds for supplies.

I think in the IgN video they said it felt like Guildwars2/Tera. But the current directional attack vector colors look like Wildstar.

My hope is that movement of your character is nice and tight like in WoW, that direction of attack matters (for backstabs, etc) that the particle effects for weapons and spells are massively improved (and they should be when we hit the first stretch goal) that there are some PhysX/rag doll animations based on pulling creatures towards into a gravity trap and/or exploding them away and that there are awesome snow/rain/fog effects so we can ambush enemy guilds for supplies.

I would say my opinion. I can't stand any fake system such as Wildstar, Tera, Dragon Prophet etc... If they are going to use that system I want to know that to decrease my pledge. But for some it might give the reason to back 

@tassa - bear in mind that no one at ign has played it. They were just commenting on the 4 odd minutes of gameplay footage we currently have to go off of.

Also, remember that it's pre-alpha and the devs are listening to what we backers want (collectively).

Already everyone was moaning about the Wildstar-esque attack-vector colors. My guess is they'll probably remove it. I think I read on the FAQ page that you can already switch it on and off manually.

My point is, say what you hope the game will be. If everyone does this then the devs will get a feel for it and make adjustments. Because at this point, they still can. If this was a year after release itd be much harder. But right now there is probably a lot more creative wiggle room.

@tassa - bear in mind that no one at ign has played it. They were just commenting on the 4 odd minutes of gameplay footage we currently have to go off of.

Also, remember that it's pre-alpha and the devs are listening to what we backers want (collectively).

Already everyone was moaning about the Wildstar-esque attack-vector colors. My guess is they'll probably remove it. I think I read on the FAQ page that you can already switch it on and off manually.

My point is, say what you hope the game will be. If everyone does this then the devs will get a feel for it and make adjustments. Because at this point, they still can. If this was a year after release itd be much harder. But right now there is probably a lot more creative wiggle room.

I can say that DFO and MO community does not spend time here on the forum and it is dominated by GW and Tera lovers. Also that system is bad for many points and it is easy to play. If they are going to listen to the community and this community is 99% of fake non target lovers I want to hear ACE's statement what they want it to be. I tried to play these games but I am not able to love the game with no skill demand. Also Skyforge, its another Tera style game in which I spent 5 min after downloading. 

They're gonna go with a TERA-style combat.

Why are you so sure? 

Read through the dev tracker, brah.  They've already specifically mentioned Tera, and even posted a video that was "making its rounds in the office" for inspiration.

Edit just to reaffirm my support for the combat direction they've been describing.  Keep the skillful fighting game mechanics alive my ACE brothers.  You are fighting the good fight.

Edited by mourne

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Read through the dev tracker, brah.  They've already specifically mentioned Tera, and even posted a video that was "making its rounds in the office" for inspiration.

Edit just to reaffirm my support for the combat direction they've been describing.  Keep the skillful fighting game mechanics alive my ACE brothers.  You are fighting the good fight.

Tera is not a skillful combat system. Even WoW is much more skillful. But I still want to hear an official statement with their vision of the combat. The thing in Tera system which is weird is "no prediction", shoot while holding crosshair on your enemy = hit. Range defined by the game mechanics so you can't hit an enemy from 51 meter if the maximum range is 50. Why so?

They've said many times that they are drawing inspiration from wildstar and tera and are going for something somewhere in between those 2 roughly, but that they also wanna make sure it isn't too twitchy. 

Please provide more information on combat system, just "action based" is not enough and it is crucial point for many backers/possible backers.

Thanks in advance. 

P.s. I hope to see that info before the KS ends.

People will make the action happen. Outside of killing frozenskeletons there wont be any scripted fights here... I hope...

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

They've said many times that they are drawing inspiration from wildstar and tera and are going for something somewhere in between those 2 roughly, but that they also wanna make sure it isn't too twitchy. 

Thats bad.

This isn't a FPS; twitchy is bad in third person. Plus they have to make some allowance for character skill and not just player skill.

Edited by Pleonast

Kickstarter Backer #1070

Initially it was looking to be more Wildstar like but they last said it would be more Tera like with less animation locks. Or at least that is what they are shooting on.

High Fives and Good Times