Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bassa

Ace Please Make A Statement Regarding The Combat System.

And will make a huge gap between skilleful players and others

Which is a bad thing.  Destroying the slightly less skillful will just drive them away from the game, resulting in empty servers and a broke developer, which eventually results in the game getting sold or shutdown.

sorry but how is Wow combat, with autoaim on every single spell and ability, more skillbased than Teras?

How is chess more skill-based than hopscotch?!  In hopscotch you at least have to aim for the squares you jump over, chess has no aiming at all!  /s

Aiming is just one tiny skill. Just because you and a few DF fanatics think it should be the most important skill in the universe, doesn't make it so.

Everything that the devs have said about combat so far sounds fantastic.  Makes me want to play today.

Personally, a few things do turn me off.  FX.  I hope they tone them WAY down.  I hate games like LOL where every sword swing looks like the fourth of July.  Sure, have a barely noticeable contrail for arrows and mage attacks so you can improve your aim, but melee should not have any more visible affects than a spray of blood.

I think doesn't like tera's combat because he was bad at it.

Saying that WoW's combat is better then Tera's is laughable, the only thing that custarded Tera up was the most important part the endgame, well the second most important thing combat is more then likely the first.

I will list a couple of links to further this conversation along.  One link has been posted in forum already as the inspiration video.  I am ok with Tera combat and at this point I hope it is not like WoW at all.  I do not want to see the cones and stuff like in wildstar.  If they could dress those cones up a bit so that it looks more natural, then I could get on board. I would like them to over animate a pole arm slicing through the air and actually have the swish noise with pole arm moving though the air so fast it creates a blur..  On cone type spell have the ground slightly disrupt while the spell moves toward the enemy.

I am even 100% ok with the tera reticle changing when I have target in sight.  As matter of fact, since downloading tera a few days ago and actually understanding the combat style because of forum post and videos here, I could handle a 100% mirror of tera.

Please use sound feedback a lot for us.  It adds game immersion.

here are a few links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlvJDIgVJJ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RGzzS1jGJc

How is chess more skill-based than hopscotch?!  In hopscotch you at least have to aim for the squares you jump over, chess has no aiming at all!  /s

Aiming is just one tiny skill. Just because you and a few DF fanatics think it should be the most important skill in the universe, doesn't make it so.

Lol, 'tiny skill'. If the game is about shooting magic/arrows, AIM is the n°1 priority for an engaging combat system.

y9tj8G5.png

The thing that they are inspired by Tera combat system doesnt mean that it will be 100% Tera combat? 

The thing the any random director is inspired by Terminator doesn't mean that he will mane another one.

Statement is not 1 sentence, I want to hear details.

It isn't very complicated from what I'm reading. You want DF or some other twitchy style aim/combat system. They aren't making that. The end.

If you personally dislike or disagree with this, too bad.

They most likely aren't going to come out with a twenty point list of what combat will be, nor show off what it will be. As they've said multiple times, they don't have it worked out yet.

If you can't look at Tera, Wildstar, GW2 and use a bit of imagination with how collision and FF might bring it all together, not sure what else can help at this stage.

No it won't be 100% Tera, nor 100% anything else as CF is its own game and the mechanics will require a unique design.

However, what you seem to be looking for isn't what they are planning, at least that's my interpretation. I'm a fan of FPS and high precision/twitch combat, when a game is designed for it. So far, nothing about CF looks like it would benefit from that sort of system. Want it? Play a different game.

The thing that they are inspired by Tera combat system doesnt mean that it will be 100% Tera combat? 

The thing the any random director is inspired by Terminator doesn't mean that he will mane another one.

Statement is not 1 sentence, I want to hear details.

The details are not complete, they've said their working on combat currently. The best we have is a quote saying they're 'leaning toward Tera combat' followed up by linking a video which compared WoW's poorly made socksty combat to GW2 and Tera.

So if you HAVE to have all the details of exactly how combat is going to work before you back the project, then your not ready to back it. Currently the only statement they will give is 'its not ready' and 'we'd love to hear your feedback on how you think it should be'

I think doesn't like tera's combat because he was bad at it.

Saying that WoW's combat is better then Tera's is laughable, the only thing that custarded Tera up was the most important part the endgame, well the second most important thing combat is more then likely the first.

Anyone notice this guys front is really small....

You got a small font bro, my regards.

Edited by Helix

Take a two handed sword and make a swing in front of a dummie, then tell me how carefully you aimed to be able to hit the dummie.

Players are not "dummies"...well, some of them anyway.  Most players aren't going to stand still and let you beat on them.  You definitely have to aim melee in skillful combat systems like DFO.

I have recently started playing Tera, and maybe I just don't have it setup right, but I don't like the character movement at all. When you press A or D, your character doesn't strafe, it turns in that direction and then attacks. It feels incredibly clunky and bad. Where you are aiming isn't where you are attacking.

As far as this combat system, I don't really know. But I definitely want to have better control of my character. I would definitely prefer a more twitch based system, but can deal with more "tab target like" systems if that is what they are planning on. I mean, something like Firefall or even Darkfall would be great, actual projectiles and aiming. Though I don't mind the combat systems in Wildstar or GW2 either.

Vidrak - Member of

mael4.jpg

Here's to hoping that the combat will actually be more tactical and positioning will be vital.

I would love to see some Dark Souls influences as well, concerning combat depth, since fighting might be animation based, there's a lot of opportunity to balance and have different options based on different attack animations, thus creating depth.

The hit boxes could be a little larger though, to make it a bit more manageable, but as far as pacing goes. I like it a little slower so you can really think about what you're doing, makes it more lag friendly as well.

The details are not complete, they've said their working on combat currently. The best we have is a quote saying they're 'leaning toward Tera combat' followed up by linking a video which compared WoW's poorly made socksty combat to GW2 and Tera.

So if you HAVE to have all the details of exactly how combat is going to work before you back the project, then your not ready to back it. Currently the only statement they will give is 'its not ready' and 'we'd love to hear your feedback on how you think it should be'

Yep this. Would rather wait until they get it more fleshed out before hearing about it honestly. Ask for feedback for sure but its not a good idea to go into much detail until they are more sure of how they are going to make their combat.

Here's to hoping that the combat will actually be more tactical and positioning will be vital.

I would love to see some Dark Souls influences as well, concerning combat depth, since fighting might be animation based, there's a lot of opportunity to balance and have different options based on different attack animations, thus creating depth.

The hit boxes could be a little larger though, to make it a bit more manageable, but as far as pacing goes. I like it a little slower so you can really think about what you're doing, makes it more lag friendly as well.

Agreed!  see: sig

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Players are not "dummies"...well, some of them anyway.  Most players aren't going to stand still and let you beat on them.  You definitely have to aim melee in skillful combat systems like DFO.

Did you even read what I was answering to?

It was a response to the guy talking about Tera's Combat beeing like tab targeting. I was not even talking abut DFO.

The guy talked about Tera's combat like he has not to aim to hit a target, with a huge 2 meter Two-handed sword and with the strength of a fantasy character that can swing the sword pretty well, you will hit a huge area in front on you, you don't need to perfectly aim to one point of the body, you will hit something if the enemie is in range. Of course players move around, the point was not about hitting a mobile target but about aiming to the enemie, you don't need to aim a lot in melee, you need to control the range of action of your attacks, which TERA do pretty well.

I enjoyed playing Tera a lot, because of the combat, the leveling was boring, just standard quests, etc.

For what I saw in DFO, the gameplay is oriented to be a "medieval combat simulator" with magic, like Chivalry with magic. I don't like that gameplay a lot in general, and what I like less is swaping between first person and third person.

I don't see how aiming with a sword in Tera is much different that aiming with a sword in DFO, I am not talking about how fluid it was, but the aiming, you point your sword towards where you want to hit and you swing it there, if something is in the hitbox of the attack It will be hitted if not, you missed.

To MattVid

I have recently started playing Tera, and maybe I just don't have it setup right, but I don't like the character movement at all. When you press A or D, your character doesn't strafe, it turns in that direction and then attacks. It feels incredibly clunky and bad. Where you are aiming isn't where you are attacking.

As far as this combat system, I don't really know. But I definitely want to have better control of my character. I would definitely prefer a more twitch based system, but can deal with more "tab target like" systems if that is what they are planning on. I mean, something like Firefall or even Darkfall would be great, actual projectiles and aiming. Though I don't mind the combat systems in Wildstar or GW2 either.

I don't know how much you played the game, I enjoyed the gameplay a lot, once you reach lvl 30 it gets more fluid. Anyways, for what we saw on the trailer of crowfall, and what the devs talked about, the game will have influences from Tera, but it will be more fluid at early "lvls", I expect some animations locks but not as much as Tera so It will be probably more fast paced than Tera, we will see.

Edited by reider