Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have Streaming Built Into Your Game.

Let's be real here. Many people now find out about games and get a feel for games due to sites like Twitch. Getting people to play your games on Twitch has done wonders for building a community. The more streamers you have for a game, the more popular or fun people think it is and then they are that much more likely to play the game.

If you could have streaming built in so that players didn't need to download so much software and plugins it would allow your game to have that much more of a presence online.

Maybe a 1.5 or 2 million dollar stretch goal could make this happen.

Pretty sure Path of Exile did it when they were just starting out and helped them alot.

They have built-in streaming now?  They didn't for years before.

Built-in streaming support is definitely not a high priority.  Anything you can do outside of the game... and better... doesn't need to distract the developers from focusing on gameplay.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

They have built-in streaming now?  They didn't for years before.

Built-in streaming support is definitely not a high priority.  Anything you can do outside of the game... and better... doesn't need to distract the developers from focusing on gameplay.

They had it in one of the first patches after beta was done

It is a fun idea, but I don't it is important since you have freeware like OBS, which is easy to set up and easy to use.

If we get all star citizen on Kick starter, then maybe it would be cool, but I doubt we will go that far and I would much rather see other aspects of the game improved  :)

Gives me ze Linux client

Let's be real here. Many people now find out about games and get a feel for games due to sites like Twitch. Getting people to play your games on Twitch has done wonders for building a community. The more streamers you have for a game, the more popular or fun people think it is and then they are that much more likely to play the game.

If you could have streaming built in so that players didn't need to download so much software and plugins it would allow your game to have that much more of a presence online.

Maybe a 1.5 or 2 million dollar stretch goal could make this happen.

Use Xsplit or OBS to stream, having them put it up as a stretch goal is wasted money since you can do it for free having a program run wich allows you to stream better then most of those ingame streaming things

...obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken. "***** ******"
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. "Alexander the Great"

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for necroing an old topic.

Instead of the full stream support I would be more than happy just to be able to see the twitch chat in-game.

That surely doesn't require lot of programming, doesn't require licensing video/or streaming codecs (as you would need for a full complete stream support).

For benefits, you would have more people willing to stream (more visibility for the game) and also you would make happy all the streamer which doesn't have a dedicated monitor for checking the chat.

And yes, Path of Exile fit it in beta lol. I bet to dare that there are Unity libraries for this purpose (with 1-2 hours implementations on the developers side).

catfall-logo-typo-small.png

Sorry for necroing an old topic.

Instead of the full stream support I would be more than happy just to be able to see the twitch chat in-game.

That surely doesn't require lot of programming, doesn't require licensing video/or streaming codecs (as you would need for a full complete stream support).

For benefits, you would have more people willing to stream (more visibility for the game) and also you would make happy all the streamer which doesn't have a dedicated monitor for checking the chat.

And yes, Path of Exile fit it in beta lol. I bet to dare that there are Unity libraries for this purpose (with 1-2 hours implementations on the developers side).

I thought most streamers have at least 2 monitors (which isn't very expensive anymore)?  They do accomplish this with every game out there without the need for all developers to add code to their games.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

Problem with built-in streaming is when your game crashes so does your stream.  Same happens with in game voip.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty