Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Exaelitus

Game Age Rating?

This is something that i think we need the devs to tell us for what rate they are aiming, T, M, Adults only, etc.

For me, since this game will introduce physically based combat, why not make things more cruel, i mean, the centaur stomping in someone, the forge master crushing heads with his hammer, lets go full Game of Thrones, but that its me, i dont know if would be good for the game be a bit graphically violent.

So, what do you think?

Honestly, noone on the forums can give you an answer to this. And Its possible not even ACE knows until they start tinkering with combatmechanics. I guess it all depends on the gore, which for me does not matter much.

I don't understand the need for over the top, grotesque content in the game like this, honestly. Stuff like that just servers to the satisfaction of the lower minded.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I don't understand the need for over the top, grotesque content in the game like this, honestly. Stuff like that just servers to the satisfaction of the lower minded.

Stop making real/boring posts. I see your name and expect satire! 

test_sig_hurt_short.png

-Draconic Warlords, Usual Suspects, Freaks of Nature, Disturbed Forces, The Hate Crew, TSCCC-

I'd prefer they avoided blood fetishism. You know, the kind where more blood sprays out of a wound than there is in the human body? *side eyes Bioshock Infinite*

I mean yeah, okay. Blood comes out when you injure or kill someone, but there's seriously a limit. Usually I just roll my eyes when everything explodes like a blood balloon.

With the art style they are going with, they could have blood/gore while not making it overly "mature" which is another benefit of going the more stylized/cartoon look compared to hyper realism. Wouldn't mind some blood on the battlefield and what not, but at the same time, I wouldn't miss it either.

If it adds to the design-content-gameplay, sure, but if it is just there because blood and heads flying everywhere are cool, rather they focus elsewhere. Still wondering how death/respawn will work with "immortal" characters. Getting your head removed with gallons of blood everywhere, just to respawn seems sort of pointless.

Along with that, while I'd guess most minors play whatever they want these days, locking them out in any way is only decreasing the total population now and in the future. I started online gaming around ~14 (almost 20 years ago) and if I was restricted from a game for 4 years or whatever, I'd probably have found something else to play by the time I was "mature" enough. Instead of enjoying it for 4 years and then however long after with my "mature" life allowing.

Looking at the current rating system and what they have shown, would be surprised if it made Mature without some effort. I think the art style does them some favors, where ESO could get M because of the more realistic look and story.

Edited by Allein

Bear in mind, gore is not just for art style. It can be used to help emphasis power of attacks and nature of classes. EX: the honorable knight might have little gore but the brutal bandit could cause blood to go everywhere. Furthermore, concerning art style, the use of gore can help to emphasis the tone and significance of death. If you die by just falling to the ground, that suggests death is not important; however, if you die in a brutal gory(within reason) manner, it emphasis the important nature of death.

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

Sweet, sweet physics combat... All archetypes need a 'golf swing' finisher for Guineceans.

So we get an "upkilt" finisher where we go between your legs, aim our pistol up and pull the trigger.

Edited by bairloch

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.