Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bassa

Ace Please Make A Statement Regarding The Combat System.

Tera is not a skillful combat system. Even WoW is much more skillful. But I still want to hear an official statement with their vision of the combat. The thing in Tera system which is weird is "no prediction", shoot while holding crosshair on your enemy = hit. Range defined by the game mechanics so you can't hit an enemy from 51 meter if the maximum range is 50. Why so?

You keep saying you want to hear an official statement, but then you willingly refuse to read the dev tracker.  Why is this thread still going...

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Just want to add, that the last thing we heard, was that they are looking into Teras aim system.

The one in the videos doesn't work well

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

You keep saying you want to hear an official statement, but then you willingly refuse to read the dev tracker.  Why is this thread still going...

The thing that they are inspired by Tera combat system doesnt mean that it will be 100% Tera combat? 

The thing the any random director is inspired by Terminator doesn't mean that he will mane another one.

Statement is not 1 sentence, I want to hear details.

Yeap, in my opinion. Nothing innovative and easy mode. So many games of that kind and none good.

How many western MMORPGs have gone for action combat so far? 

But the main things could be described. Just simple as that "DFO or Tera". It is enough for me to decide

I hope it's neither, both of those games suck donkey hooligan. BDO however....(minus potion spamming)

Plus they said they won't copy, just use it as inspiration. I don't expect to see or hear anything about combat for months.

Edited by Helix

How many western MMORPGs have gone for action combat so far? 

Indi? Enough. And what is action combat? Where you have to aim your hit? Where you personal skill is not framed by the game mechanics or the one where you can use autoaim without prediction and land all the hits cause by attacking while your crosshair on the target means hit? 

I'm fine with Guild Wars 2's combat system. Anything more precise or copmplex can be easily f*cked up by lag.

And will make a huge gap between skilleful players and others

I don't understand if your problem with TERA gameplay is just for ranged or in general.

Melee combat in TERA is pretty fun, I played a Slayer until lvl 54 and it was great.

I didn't played ranged that much, I know is not like a shooter, but still It doesn't feel that bad.

If you check the dev track you can find a lot of post about gameplay. They took inspiration from TERA, there will be less animation locks probably and it will be more fluid in early stages than TERA.

The ranged systems, all we know is that there will be cross hair, there is nothing about it and it seems like is the only thing you are discussing here.

Btw, I think TERA's combat is pretty skillfull, you need to read your opponent and fight him in base of his actions.

There must be vertical targeting. If not, how can a siege even be possible?

How can you attack someone from above?

This is my basis that there has to be vertical targeting. Thats why I don't like telegraphs too.

I don't understand if your problem with TERA gameplay is just for ranged or in general.

Melee combat in TERA is pretty fun, I played a Slayer until lvl 54 and it was great.

I didn't played ranged that much, I know is not like a shooter, but still It doesn't feel that bad.

If you check the dev track you can find a lot of post about gameplay. They took inspiration from TERA, there will be less animation locks probably and it will be more fluid in early stages than TERA.

The ranged systems, all we know is that there will be cross hair, there is nothing about it and it seems like is the only thing you are discussing here.

Btw, I think TERA's combat is pretty skillfull, you need to read your opponent and fight him in base of his actions.

So basically it is similar to normal tab tageting since you do not need to aim carefully. My concern is not with ranged combat only but with the whole system. 

There must be vertical targeting. If not, how can a siege even be possible?

How can you attack someone from above?

This is my basis that there has to be vertical targeting. Thats why I don't like telegraphs too.

Crosshair for melee and ranged should be done. Why so many people against full non target. Yeap, it demands skill. What is the problem with it

So basically it is similar to normal tab tageting since you do not need to aim carefully. My concern is not with ranged combat only but with the whole system. 

Take a two handed sword and make a swing in front of a dummie, then tell me how carefully you aimed to be able to hit the dummie.

They said it's like tera and wildstar as their best points of reference. But that won't be perfect. In the same way as saying Shadow of Mordor is a between Batman and LOTR. 

It's apt, apt enough for those devs to bring it up themselves when asked. But it's not perfect. We won't know more til we know more.

Edited by n00bf00

Tera is not a skillful combat system. Even WoW is much more skillful. But I still want to hear an official statement with their vision of the combat. The thing in Tera system which is weird is "no prediction", shoot while holding crosshair on your enemy = hit. Range defined by the game mechanics so you can't hit an enemy from 51 meter if the maximum range is 50. Why so?

... What how? Just because it has some "slight" lockon a few spells? Tera isn't build around being the most skillbased game, it's based around being the most fun game. A good player can still steamroll and outplay multiple enemies. Im sorry but how is Wow combat, with autoaim on every single spell and ability, more skillbased than Teras?